Honestly, time to give Marv some criticism.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Honestly, time to give Marv some criticism.

Overall I have been pretty happy with the Jauron/Marv leadership at OBD. However, Marv is a motivator and chemisrty builder, not a businessman. He's made some mistakes and he needs to be accountable for them:

1) Nate Clements. The homers don't want to admit that we got nothing for him. Who agrees not to franchise the hottest FA in the league and get nothing in return?

2) Darwin Walker. This is a cluster. I guarantee that the Bills didn't know that his rights revert back to Philly. Marv didn't know and than finally came clean.

3) This is second guessing but was Poz still going to be there when the Bills picked at #43? The kid doesn't look like he's starting either.

4) McCargo needs to play in the season opener. This was a reach pick that Marv had his name on. The guy needs to play because he is a 1st rounder.

5) Willis and Spikes landed us no better than a late 3rd rounder. No offense but if someone said that both of these guys were getting traded you would have thought that we could have gotten a 2nd rounder somewhere.

I like Marv and I'm glad we have him. However, I loved my grandfather too but I wouldn't let him invest my money. Who's helping Marv make decisions around there?
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Honestly, time to give Marv some criticism.

how can you guarantee no. 2? You have sources too?
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
      3) This is second guessing but was Poz still going to be there when the Bills picked at #43? The kid doesn't look like he's starting either.

I like Marv and I'm glad we have him. However, I loved my grandfather too but I wouldn't let him invest my money. Who's helping Marv make decisions around there?
      The same personnel department that "helped" Donadope.

Who says that Puz isn't starting?

OTA talk? B/c if DiGiorgio starts at MLB then we're freakin' hosed. Things will have just gone from the frying pan into the fire. As well, if your 1st and early 2nd rounders can't start immediately, then it's not an endorsement for your FO. Even the late-2nd rounders, 3rds, and 4ths should be doing something in their rookie years now in the NFL. This ain't 1972 where rookies could be stockpiled for later use.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

1) Agree- that "gentlemen's agreement" was a huge mistake.
        2) Agree- this may be the dumbest trade ever
        3) Semi-agree. This one could go either way because if Marv didn't make the trade and someone else took Poz when we need an LB so bad, he'd look like a complete jackass too. I can't completely fault him for this trade, provided Poz starts.
        4) I've never been thrilled with the McCargo pick but the jury's still out IMO.
        5) The Spikes trade was covered in #2. As far as McGahee, it's tough to say if we got good value because a lot of people around the league think he's better than he is. I still say it's good riddance, but I would have rather seen it done earlier so we could have had more picks for THIS year. Next year's draft picks won't help this team win THIS year.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• madness
          • Apr 2003

Last time I checked, no GM is perfect. You could make a list like this for any GM in the NFL. Even thou holy Polian, himself.

A GM's job is to put together a winning team. The success of that team is how they are held accountable. Not by how many business decisions didn't pan out. Hindsight, my friend.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
            The same personnel department that "helped" Donadope.

Who says that Puz isn't starting?

OTA talk? B/c if DiGiorgio starts at MLB then we're freakin' hosed. Things will have just gone from the frying pan into the fire. As well, if your 1st and early 2nd rounders can't start immediately, then it's not an endorsement for your FO. Even the late-2nd rounders, 3rds, and 4ths should be doing something in their rookie years now in the NFL. This ain't 1972 where rookies could be stockpiled for later use.
            oh now you've done it.

you're going to get 6 million posts telling you that you have no idea how DiGiorgio will play and that London Fletcher was a UDFA, as if that somehow makes DiGiorgio better.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bigbub2352
              • Feb 2005

i hate to say it but gettin rid of Spikes, Mcgahee and Clements was not by choice they all wanted out of here and that is what some of these NFL experts need to realize, plus for the money we were paying Spikes to not play at a ProBowl level was a waste, Fletcher was old and making plays 15 yards down feild, and Clements only makes plays when the game dont matter or we r playing the awesome stable of QB's in Maimi
              I will take an unproven Lynch over an overatted Mcgahee any day
              Poz will start at MLB that was just OTA's and Digorgio will be an outstanding backup and ST player, a good find by Marv and Co. since he is from a Div II school
              But i got to agree with u on Walker this is making Marv look bad, but i do think they knew what was up with him, maybe they thought they could get him to agree to the 1yr deal thing and rent him for a year while McCargo develops, he is only 23, DT usually take awhile
              Plus we got 2 3rds and a 7th for half ******* Mcgahee,
              Spikes if Walker doesnt sign or get traded will be a bad deal i agree with u there
              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

OP's got a friend
                sacrifice1

Comment

Originally posted by madness
                  Last time I checked, no GM is perfect. You could make a list like this for any GM in the NFL. Even thou holy Polian, himself.

A GM's job is to put together a winning team. The success of that team is how they are held accountable. Not by how many business decisions didn't pan out. Hindsight, my friend.
                  Well, OK, that and $4 will get you a Starbucks Coffee.

The goal should be to hire competence. We didn't do that, once again. Now we're stuck with an OJT GM that's merely a wooden figure head for a previously failed support staff led by a personnel department that's really more or less run the show here since we've sucked hind teet.

Get ready though, I'm sure that Wilson's next move once Levy "retires" after either this or next season will be to promote Modrak, the source of many of the Bills' problems. So just get ready for that. That'll serve as a nice softball sized suppository for us fans just prior to Wilson's death and the sale and move of the team.

Gosh, I just can't wait. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    OP's got a friend
                    Maybe we can pitch in and get you one too.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Maybe we can pitch in and get you one too.

haha! No thanks. I already know the world is gonna end , but not in my lifetime.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        haha! No thanks. I already know the world is gonna end , but not in my lifetime.
                        What are you, a Chihuahua running around nipping at my heels yelping?

Shoo fly!

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                          • Sep 2003

Last I checked we were 7-9 and were in all but 2 games against a brutal schedule all in all not bad for a 1st year GM and coaching staff, let see what we do this year.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
                            let see what we do this year.
                            that is not acceptable. Either you say the bills will suck or the bills are going to the sb. There's no wait and see in their world. That would be considered as not having a take.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• madness
                              • Apr 2003

Well, OK, that and $4 will get you a Starbucks Coffee.
                              I hate coffee. Even if I did like it, I wouldn't spend $4 on one unless it was premium grade and a size of a Big Gulp.

Comment

Working...
                              X