Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronnie Brown not looking too good.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Ronnie Brown not looking too good.

Right now the D is just dominating the offense in general.... But lets remember that the D was one of the best in the league last year and is staying the same while the offense is learning a new scheme... Plus Shelton and Hadnot (who will probably be our starting RT and RG) are working with the second team as the coaching staff wants them to help with the younger guys on that unit.

The O-line is just not doing a lot right now and because of it Ronnie isn't being given much room to run which has lead to a little hesitation. Several writers though have pointed out that he is 10 pounds lighter then he was last year and is in the best shape ever as a Dolphin.

The biggest problem I see here isn't Ronnie Brown, he will be fine.... The concern to me is the offensive line, and only time will tell how well they shape up.

Registered Fish
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    The Bills addressed their O-line issues this offseason. Whether it works or not remains to be seen but they did attempt to fix the line.

And, in the 2nd half of the season, the Bills had a better line than the Fish.
    The Fins are making an attempt also. There will be at least two new starters on the OL. All 5 positions will likely have different starters next season. Both teams have something to prove on the OL.

Here is a site that attempts to rank various positions. Their OL ranking last season puts the Fins OL ahead of the Bills OL.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol2006.php

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FinFaninBuffalo
    Smack from a Bills fan. Too funny. The Fins were bad last season and so were the Bills. A Bills board is one of the few places that a Fins fan can talk smack.

Get back to me the next time the Bills have a decade that doesn't include more losing seasons than winning seasons. (Hint, it won't be this decade)
    You must have a pretty exciting life to go onto a RIVAL'S message board (not a message board of your own team) and try to spam that message board's fans with propaganda about your lousy team that has no merit.

Keep trolling superstar...

Jon

Registered Fish
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mudflap1
    You must have a pretty exciting life to go onto a RIVAL'S message board (not a message board of your own team) and try to spam that message board's fans with propaganda about your lousy team that has no merit.

Keep trolling superstar...

Jon
    Was it me that created a thread about a Dolphin's player?

I'm sorry, do you want to just huddle together with other Bills fans and giggle while making baseless comments about the Fins? Does that make you feel better. Sad, very sad.

I know there are plenty of Bills fans on this site (and Fins sites as well) that enjoy a heathly debate about the merits and problems of both teams. If you prefer to stay out of those discussions, be my guest.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Was it me that created a thread about a Dolphin's player?

I'm sorry, do you want to just huddle together with other Bills fans and giggle while making baseless comments about the Fins? Does that make you feel better. Sad, very sad.

I know there are plenty of Bills fans on this site (and Fins sites as well) that enjoy a heathly debate about the merits and problems of both teams. If you prefer to stay out of those discussions, be my guest.
    Give me an f'n break...

What should be sad for you is that your team hasn't been relevant in the NFL since when? 1984, maybe 1986? And you're wasting your time on a BUFFALO BILLS message board being argumentative and insulting.

Don't play the holier-than-thou card. Your team sucks. Our team sucks too, but the difference is you have a lame duck coach who couldn't win in college and had a stacked team in San Diego, which is the only reason he was the Dolphins' choice (like, sixth choice) to be head coach. You also have a very weak offensive line that got weaker in the offseason as opposed to (likely) stronger for the Bills. That's all. Your defense is good, but aging. Your quarterback used to be good, but will probably come to die in South Florida since he's 37 years old and playing behind a crappy offensive line where you actually have a decent back, but won't be able to effectively establish the running game and he will be throwing for his life and have a heavy pass rush on him all season (due to a crappy offensive line).

But if you think your **** doesn't stink, go ahead and talk smack. We'll see where Miami is at in January. Until then, keep spending your days littering a BUFFALO BILLS message board.

Jon

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Buffalo's O-line is overrated, though Mudflap.

Registered Fish
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Give me an f'n break...

What should be sad for you is that your team hasn't been relevant in the NFL since when? 1984, maybe 1986? And you're wasting your time on a BUFFALO BILLS message board being argumentative and insulting.

Don't play the holier-than-thou card. Your team sucks. Our team sucks too, but the difference is you have a lame duck coach who couldn't win in college and had a stacked team in San Diego, which is the only reason he was the Dolphins' choice (like, sixth choice) to be head coach. You also have a very weak offensive line that got weaker in the offseason as opposed to (likely) stronger for the Bills. That's all. Your defense is good, but aging. Your quarterback used to be good, but will probably come to die in South Florida since he's 37 years old and playing behind a crappy offensive line where you actually have a decent back, but won't be able to effectively establish the running game and he will be throwing for his life and have a heavy pass rush on him all season (due to a crappy offensive line).

But if you think your **** doesn't stink, go ahead and talk smack. We'll see where Miami is at in January. Until then, keep spending your days littering a BUFFALO BILLS message board.

Jon
    Are you just trying to start crap?

Lame duck coach? WTF? Do you even know what the term means? Usually its used to signify a coach that is in the last year of his contract with no extension in sight. It usually means that players don't respect him because his is likely gone after the season. This is Cameron's first season. BTW, your coach's record is nothing to brag about.

IMO, the Bills OL was worse than the Fins last season. You keep claiming that the Fins QB will have no protection, but the Bills GAVE UP MORE SACKS LAST SEASON. I provided a link to back up my opinion. You have just talked smack.

I love how the off-season moves by the Bill on the OL automatically make them better but the moves by the Fins make them worse. Do I need to remind you about Tuten Reyes? You should be concerned about your GM's ability to judge OL talent.

BTW:

2006 7-9-0
    2005 5-11-0
    2004 9-7-0
    2003 6-10-0
    2002 8-8-0
    2001 3-13-0
    2000 8-8-0

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Smack from a Bills fan. Too funny. The Fins were bad last season and so were the Bills. A Bills board is one of the few places that a Fins fan can talk smack.

Get back to me the next time the Bills have a decade that doesn't include more losing seasons than winning seasons. (Hint, it won't be this decade)
    Get at me once the Bills sweep the phins two straight seasons in a row.

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,672 Times in 3,403 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bling
    Buffalo's O-line is overrated, though Mudflap.
    How can it be overrated when all people are saying is that it should be improved with a couple free-agent additions? Saying it will be better is not a stretch of the immagination by any means.

Registered Fish
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloFever
    Typical Bills fan.

Football fan - "Hey you went 2-14 this year. Doesn't that suck?"

Bills fan - "No, its great. We beat the Fins twice."

BTW. The Fins beat the Fins in the second game in 2005. If you are going to talk smack, at least be accurate.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Both teams O-Lines have A LOT to prove. Neither have been too stellar over the lat few years.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Are you just trying to start crap?

Lame duck coach? WTF? Do you even know what the term means? Usually its used to signify a coach that is in the last year of his contract with no extension in sight. It usually means that players don't respect him because his is likely gone after the season. This is Cameron's first season. BTW, your coach's record is nothing to brag about.

IMO, the Bills OL was worse than the Fins last season. You keep claiming that the Fins QB will have no protection, but the Bills GAVE UP MORE SACKS LAST SEASON. I provided a link to back up my opinion. You have just talked smack.

I love how the off-season moves by the Bill on the OL automatically make them better but the moves by the Fins make them worse. Do I need to remind you about Tuten Reyes? You should be concerned about your GM's ability to judge OL talent.

BTW:

2006 7-9-0
    2005 5-11-0
    2004 9-7-0
    2003 6-10-0
    2002 8-8-0
    2001 3-13-0
    2000 8-8-0
    Yes, I'm the one starting crap, because I'm the one that went onto some other team's message board and starting calling out that team's fans and saying they don't know what they are talking about. Genius.

Call Cam Cameron whatever you want. I call him fired within three years, probably sooner. Where has he ever won as a head coach? You can talk smack about Jauron all you want, at least he's got a 13-3 season to hang his hat on.

I never said the Bills offensive line is great. They made some additions where we as fans are cautiously optimistic that they'll be improvements. Dockery was one of the more sought-after free agents. Peters is an up-and-coming LT by most accounts. What has Miami done? Who do they have that's worth bragging about up front?

Once again, you've just got your panties in a bunch because your team hasn't been relevant in the NFL in 20 years. Granted, Buffalo hasn't been tearing it up lately, but I like where they are headed. The whole point here is you (a fan of an NFL irrelevant) has no right to come talk smack and speak as if your word is gospel on another team's message board, when it's arguable that your team is significantly worse off. If I came onto the Dolphins' bath house message board and talked smack about how Buffalo is so superior to Miami in certain areas, I'd expect the same treatment. The only difference is your fans have alternative jerseys that are pink, so frankly we're not that intimidated about all that up here. Frankly, I have no interest in going to www.finbathhouse.com or whatever it's called, just like I don't know why you would have so much interest in coming over to the Billszone. I would think you'd have better things to do with your time, and certainly better things to do than be argumentative and offensive. But I guess that's what Dolphins' fans do, since it sure hasn't been attending the home games for all of these years.

See ya in January Chicken-of-the-Sea...

Jon

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloFever
    What are you talking about? The Bills haven't sweeped the Phins two years in a row, so why are you insulting your own team?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bling
    What are you talking about? The Bills haven't sweeped the Phins two years in a row, so why are you insulting your own team?
    Get yer heads out of the ham sandwiches down there in Miami. He's saying we're sweeping you again this year, which makes two years in a row!!!

Jon

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

By the way, isn't the best test of who has the better offensive line the head-to-head test? Last time I checked you guys really pushed us around last season, really showed us a thing or two. What was the score and the statline of that game in December?

Jon

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,672 Times in 3,403 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Give me an f'n break...

Jon
    I wouldn't take the debate back in history, Mudflap.....you'll lose. If you keep it in the here and now, the Bills are likely the better team.

Registered Fish
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yes, I'm the one starting crap, because I'm the one that went onto some other team's message board and starting calling out that team's fans and saying they don't know what they are talking about. Genius.
    Get a grip. I merely pointed out that the Fins OL gave up fewer sacks and led their top RB to a higher YPC average than the Bills OL last season. Those are facts. Just because you don't like them, doesn't make them untrue.

Call Cam Cameron whatever you want. I call him fired within three years, probably sooner. Where has he ever won as a head coach? You can talk smack about Jauron all you want, at least he's got a 13-3 season to hang his hat on.
    One 13-3 season to go with 6-10, 5-11, 4-12, and two 7-9 seasons. Impressive.

I never said the Bills offensive line is great. They made some additions where we as fans are cautiously optimistic that they'll be improvements. Dockery was one of the more sought-after free agents. Peters is an up-and-coming LT by most accounts. What has Miami done? Who do they have that's worth bragging about up front?
    I didn't same the Fins OL was great either. I said both have a lot to prove.

Once again, you've just got your panties in a bunch because your team hasn't been relevant in the NFL in 20 years. Granted, Buffalo hasn't been tearing it up lately, but I like where they are headed. The whole point here is you (a fan of an NFL irrelevant) has no right to come talk smack and speak as if your word is gospel on another team's message board, when it's arguable that your team is significantly worse off. If I came onto the Dolphins' bath house message board and talked smack about how Buffalo is so superior to Miami in certain areas, I'd expect the same treatment. The only difference is your fans have alternative jerseys that are pink, so frankly we're not that intimidated about all that up here. Frankly, I have no interest in going to www.finbathhouse.com or whatever it's called, just like I don't know why you would have so much interest in coming over to the Billszone. I would think you'd have better things to do with your time, and certainly better things to do than be argumentative and offensive. But I guess that's what Dolphins' fans do, since it sure hasn't been attending the home games for all of these years.

See ya in January Chicken-of-the-Sea...

Jon
    Complete jibberish. I'll just leave you to your fantasy land. What the hell does being relevant in the NFL mean? The Fins have been to the playoffs more recently than the Bills have.

Both the Fins and the Bills are likely to be golfing in January.

Registered Fish
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Get yer heads out of the ham sandwiches down there in Miami. He's saying we're sweeping you again this year, which makes two years in a row!!!

Jon
    Ummm. No.

He was clearly mistaken. Nice try though.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Their offensive line was better than the Bills OL last season. Fewer sacks, better YPC by the RBs. Glass houses, glass houses......
    Here is your original quote. If you're argument is Ronnie Brown is better than Willis McGahee, fine, I'll actually agree with that. But it's not. We got rid of the trash and brought in better players like Dockery, Peters at LT, Lynch instead of McGahee, etc. What has Miami done again? Vernon Carey and L.J. Shelton are your two stars? And you're talking smack?

How many times has Cam Cameron won 13 games in a season? How about 10? How about a winning record?

Miami not being relevant in 20 years is not important? It means your organization can't run a team better than an also ran. I would say that's cause for concern. Granted, you could say the same about the Bills. Buffalo has a lot to prove, but I like where they are heading, and at least they have a proven winner running the ship.

And we'll see who pushes who around when the teams meet this season. That should adquately settle the debate (yet again).

Jon

S.Jersey #1 fan of Daunte Culpeper where he may play
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Here is your original quote. If you're argument is Ronnie Brown is better than Willis McGahee, fine, I'll actually agree with that. But it's not. We got rid of the trash and brought in better players like Dockery, Peters at LT, Lynch instead of McGahee, etc. What has Miami done again? Vernon Carey and L.J. Shelton are your two stars? And you're talking smack?

How many times has Cam Cameron won 13 games in a season? How about 10? How about a winning record?

Miami not being relevant in 20 years is not important? It means your organization can't run a team better than an also ran. I would say that's cause for concern. Granted, you could say the same about the Bills. Buffalo has a lot to prove, but I like where they are heading, and at least they have a proven winner running the ship.

And we'll see who pushes who around when the teams meet this season. That should adquately settle the debate (yet again).

Jon
    What about Rex Hadnot and Samson Satele? I'm not trying to get into your argument here, but both lines appear to have moved some players around and added some players. At this point neither line has proven anything. All we can do is wait and see, a pissing match proves nothing.