Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hat's off to Log!

Can suck a golf-ball through a garden-hose. BironsGirl43's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    :friends: I agree LOG.. you did a great job.. you put a lot of time and effort into making the game what it was and it was a lot of fun. Like I said to you the other night.. the best part was getting to know people better and having some fun. I really got to know my teammates better and people that I didn't really know at the start.. like Gunz, PA, SoCal.. you guys were awesome. And I was sorry to see how things got personal and arguments started over the whole thing.. it was just a game.. and just for fun.. it should have been fun.. I hope those in conflict have resolved a few things.. because in the end.. is it really worth it? Losing friends over a silly..errr great game.. .. I don't think so.. and I know at one point I told the SB on our board.. that if we ever got to the point where we were arguing as the Hotties were.. then I would have voted myself off..
    ~*Let's go Buffalo*~

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    like i said on a different thread...anytime i can make over 10,000 zbs and not play is a good time for me!!

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,786 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    I thought when the game was presented to people the TOS violations were clearly going to be fair game. I can honestly say a lot of the comments I made that were TOS violations weren't at all because I was upset and just ripping into people. Sometimes I can get a little carried away I will admit that. But when that italics challenge was being played out I just couldn't help myself but react the way I did to some things the opportunities were too good to pass up and I assure you I was LMAO the whole way. The MBA program I went through was like two years of this Survivor game in a lot of ways and I know some of the tricks and crap people pull to get others on a team lined up behind them when things are so cut-throat. I did call Jaded a ***** in one of those threads a couple times and she way over-reacted to it. For one thing, the timing on the thread I thought it was completely hillarios and one of the best ones I have ever dropped on the boards and I am a wise ass jokester. I certainly would have explained all this to Jaded and apologized to her but I was a little ire'd she couldn't own up to the fact that some of the things that were being said were true. Basically, my concerns and comments were firmly based in things that were really happening. Jaded seems to think that because she was along for the ride that absolves her of all responsibility and it doesn't. I went after her so strongly because she was the most vocal communicator of that little group and I wanted to shake them all loose. Unfortunately, it ended up back-firing and killing the Hotties because I was so vocal Clump started to call me into question then he waged a war against me for something I didn't do and ended up quitting which killed the voting lead we had. As far as the ***** comments go, I guess people don't recognize a play on words like that so easily. The other team was the *****es weren't they? Anyone working against the Hotties was a *****.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    http://www.billsfanzone.com/showthre...h&pagenumber=1

That's the thread I was talking about. This challenge started right after I called Jaded and her co-horts out about the voting alliance. I think the funniest thing about it is I actually threw her a comment and all she saw was I was calling her a *****...LMAO.

Sorry Jaded. You are just too easy for this type of game.

Registered User Jack In Syracuse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Well, I know one thing. I'm not playing next time. I wasn't in it long, but the way the Hotties self destructed is not something I would want to be part of again. Plus the fact that the challenges took part at all different times of day was difficult. I have a regular 40-hr week job, I'm in the Blue Coat organization, I'm also involved in two commitees for a group here called CNY Sparc plus I'm on the Events Commitee at the Syracuse Chamber Of Commerce. I really don't have the time to devout as much as some others that were in the game. And some people saw that as a weakness.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    And you guys wanted me to take action on this......

However, If I did, EE would have been 5-1 , Biron'sGirl 30-1

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by BillC

Resigning the first time to devote my time to other projects, I also will lay claim to devising the challenge in which both teams "raided" each other 's private forum. I also devised the rule where the vote was to take place BEFORE the raids, as I
    Little did I know I would get sucked back into this game. I was totally prepared to give all my votes to Thurm, as with all the Spikes and Price action going on, I needed to devote time to updating the news on the site. But once Brian H started all his crying, I decided to go for it just to keep him from coming back.
    Glad I influenced ya big guy !

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Jack, it was a serious weakness. Some of the challenges were structured such that everyone's participation was mandatory. We did not make up the rules but the people in the game could not help but see someone who could not be online as a potential hurdle to winning a challenge. I still don't understand why this is so unreasonable to some people or why you would think that the fact that you have more in your life means people in a stupid game like this should carry you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I also don't think we self destructed as much as people think just because there was some strife. We were very close to winning this thing and we would have won if it was fair and we weren't placed at so much of a disadvantage. Unfortunatelly, someone that isn't even playing the game sabotaged us (or it was clump and LOG) and pinned it on me which wasn't enough of a challege because I had been so vocal. LOG said he was manipulating the game so someone couldn't get too far out in front. What he didn't account for in his plans to screw us over was Clump rising up and winning a challenge all by himself--a challenge we did not have any other chance to win. We were in the drivers seat at that point. But Clump did not want any of the Hotties to win so he screwed us over in the end. I don't really know what happened all I know is I had nothing to do with it but people pin it on me because I am outspoken.

In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Please stop your whining!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    lol

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I'm not whining at all. I'm stating facts. That is a lot different than whining.

In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    The way I see it, reading those forums- while joking or not with the attacks on J7, you drew a bullseye on your back from the start.

Saving the World One Signature at a Time! Valerie's Avatar
    Somewhere on a Beach sipping something strong
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Typ0 That's the thread I was talking about. This challenge started right after I called Jaded and her co-horts out about the voting alliance. I think the funniest thing about it is I actually threw her a comment and all she saw was I was calling her a *****...LMAO.

Sorry Jaded. You are just too easy for this type of game.
    No worries, Typ0. I know I was vocal, but it's actually a good thing. I'm finally learning to stick up for myself. And yes, I know I can take things too personally at times, but I hate being attacked when it's unwarranted. I wasn't some evil mastermind behind some grand scheme. I was honestly trying to work as a team and kick some butt. It's a shame we fell apart, because I think we had the stronger team. We just weren't as unified as the *****es.

You live and you learn. At least now I know who's true to their word and trustworthy and who isn't. It was an eye opener for me.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
    Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
    The only answer I found for all this hurt
    Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Jaded, I never actually thought you were the instigator. I only knew something was up and logic tells me you would be a main artery of support because you are good about communicating with everyone. My real intention was to flush out the real culprit and leave them vulnerable and unsuspecting. There were several people who figured out who that person was by the way they were posting. It was so obvious anyone who could read could see who was trying to cover something up so in that sense it worked very well. Sorry you had to be exploited like that.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    The way I see it, reading those forums- while joking or not with the attacks on J7, you drew a bullseye on your back from the start.

I think I said that somewhere in my posts on this thread. I never wanted to win anyway I just wanted to have some fun. I did want a hottie to win though that was important to me.

Registered User Jack In Syracuse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Dozerdog
    Please stop your whining!
    I agree, games over. Get over it. I did.

Visually stunning but camera-shy. Cntrygal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,593 Times in 4,537 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by gunzlingr
    My wife got pissed, because I was always running to the computer (and talking about the challenges), and the marathon challenge she came out at 2 am (I think), and royally ripped into me. I told I had insomnia, even though I could barely keep my eyes open! It an was awesome time, I enjoyed getting to know my teammates, and hope that some we can do it again sometime.
    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Saving the World One Signature at a Time! Valerie's Avatar
    Somewhere on a Beach sipping something strong
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    @Gunzlingr. Yeah, I think we were all a bit obsessed with the game. I know I would rush home and make sure I was online for the challenges and around during the day. I swear, I did more work on Survivor than I did at my job during that first week! And poor Patrick was sneaking out of the house roaming the streets looking for a computer. lol I called Ticat on night around 7pm and told him to go back to his work so he could log on and do a challenge. The poor guy. It was cold and snowing and he wasn't in the mood to go back out since he was settled in, but he did! :) I kept a list of phone numbers of all the Hotties with me at all times in case I had to contact one of them ASAP. I had a ball too! :)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Cntrygal

That was nothing Cntry, Saturday after lunch, I was supposed to meet her in the food court. So I sat there for over an hour after you left, only to discover she meant the Target food court. She was royally pissed at that, until she realized she didnt specify which food court!
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!