Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronnie Brown not looking too good.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Ronnie Brown not looking too good.

The grind hit Brown like it meant to knock him out.
    Brown hit back.
    HURTS SO GOOD
    ''I was hurting out there, man,'' he said afterward -- but with a wide smile, one of those ones that looks like it might percolate into a giggle at any moment.
    One of those bring-it-on smiles.
    Will a quality blocking fullback in Cory Schlesinger and the ingenuity of Cameron's quick-hit attack help Brown overcome what seems a so-so offensive line?
    Green already has counseled Brown about not being overwhelmed by the Tomlinson factor, and Brown is saying all the right things for now. About the shadows that have fed him fuel, about the doubters who have pushed him. He mentions how Rudi Johnson was the star when he first arrived at Auburn, and later how it was Cadillac Williams. He mentions sharing time then with Ricky Williams in Miami.
    Now all he has to be is this team's Tomlinson?
    ''For my name and his name to be in the same sentence is motivation for me,'' Brown said. ``I know my workload is going to be turned up and that expectations are going to be pretty high. I am ready to carry the load.''
    All that is easy to say. But Brown's actions have impressed, too
    Ask veteran defensive lineman Vonnie Holliday who he sees working the hardest of any teammate.
    ''Ronnie Brown, by far,'' he replies.
    Here's a entertaining read about Schlessinger the guy paving the way for Brown:
    Unbent. Unhazed. And unknowing that it just got screwed (literally) onto the helmet of the most facemask-abusing player in the Dolphins locker room -- and maybe even the NFL.
    ''I'm going to go through at least one a game,'' Schlesinger said. ``Sometimes, I go through two a game. They'll switch them out at halftime. They just have to do it pretty fast because those get smashed pretty good. They even carry extra helmets for me.''
    No joke, Schlesinger figures he has run through more than 200 facemasks during the past 12 seasons with the Detroit Lions. After the Dolphins signed Schlesinger as a free agent this offseason, an equipment manager from the Lions actually called with a warning.
    As a result, Miami equipment manager Joe Cimino ordered more than double the normal amount of facemasks (the same style used by defensive tackle Keith Traylor).
    Schlesinger even says bent facemasks actually might not be a bad thing, considering the alternative of plowing through a battle at the line of scrimmage. Reason being, the best blockers keep their heads up at impact.
    ''When you start having marks on the top of your helmet, that's not a good thing,'' he says. ``If you see what you're hitting, and you're bending your facemask, that's perfect.''
    Perfect for his neck. And potentially perfect for running back Ronnie Brown. Perhaps the biggest beneficiary of Schlesinger's hard-nosed mentality, Brown will have a weapon in front of him that he hasn't had in his first two years in Miami.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ronnie Brown is good, it's their OL that sucks, imho.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bling
    What I'm hearing is that John Beck looks like crap. Throwing INTs left and right.
    so what have you been reading man? true Beck has thrown some INTs but he's actually been very sharp and accurate, especially with the deep ball. So far he's had a good connection with Reed and has started to develop a good relationship with Ginn:
    Undoubtedly the highlight of a dull morning workout consisting mostly of special-team work was rookie quarterback John Beck throwing a gorgeous 50-yard pass to rookie receiver Ted Ginn in the end zone...

• While the team was going through an 11-on-11 running drill at one end of the field, two quarterbacks at a time conducted a 20-yard passing drill at the other end. With one-on-one coverage and no linemen, Beck looked particularly impressive on multiple throws.
    • Beck threw a 20-yard dart into the end zone to Ginn, which was the second nice connection between the two during the day. In the morning session, Beck also hit Ginn on a 50-yard throw with double coverage.
    • Beck also looks considerably comfortable passing to wide receiver Kerry Reed. Reed, an undrafted rookie who grew up in Homestead, has shown some nice hands so far during camp. He had one particularly nice catch as he ran across the middle of the end zone, snagging Beck's crisp pass at full speed.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloFever
    Ronnie Brown is good, it's their OL that sucks, imho.
    the defense wasn't too shabby last year either, so at least it's not like he's struggling against some porous unit

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bling
    What I'm hearing is that John Beck looks like crap. Throwing INTs left and right.
    You clearly read different stuff than I read.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by LtFinFan66
    No Kidding all Ive read from the herald/post/sentinel have been glowing reports on accuracy and command even the Finheaven camp reporters are saying good things...strange...must be some alternate rivals universe.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Dolphins offensive line is HORRIBLE! You can't lay all the blame on Ronnie Brown or even Trent Green for that matter. They're going to have no protection!

Jon

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by !Papacrunk!
    so what have you been reading man? true Beck has thrown some INTs but he's actually been very sharp and accurate, especially with the deep ball. So far he's had a good connection with Reed and has started to develop a good relationship with Ginn:
    I read what Frosty posted, thank you very much.

http://www.phinzmania.com/forum/index.php?topic=16196.0

S.Jersey #1 fan of Daunte Culpeper where he may play
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mudflap1
    The Dolphins offensive line is HORRIBLE! You can't lay all the blame on Ronnie Brown or even Trent Green for that matter. They're going to have no protection!

Jon
    From week 5 to week 16 the Dolphins Oline gave up 1.6 sacks a game, good enough to finish 6th best in the league. They gave up less total sacks then Buffalo even after giving up 21 sacks in the first 4 games and R.Brown had over a 4 YPC. AVG. That hardly constitues a "Horrible Oline". It may be now, but it wasn't horrible last year, once Daunte was replaced

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by LtFinFan66

The article on July 30 says

A John Beck pass was tipped and turned into a Renaldo Hill interception. Another deflected pass from Gibran Hamdan found linebacker Channing Crowder. Another Beck pass intended for wide receiver Az-Zahir Hakim was broken up with a nice leap from Michael Lehan.
    Cam Cameron said after practice that ball-control was a concern.

Don't shoot the messenger. It's only been what 5 days? I'm not calling him out, I'm reporting what I'm reading.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzlingr
    I read somewhere that Sammy Morris is the best back on the Phins.
    Obviously the magazine I read that in was out dated
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by duhbilz
    From week 5 to week 16 the Dolphins Oline gave up 1.6 sacks a game, good enough to finish 6th best in the league. They gave up less total sacks then Buffalo even after giving up 21 sacks in the first 4 games and R.Brown had over a 4 YPC. AVG. That hardly constitues a "Horrible Oline". It may be now, but it wasn't horrible last year, once Daunte was replaced
    Ok, you're right, the Dolphins' offensive line is f'n stacked. Now when Green gets 6 concussions this season and Ronnie Brown gets 900 yards in like 11 games because of injury, we know who not to blame...

Jon

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ok, you're right, the Dolphins' offensive line is f'n stacked. Now when Green gets 6 concussions this season and Ronnie Brown gets 900 yards in like 11 games because of injury, we know who not to blame...

Jon
    Just pointing out a little info/facts, I didn't realize it would be offensive..

Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,285 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

this idiot raider fan at work who is always bashing Losman, and thinks he knows it all drafted Ronnie Brown for his fantasy league - I can't wait to show this "know it all" up.

I know more than he does, he's just one of those people who never shuts up, and keeps trying to make the same point time after time - even though you've already defeated his point.

the Bears fan and Cowboys fan at work both call him my ***** because of how many times I've proven what a moron he is when it comes to football.
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by duhbilz
    Just pointing out a little info/facts, I didn't realize it would be offensive..
    It's not offensive, their line sucks.

Jon

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's not offensive, their line sucks.

Jon
    Maybe so.

Registered Fish
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Jon
    Their offensive line was better than the Bills OL last season. Fewer sacks, better YPC by the RBs. Glass houses, glass houses......

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What was your record last year?

We'll see who's line is better this year also.

Dolphin fans have no room to talk smack whatsoever at this point, especially on a Bills board. Just take it like a man!

Jon

Registered Fish
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What was your record last year?

We'll see who's line is better this year also.

Dolphin fans have no room to talk smack whatsoever at this point, especially on a Bills board. Just take it like a man!

Jon
    Smack from a Bills fan. Too funny. The Fins were bad last season and so were the Bills. A Bills board is one of the few places that a Fins fan can talk smack.

Get back to me the next time the Bills have a decade that doesn't include more losing seasons than winning seasons. (Hint, it won't be this decade)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,689 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills addressed their O-line issues this offseason. Whether it works or not remains to be seen but they did attempt to fix the line.

And, in the 2nd half of the season, the Bills had a better line than the Fish.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.