• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Re: Ronnie Brown not looking too good.

Originally posted by FinFaninBuffalo
    Edwards? Perhaps you're expected Trent Edwards to start for the Bills and get his bell rung?

For the record, the Fins are building their OL via the draft. Their current starters are:

Carey - Mormino - Satele - Hadnot - Alabi

3 of them were not on the starting OL last year. By my count, thats MORE changes than the Bills made. Perhaps you should get some facts before typing. Just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they won't be any good.

We were talking about the FO addressing the OL. They added Fowler and Reyes last season. Fowler is the starting center. Reyes finished the season as third string. 1 out of 2 free agent moves on the OL last season worked. That's 50%.

Anthony Thomas had 378 yards rushing last season. Hardly anything to crow about. Tripplett was merely an average DT on a bad defense.

]Edwards? Perhaps you're expected Trent Edwards to start for the Bills and get his bell rung?
    Actually, that was just a typo and I fixed it, thanks.

For the record, the Fins are building their OL via the draft. Their current starters are:

3 of them were not on the starting OL last year. By my count, thats MORE changes than the Bills made. Perhaps you should get some facts before typing. Just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they won't be any good
    Yes, you're starting OL sucks. And just because there are more changes, doesn't mean that it will make your line better, it depends on what kinda change. The difference is, the Bills added an emerging LG and a mammoth at RT, both of these players are veterans and young ones with unlimited potential at that.

Let's compare:

Peters - Dockery - Fowler - Preston - Walker

Let's see, compare a young upcoming LT in Jason Peters who is arguably the best LT in the AFC East to Vernon Carey a serviceable veteran at best.

Then we got a powerful road grader in Derrick Dockery who opened up holes for Portis and when he went down they still managed to pop out crazy runs with their backup running back to a freaking center who has to fill in at LG in Drew Mormino because your team has no talent on the OL! Let me also include that Mormino is a rookie and to say that he would be anywhere near Dockerys talent level now is completely ridiculous.

Veteran center Melvin Fowler who stepped up last year and did a great job working with Losman and getting his career on the right track to an unproven rookie center in Samson Satele. Once again, to claim Satele is going to be anything even close to what Fowler is, is completely ludicrous seeing as how he hasn't played a snap in the NFL.

Comparing Hadnot to Preston, this is the only area in Miami's OL that they may have an advantage. Hadnot has more game time experience but it isn't as bad as it seems because Preston has had a couple of seasons to work with McNally already.

Compare starting veteran RT Langston Walker who is a mammoth 6'8 360 lbs who can move his feet like a LB to backup OT Anthony Alabi who only is starting at RT because your usual starter in LJ Shelton is a fat ass who can't take care of his body in the offseason.

Our OL rapes yours.

Also, just because Reyes didn't stay long-term doesn't mean that he wasn't a valuable addition last year, there just weren't many other players that were better and available, other than Hutch anyways and to be frank, I could care less about him now that we got Dockery anyways. Plus, A-Train filled in admirably posting a couple 100 yard rushing games when called in as a backup. How many other backup RB's in the league that can rush for 100 yards a game on any given day can you name? Also, for the price that A-Train was signed at ( a little over veteran minimum.. ) I would consider him a huge addittion to our staggering running game last year.

Class is out.

Comment

• Mudflap1
      Next Question!
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
      relax Jon. Whether you're a finfan ,browns ,Pitts , if you live in buffalo you're passionate about your team.
      No, the guy is a non-Bills fans who is trying to be antagonistic and insult Bills fans by saying their statements (which are misquotes to boot) are "******ed." Frankly, that's offensive. He needs to know he can go pound sand with his lame arguments...

Jon

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
        Registered Fish
        • Aug 2006

Never said our D was better. Just stating potential down the road and when Zach , Porter and JT leave, we're ahead.
        That day is surely coming.

and our O wasn't at full force either. JP was held back by the OC .
        I've got two words for you - Mike Mularkey.

Sorry, Green WAS better but not last year. Jp is on his way up, Green is on his way down.
        I'm not sold on Losman. I like Beck's potential more that JP's.

Brown is more proven than Lynch but I do like Lynch POTENTIAL better.
        That's debatable, but at this point, Brown had put up a very respectable 4.3 YPC behind a suspect OL.

We shall see about who's wr's are better. Evans is better than anything you've got.
        Evans is the best between the two teams, but I don't think any of the other WRs on the Bills make the Fins roster.

Who's your TE? Martin? the guy is more injury prone than Rob Johnson and when he's healthy he wasn't all that with Frave throwing to him. I also read that he's not cutting it at camp.
        You need to check your sources. I hear Martin is doing fine.

Both are different and both are questionable still. Ours is not that much better but we've seen that our team has gotten better with time while yours hasn't shown anything under the new coaches.

I will never count the fins out. The jets were supposed to suck last year and didn't. Can't see why the fins can't get better.
        Agreed.

But when all is said and done, you're gonna wish you have Wanny back. [/quote]

I'll take the record he put up in his first year....

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mudflap1
          No, the guy is a non-Bills fans who is trying to be antagonistic and insult Bills fans by saying their statements (which are misquotes to boot) are "******ed." Frankly, that's offensive. He needs to know he can go pound sand with his lame arguments...

Jon
          I didn't say he was well informed, just passionate.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Static
            The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying.
            • Jul 2005

relax Jon. Whether you're a bills, finfan ,browns ,Pitts , if you live in buffalo you're passionate about your team. Take LT for instance. He's still a closet bills fan.

To which LT are you refering?

Comment

• Mudflap1
              Next Question!
              • Nov 2004

They mean nothing this season.

Perhaps they should just not play the upcoming season. Just use the scores from last season. Guess what? The Bills finished 7-9. Jesus Christ from the way you spout off, you'd think the Bills finished 16-0 last season.

HERE IS A NEWS FLASH FOR YOU - We are debating whether TWO BAD teams did enough to get better this season. To claim that a 7-9 team is clearly better than a 6-10 team is ******ed.

Before you through the 37 and 6 numbers around again, consider that the Fins beat the Bears and Pats soundly last season. Does that make them better than the Bears and Pats? By your logic, you'd have to agree with that. Care to ellaborate?
              By the way, you never did answer the question directly. What do those two numbers tell you about last season? No bull**** rambling about stuff that doesn't answer the question either...

Jon

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LT teh ghost
                To which LT are you refering?
                the birthday boy.
                sacrifice1

Comment

• Mudflap1
                  Next Question!
                  • Nov 2004

I didn't say he was well informed, just passionate.
                  That I definitely agree with!

Jon

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
                    Registered Fish
                    • Aug 2006

Never said they were 16-0. In fact, Buffalo was mediocre at best. But Buffal was better than Miami this year, and, barring major injuries or disasters unforeseen, will be better this year.

Interesting you say that the scores didn't mean anything last season when you say this:

Then to top it off, you then state this:

Interesting. Why don't you just go away until the Fish play the Bills? Your argument is nonsensical and no one on here agrees with you. How old are you? You act like you are 10 years old...

Jon
                    Why is it interesting? I give the Bills OL the nod because of the uncertainty surrounding the Fins OL.

The fact that the Fins OL was better than the Bills OL last season is still true.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

That day is surely coming. ....
                      sooner than later I hope.

I've got two words for you - Mike Mularkey.
                      we know

I'm not sold on Losman. I like Beck's potential more that JP's. ....
                      fair enough. I actually think Beck=Edwards.

That's debatable, but at this point, Brown had put up a very respectable 4.3 YPC behind a suspect OL. ....
                      that's I I said he'll be a beast. I don't think he'll ever be able to carry Lych's jock in the passing game.

Evans is the best between the two teams, but I don't think any of the other WRs on the Bills make the Fins roster. ....
                      that's debatable.

You need to check your sources. I hear Martin is doing fine. ....
                      camp reviews on FH? Anyways , Martin hasn't done squat to say he's better than Royals as bad as some people here think Royals was last year. Should be an interesting year. It's my oinion that we will have a better TE corps when all is said and done.

I'll take the record he put up in his first year....
                      more like his last year
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• Mudflap1
                        Next Question!
                        • Nov 2004

Why is it interesting? I give the Bills OL the nod because of the uncertainty surrounding the Fins OL.

The fact that the Fins OL was better than the Bills OL last season is still true.

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
                          Registered Fish
                          • Aug 2006

By the way, you never did answer the question directly. What do those two numbers tell you about last season? No bull**** rambling about stuff that doesn't answer the question either...

Jon
                          It tells me that the Bills beat the Fins last season. And? The Fins had an up and down season last year. In the end, they were only one game worse than the Bills. Face it, 7-9 is just not that much different than 6-10. They both suck.

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
                            Registered Fish
                            • Aug 2006

I backed my opinion up with facts and an independent web site that provides an analysis of OL play. What did you support your opinion with?

Comment

• Mudflap1
                              Next Question!
                              • Nov 2004

It tells me that the Bills beat the Fins last season. And? The Fins had an up and down season last year. In the end, they were only one game worse than the Bills. Face it, 7-9 is just not that much different than 6-10. They both suck.
                              I'm going to totally blow your mind and shock you here.......

I agree with this statement.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                                Next Question!
                                • Nov 2004

I backed my opinion up with facts and an independent web site that provides an analysis of OL play. What did you support your opinion with?
                                The Bills outscoring Miami 37-6 in two games last year including Vernon Carey (Miami's best offensive linemen) getting owned by Ryan Denney (3 sacks) in less than a game, and Chris Kelsay also getting a sack in that game against Carey. Also, Joey Harrington had a 0.0 quarterback rating in the second game. Miami scored no touchdowns against Buffalo in either game and ended up overhauling their offensive line because of its mediocre (bad) performance throughout the season.

Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X