• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FinFaninBuffalo
    Registered Fish
    • Aug 2006

Re: Ronnie Brown not looking too good.

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
    Actually, that was just a typo and I fixed it, thanks.

Yes, you're starting OL sucks. And just because there are more changes, doesn't mean that it will make your line better, it depends on what kinda change.
    That's funny just one post ago you claimed that the Fins hadn't made any changes to the OL. Which do you really believe?

The difference is, the Bills added an emerging LG and a mammoth at RT, both of these players are veterans and young ones with unlimited potential at that.
    Unlimited potential????? Too funny.

Let's compare:

Carey - Mormino - Satele - Hadnot - Alabi

Peters - Dockery - Fowler - Preston - Walker

Let's see, compare a young upcoming LT in Jason Peters who is arguably the best LT in the AFC East to Vernon Carey a serviceable veteran at best.

Then we got a powerful road grader in Derrick Dockery who opened up holes for Portis and when he went down they still managed to pop out crazy runs with their backup running back to a freaking center who has to fill in at LG in Drew Mormino because your team has no talent on the OL! Let me also include that Mormino is a rookie and to say that he would be anywhere near Dockerys talent level now is completely ridiculous.

Veteran center Melvin Fowler who stepped up last year and did a great job working with Losman and getting his career on the right track to an unproven rookie center in Samson Satele. Once again, to claim Satele is going to be anything even close to what Fowler is, is completely ludicrous seeing as how he hasn't played a snap in the NFL.

Comparing Hadnot to Preston, this is the only area in Miami's OL that they may have an advantage. Hadnot has more game time experience but it isn't as bad as it seems because Preston has had a couple of seasons to work with McNally already.

Compare starting veteran RT Langston Walker who is a mammoth 6'8 360 lbs who can move his feet like a LB to backup OT Anthony Alabi who only is starting at RT because your usual starter in LJ Shelton is a fat ass who can't take care of his body in the offseason.

Our OL rapes yours.

Also, just because Reyes didn't stay long-term doesn't mean that he wasn't a valuable addition last year, there just weren't many other players that were better and available, other than Hutch anyways and to be frank, I could care less about him now that we got Dockery anyways. Plus, A-Train filled in admirably posting a couple 100 yard rushing games when called in as a backup. How many other backup RB's in the league that can rush for 100 yards a game on any given day can you name? Also, for the price that A-Train was signed at ( a little over veteran minimum.. ) I would consider him a huge addittion to our staggering running game last year.

Class is out.
    You are returning 3 players on an OL that gave up 47 sacks last season. One of the players you added gave up 10.5 sacks all by himself last season.

Clearly you are drinking the koolaid.

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
      Registered Fish
      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Mudflap1
      The Bills outscoring Miami 37-6 in two games last year including Vernon Carey (Miami's best offensive linemen) getting owned by Ryan Denney (3 sacks) in less than a game, and Chris Kelsay also getting a sack in that game against Carey. Also, Joey Harrington had a 0.0 quarterback rating in the second game. Miami scored no touchdowns against Buffalo in either game and ended up overhauling their offensive line because of its mediocre (bad) performance throughout the season.

Jon
      So do the other 14 games not count? What are you not understanding when I point out that the Bills gave up more sacks and had a lower YPC average? Its really not that difficult to understand.

Comment

• Mudflap1
        Next Question!
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by FinFaninBuffalo
        So do the other 14 games not count? What are you not understanding when I point out that the Bills gave up more sacks and had a lower YPC average? Its really not that difficult to understand.
        You must've been a real fun guy to be around when Buffalo played Miami last year.....

Jon

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
          Registered Fish
          • Aug 2006

You must've been a real fun guy to be around when Buffalo played Miami last year.....

Jon
          The fact that the Bills were also bad made it bearable. Present company excepted, few Bills fans really want to cheer - "Hoorah! We suck a little less than the Dolphins!"

Honestly, after beating the Bears, and the Pats, I expected the Fins to win the second game. With Joey Harrington, you're never very far from a loss though.

Comment

• Mudflap1
            Next Question!
            • Nov 2004

The fact that the Bills were also bad made it bearable. Present company excepted, few Bills fans really want to cheer - "Hoorah! We suck a little less than the Dolphins!"

Honestly, after beating the Bears, and the Pats, I expected the Fins to win the second game. With Joey Harrington, you're never very far from a loss though.
            Nice to know it's "bearable" for you watching your team getting your ass handed to you by the "lowly" Bills.

New argument: who has the better offensive line, the Miami Dolphins or University of Buffalo Bulls? Probably closer than you'd like to admit...

Jon

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
              Registered Fish
              • Aug 2006

Nice to know it's "bearable" for you watching your team getting your ass handed to you by the "lowly" Bills.

New argument: who has the better offensive line, the Miami Dolphins or University of Buffalo Bulls? Probably closer than you'd like to admit...

Jon
              Luckily the Bills sucked so bad that the home games were blacked out.

BTW, the Fins scored a TD in the first game. IMO, they shoud have won that game, but Culpepper played bad and Mularkey is an idiot. Only his play calling could stop Ronnie Brown that day.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                Next Question!
                • Nov 2004

Luckily the Bills sucked so bad that the home games were blacked out.
                It's probably just as well.

Jon

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
                  Registered Fish
                  • Aug 2006

It's probably just as well.

Jon
                  I would have been shopping for a new TV on December 18th......

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

I hate to break this to you but the Bills OL has many question marks. Why do you keep pretending that the Bills OL was anything other than terrible last season? They added an decent LG and a horrible RT to a very bad OL.

LT - solid
                    LG - solid
                    C - average
                    RG - below average
                    RT - 10.5 sacks allows last year. Bad. Bad. Bad.

The Fins have more question marks but that doesn't guarantee they will be worse.
                    The OL we started with was not the one we finished with so unless you have stats from week 9 to the end of the season than you really don't know what you are talking about. Fowler was the only player that finished the season where he started.

I can argue about our LT and LG being a little better than "solid". Fowler, I would say "average" is fair.

In regards to RG and RT. We have a ton of depth fighting for 2 positions. I know one thing for sure and that is Langston Walker never sucked at RG. If he struggles at RT he can easily be moved over because we have Pennington, Merz, or Butler waiting in the wings. In addition, Whittle and Preston are both RG starters with the same group sitting behind them as well.

Do your home work before posting here.

Nice job avoiding who the starters are on Miami's O-line. Post again when you can tell me.

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
                      Registered Fish
                      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      The OL we started with was not the one we finished with so unless you have stats from week 9 to the end of the season than you really don't know what you are talking about. Fowler was the only player that finished the season where he started.
                      The Bills gave up 26 sacks from week 9 to the end of the season. That's 2.9 per game. For the season they had 47 (2.9 per game). McGahee's YPC was not much different either. Perhaps you should do a little research before claiming that others don't know what they are talking about.

I can argue about our LT and LG being a little better than "solid". Fowler, I would say "average" is fair.
                      So my rankings were not too biased.

In regards to RG and RT. We have a ton of depth fighting for 2 positions. I know one thing for sure and that is Langston Walker never sucked at RG. If he struggles at RT he can easily be moved over because we have Pennington, Merz, or Butler waiting in the wings. In addition, Whittle and Preston are both RG starters with the same group sitting behind them as well.
                      All you've shown is that the Bills have a bunch of players filling roster spots. None of the players in the mix at RG and RT have done anything in their careers. The only one with a track record is Walker and it is BAD.

Do your home work before posting here.
                      You were saying?

Nice job avoiding who the starters are on Miami's O-line. Post again when you can tell me.
                      I think they will be:

Carey - Mormino - Satele - Hadnot - Shelton

Reports from camp have been very good for Carey and Satele. Mormino is beating out a vet with plenty of playing experience. Hadnot is a decent starting guard. Shelton will be fine at RT. I'll take him over Walker any day.

There are several other competing for the starting spots. Personally, I'd like to see Anthony Alabi get the start at RT and allow Shelton to back up the RG and RT spots. Chris Liwienski provides excellent depth at both guard and tackle.

My bigger concern is depth and LT and C, but most teams have that problem.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

My bigger concern is depth and LT and C, but most teams have that problem.
                        We don't.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

I backed my opinion up with facts and an independent web site that provides an analysis of OL play. What did you support your opinion with?
                          whats your opinion of mcnally and houck?
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mudflap1
                            Next Question!
                            • Nov 2004

This is slightly off topic (but not much), but let's not ballyhoo Willis McGahee's statistics one way or another. While talented, the guy was an absolute underachieving, disinterested slug when he was here. He should not be the barometer by which an entire team should be judged.

Frankly, I'd say the same if he ran for 1200 yards and had a 4.2 YPC. But then, we may not have gotten rid of him in that case either.

Jon

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

The Bills gave up 26 sacks from week 9 to the end of the season. That's 2.9 per game. For the season they had 47 (2.9 per game). McGahee's YPC was not much different either. Perhaps you should do a little research before claiming that others don't know what they are talking about.
                              I should have seen this coming.

I'm guessing JP's fumble numbers dropping, his passing % improving, and his YPA moving up couldn't have been attributed to having more time in the pocket?

That's why you have to watch the games.

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
                                Registered Fish
                                • Aug 2006

I should have seen this coming.

I'm guessing JP's fumble numbers dropping, his passing % improving, and his YPA moving up couldn't have been attributed to having more time in the pocket?

That's why you have to watch the games.
                                Perhaps by then he had learned to better deal with playing behind a poor OL......

Comment

Working...
                                X