Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronnie Brown not looking too good.

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,702 Times in 3,423 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Ronnie Brown not looking too good.

Quote Originally Posted by FinFaninBuffalo
    Ummm. No.

He was clearly mistaken. Nice try though.
    Oh, comon.....move it to the smack zone....both of you.

The truth is, the last time either team had back-to-back sweeps was 2000 and 2001 and guess who swept who? The 90's were ours, but that's as far as it goes. Miami was good then, too, but we were that much better. Right now, neither of our teams are very good, but the Bills look to have a better near future than Miami who is carried by their ageing defense. As for this season, the Fins are in a bit of flux, but if Green can stay healthy and distribute the ball getting good protection, they will be tough for us to beat with that defense. If Green can't get in a rhythm or if he goes down, it's going to be a long season for them and I wouldn't be surprised if we swept them again.

Registered Fish
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by duhbilz
    What about Rex Hadnot and Samson Satele? I'm not trying to get into your argument here, but both lines appear to have moved some players around and added some players. At this point neither line has proven anything. All we can do is wait and see, a pissing match proves nothing.
    Agreed.

Registered Fish
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mudflap1
    Here is your original quote. If you're argument is Ronnie Brown is better than Willis McGahee, fine, I'll actually agree with that. But it's not. We got rid of the trash and brought in better players like Dockery, Peters at LT, Lynch instead of McGahee, etc. What has Miami done again? Vernon Carey and L.J. Shelton are your two stars? And you're talking smack?

How many times has Cam Cameron won 13 games in a season? How about 10? How about a winning record?

Miami not being relevant in 20 years is not important? It means your organization can't run a team better than an also ran. I would say that's cause for concern. Granted, you could say the same about the Bills. Buffalo has a lot to prove, but I like where they are heading, and at least they have a proven winner running the ship.

And we'll see who pushes who around when the teams meet this season. That should adquately settle the debate (yet again).

Jon
    Wasn't this discussion about the performance of the OLs? I posted a link from an unbiased site that ranked the Fins OL ahead of the Bills last season. What have you done beside spout jibberish?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bling
    I heard the same thing this time last year. I think Miami can expect out of Ronnie what they've got the last two years. They can also expect the same O-line they've had the last two years. Whether you think Ronnie has sucked the last two years is your opinion. I personally think he's a great asset to the team. If he goes 16 straight games, he'll easily break 1250, probably 1300.
    I had him as one of my fantasy backs last year and he did nothing for me. I ended up droping him out right and no one even picked him up in my league.

For your sake I hope he looks better.
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
    - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
    -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
    - Mark Twain

Registered Fish
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by andyxc71
    Right now, neither of our teams are very good,
    Agreed.

but the Bills look to have a better near future than Miami
    I don't agree with this, but it certainly is debatable.

the Fins are in a bit of flux,
    definitely

but if Green can stay healthy and distribute the ball getting good protection, they will be tough for us to beat with that defense.
    agreed

If Green can't get in a rhythm or if he goes down, it's going to be a long season for them and I wouldn't be surprised if we swept them again.
    I agree. IMO, the two biggest factors that cause the Fins offense to struggle last season were the OC and the QB. Both will be different this year. That doesn't guarantee improvement, but Cameron has proven to be a better play caller than Mularkey. Green has proven to be a better QB than Harrington. I like the chances for the offense to improve. I think the defense will be good.

The Bills have the advantage of stability from last season.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FinFaninBuffalo
    Wasn't this discussion about the performance of the OLs? I posted a link from an unbiased site that ranked the Fins OL ahead of the Bills last season. What have you done beside spout jibberish?
    Who beat who last season? How many times? Oh that's right, you always seem to forget that part... funny how that is. Didn't your quarterback have as 0.0 QB rating during our second contest in January? Sounds like good offensive line play to me. I'm sure it's all Joey Hetherington's fault though...

Let's ask one question. Who on your offensive line is remotely close to the caliber of Jason Peters? How about Derrick Dockery? Vernon Carey? Monica Lewinksi? The vaunted line you are ballyhooing was overhauled with a bunch of nobodies this offseason.

That being said, the Bills have a lot to prove, but I don't think it's a reach at all to say their line is at least improved, and Miami's looks, well, pretty crappy on paper right now.

Problem is you are one of those cats who only likes to hear himself talk and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or says, whatever you believe is what you're going to believe.

Jon

S.Jersey #1 fan of Daunte Culpeper where he may play
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Let's ask one question. Who on your offensive line is remotely close to the caliber of Jason Peters? How about Derrick Dockery?

Jon

I hate to keep jumping in here, but you're trying to make it seem as though it's light years between Paters and Carey or Dockery and Hadnot or whomever the Dolphins play at G. The fact is neither team has a pro bowl caliber Oline right now, both lines made changes and both lines shuffled their lineup. I know both Peters and Carey could have been probowlers last year and weren't and neither Dockery or Hadnot made the probowl either, so I'm not sure what it is you're trying to prove with this argument. The only way either side can make a claim is when the games are played and the players settle this. Right now neither side has much on the other. Just let them play, like I said a pissing match proves nothing. I't one opinion versus another, that's all.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I hate to keep jumping in here, but you're trying to make it seem as though it's light years between Paters and Carey or Dockery and Hadnot or whomever the Dolphins play at G. The fact is neither team has a pro bowl caliber Oline right now, both lines made changes and both lines shuffled their lineup. I know both Peters and Carey could have been probowlers last year and weren't and neither Dockery or Hadnot made the probowl either, so I'm not sure what it is you're trying to prove with this argument. The only way either side can make a claim is when the games are played and the players settle this. Right now neither side has much on the other. Just let them play, like I said a pissing match proves nothing. I't one opinion versus another, that's all.
    Two comments here:

Peters and Dockery ARE light years ahead of Carey and Hadnot. Are you kidding??? Those guys are way better...

As for letting the teams play, good point, tell that to finfaninbuffalo, because last time I checked that opinion resolved itself last season in the two games played...

We'll see what happens this season. If I were Miami I wouldn't be too confident.

Jon

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Two comments here:

Peters and Dockery ARE light years ahead of Carey and Hadnot. Are you kidding??? Those guys are way better...

As for letting the teams play, good point, tell that to finfaninbuffalo, because last time I checked that opinion resolved itself last season in the two games played...

We'll see what happens this season. If I were Miami I wouldn't be too confident.

Jon
    Wow, I really don't see what you see. I disagree Peters is better then Carey, I think they're equally as good. As for Hadnot, he hasn't had the luxury of playing on a line like the one Dockery played for in Washington, so maybe Hadnot is every bit as good as Dockery and maybe he isn't. But there's nothing you can use to base a fair judgement on between the two of them at this point. As for last year, the Bills were better head to head against Miami, but that's as far as it goes, both teams had their problems. Besides this is a new year and I don't have a crytal ball so I'll just let them play the games before I make any statements about who made the better moves. But that's me.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bling
    The article on July 30 says

Don't shoot the messenger. It's only been what 5 days? I'm not calling him out, I'm reporting what I'm reading.
    i dont know where you´ve been but john beck is lighting it up the last 3 days

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Give me an f'n break...

What should be sad for you is that your team hasn't been relevant in the NFL since when? 1984, maybe 1986? And you're wasting your time on a BUFFALO BILLS message board being argumentative and insulting.

Don't play the holier-than-thou card. Your team sucks. Our team sucks too, but the difference is you have a lame duck coach who couldn't win in college and had a stacked team in San Diego, which is the only reason he was the Dolphins' choice (like, sixth choice) to be head coach. You also have a very weak offensive line that got weaker in the offseason as opposed to (likely) stronger for the Bills. That's all. Your defense is good, but aging. Your quarterback used to be good, but will probably come to die in South Florida since he's 37 years old and playing behind a crappy offensive line where you actually have a decent back, but won't be able to effectively establish the running game and he will be throwing for his life and have a heavy pass rush on him all season (due to a crappy offensive line).

But if you think your **** doesn't stink, go ahead and talk smack. We'll see where Miami is at in January. Until then, keep spending your days littering a BUFFALO BILLS message board.

Jon
    wow, calling Cam Cameron a lame duck coach, after he coached up drew brees to stardom and did the same thing with rivers, making LT what he is and finding gates of the basketball court to be the best TE in the game today is sure a sign of beeing a lame coach, what about dick jauron the guy who couldn´t do a damn in chicago

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Wow, I really don't see what you see. I disagree Peters is better then Carey, I think they're equally as good. As for Hadnot, he hasn't had the luxury of playing on a line like the one Dockery played for in Washington, so maybe Hadnot is every bit as good as Dockery and maybe he isn't. But there's nothing you can use to base a fair judgement on between the two of them at this point. As for last year, the Bills were better head to head against Miami, but that's as far as it goes, both teams had their problems. Besides this is a new year and I don't have a crytal ball so I'll just let them play the games before I make any statements about who made the better moves. But that's me.
    Go away, troll. But one thing before you go....who is your team, anyway?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Al13
    i dont know where you´ve been but john beck is lighting it up the last 3 days
    You must have some incredible eyesight being able to see him practice all the way from Berlin. I mean, that's where you've been, right?

Registered Fish
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Two comments here:

Based on what? Take the blue and red glasses off.

the EPITOMY of PATHETIC im4bflo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ronald Brown is a FISH, so he SUCKS!
    Just like his teamates, and fans.

Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment raphael120's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I dunno guys, as Bills fans we dont have too too much to brag about, but......Miami is really a mess. hahaha.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Go away, troll. But one thing before you go....who is your team, anyway?
    You don't like what I write, don't read it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You don't like what I write, don't read it.
    1) How will I know I don't like it if I don't read it?
    2) You didn't answer my question.
    3) Disregard the troll thing...it was not very nice of me.

Registered Fish
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Props to a reasonable Bills fan. I'd give a slight nod to Peters at this point because he played pretty well at LT last season. Carey played well also, but it was at RT. Hadnot has shown some signs but Dockery seems a bit more proven.

IMO, the Bill have huge questions at RG and RT. The center was good but not great last season.

Miami has their own share of question marks. I think the line will end up -
    Carey - Liwienski - Satele - Hadnot - Shelton

All have potential but all have something to prove.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

1) How will I know I don't like it if I don't read it?
    2) You didn't answer my question.
    3) Disregard the troll thing...it was not very nice of me.
    I try to be fair with what I write, not one sided. The troll thing is forgotten.