• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kgun12
    • Jul 2002

Re: Ronnie Brown not looking too good.

Originally posted by Bling
    I heard the same thing this time last year. I think Miami can expect out of Ronnie what they've got the last two years. They can also expect the same O-line they've had the last two years. Whether you think Ronnie has sucked the last two years is your opinion. I personally think he's a great asset to the team. If he goes 16 straight games, he'll easily break 1250, probably 1300.
    I agree with you Bling! If he had any Oline at all, he would gain a lot more yads. I think him getting beat up last year is a by product of the crapping line! As a bills fan I hope they don't fix it anytime soon!!!
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

Comment

• Confused
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
      In fairness he hasn't sucked but he has been somewhat of a disppointment. Wasn't he the #2 overall pick?
      yeah, they flopped on cadilac. it may have not have helped much, but cadilac is the better rb.

Comment

• Confused
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Jun 2007

Lynch blows 'em both awy tho

Comment

• BidsJr
          • Sep 2002

I really don't know what you guys are talking about. The only thing they're talking about where I post is that Ronnie complained of cramps. If you guys can post a link that Ronnie is looking bad in practice, I'd love to read it.

My wife tells me that Midol is good for that. WTF is up with the Fin trainers?
          "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• evol4276
            • Oct 2005

thats no good, rivals or not i like ronnie

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
              • Mar 2004

The grind hit Brown like it meant to knock him out.
              Brown hit back.
              HURTS SO GOOD
              ''I was hurting out there, man,'' he said afterward -- but with a wide smile, one of those ones that looks like it might percolate into a giggle at any moment.
              One of those bring-it-on smiles.
              Will a quality blocking fullback in Cory Schlesinger and the ingenuity of Cameron's quick-hit attack help Brown overcome what seems a so-so offensive line?
              Green already has counseled Brown about not being overwhelmed by the Tomlinson factor, and Brown is saying all the right things for now. About the shadows that have fed him fuel, about the doubters who have pushed him. He mentions how Rudi Johnson was the star when he first arrived at Auburn, and later how it was Cadillac Williams. He mentions sharing time then with Ricky Williams in Miami.
              Now all he has to be is this team's Tomlinson?
              ''For my name and his name to be in the same sentence is motivation for me,'' Brown said. ``I know my workload is going to be turned up and that expectations are going to be pretty high. I am ready to carry the load.''
              All that is easy to say. But Brown's actions have impressed, too
              Ask veteran defensive lineman Vonnie Holliday who he sees working the hardest of any teammate.
              ''Ronnie Brown, by far,'' he replies.
              Here's a entertaining read about Schlessinger the guy paving the way for Brown:
              Unbent. Unhazed. And unknowing that it just got screwed (literally) onto the helmet of the most facemask-abusing player in the Dolphins locker room -- and maybe even the NFL.
              ''I'm going to go through at least one a game,'' Schlesinger said. ``Sometimes, I go through two a game. They'll switch them out at halftime. They just have to do it pretty fast because those get smashed pretty good. They even carry extra helmets for me.''
              No joke, Schlesinger figures he has run through more than 200 facemasks during the past 12 seasons with the Detroit Lions. After the Dolphins signed Schlesinger as a free agent this offseason, an equipment manager from the Lions actually called with a warning.
              As a result, Miami equipment manager Joe Cimino ordered more than double the normal amount of facemasks (the same style used by defensive tackle Keith Traylor).
              Schlesinger even says bent facemasks actually might not be a bad thing, considering the alternative of plowing through a battle at the line of scrimmage. Reason being, the best blockers keep their heads up at impact.
              ''When you start having marks on the top of your helmet, that's not a good thing,'' he says. ``If you see what you're hitting, and you're bending your facemask, that's perfect.''
              Perfect for his neck. And potentially perfect for running back Ronnie Brown. Perhaps the biggest beneficiary of Schlesinger's hard-nosed mentality, Brown will have a weapon in front of him that he hasn't had in his first two years in Miami.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

Ronnie Brown is good, it's their OL that sucks, imho.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                  • Mar 2004

What I'm hearing is that John Beck looks like crap. Throwing INTs left and right.
                  so what have you been reading man? true Beck has thrown some INTs but he's actually been very sharp and accurate, especially with the deep ball. So far he's had a good connection with Reed and has started to develop a good relationship with Ginn:
                  Undoubtedly the highlight of a dull morning workout consisting mostly of special-team work was rookie quarterback John Beck throwing a gorgeous 50-yard pass to rookie receiver Ted Ginn in the end zone...

• While the team was going through an 11-on-11 running drill at one end of the field, two quarterbacks at a time conducted a 20-yard passing drill at the other end. With one-on-one coverage and no linemen, Beck looked particularly impressive on multiple throws.
                  • Beck threw a 20-yard dart into the end zone to Ginn, which was the second nice connection between the two during the day. In the morning session, Beck also hit Ginn on a 50-yard throw with double coverage.
                  • Beck also looks considerably comfortable passing to wide receiver Kerry Reed. Reed, an undrafted rookie who grew up in Homestead, has shown some nice hands so far during camp. He had one particularly nice catch as he ran across the middle of the end zone, snagging Beck's crisp pass at full speed.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                    Ronnie Brown is good, it's their OL that sucks, imho.
                    the defense wasn't too shabby last year either, so at least it's not like he's struggling against some porous unit

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                      • Mar 2005

What I'm hearing is that John Beck looks like crap. Throwing INTs left and right.
                      You clearly read different stuff than I read.

Comment

• Dolphanzeke
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                        No Kidding all Ive read from the herald/post/sentinel have been glowing reports on accuracy and command even the Finheaven camp reporters are saying good things...strange...must be some alternate rivals universe.
                        FOOTBALL SIM --->http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=47186

Comment

• Mudflap1
                          Next Question!
                          • Nov 2004

The Dolphins offensive line is HORRIBLE! You can't lay all the blame on Ronnie Brown or even Trent Green for that matter. They're going to have no protection!

Jon

Comment

• Bling
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
                            so what have you been reading man? true Beck has thrown some INTs but he's actually been very sharp and accurate, especially with the deep ball. So far he's had a good connection with Reed and has started to develop a good relationship with Ginn:
                            I read what Frosty posted, thank you very much.

Comment

• duhbilz
                              S.Jersey #1 fan of Daunte Culpeper where he may play
                              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                              The Dolphins offensive line is HORRIBLE! You can't lay all the blame on Ronnie Brown or even Trent Green for that matter. They're going to have no protection!

Jon
                              From week 5 to week 16 the Dolphins Oline gave up 1.6 sacks a game, good enough to finish 6th best in the league. They gave up less total sacks then Buffalo even after giving up 21 sacks in the first 4 games and R.Brown had over a 4 YPC. AVG. That hardly constitues a "Horrible Oline". It may be now, but it wasn't horrible last year, once Daunte was replaced

Comment

• Bling
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by LtFinFan66

The article on July 30 says

A John Beck pass was tipped and turned into a Renaldo Hill interception. Another deflected pass from Gibran Hamdan found linebacker Channing Crowder. Another Beck pass intended for wide receiver Az-Zahir Hakim was broken up with a nice leap from Michael Lehan.
                                Cam Cameron said after practice that ball-control was a concern.

Don't shoot the messenger. It's only been what 5 days? I'm not calling him out, I'm reporting what I'm reading.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍