Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Ronnie Brown not looking too good.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Ronnie Brown not looking too good.

Quote Originally Posted by FinFaninBuffalo
    My bigger concern is depth and LT and C, but most teams have that problem.
    We don't.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,479 Times in 7,095 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I backed my opinion up with facts and an independent web site that provides an analysis of OL play. What did you support your opinion with?
    whats your opinion of mcnally and houck?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This is slightly off topic (but not much), but let's not ballyhoo Willis McGahee's statistics one way or another. While talented, the guy was an absolute underachieving, disinterested slug when he was here. He should not be the barometer by which an entire team should be judged.

Frankly, I'd say the same if he ran for 1200 yards and had a 4.2 YPC. But then, we may not have gotten rid of him in that case either.

Jon

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills gave up 26 sacks from week 9 to the end of the season. That's 2.9 per game. For the season they had 47 (2.9 per game). McGahee's YPC was not much different either. Perhaps you should do a little research before claiming that others don't know what they are talking about.
    I should have seen this coming.

I'm guessing JP's fumble numbers dropping, his passing % improving, and his YPA moving up couldn't have been attributed to having more time in the pocket?

That's why you have to watch the games.

Registered Fish
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE

I'm guessing JP's fumble numbers dropping, his passing % improving, and his YPA moving up couldn't have been attributed to having more time in the pocket?

Perhaps by then he had learned to better deal with playing behind a poor OL......

Registered Fish
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan
    whats your opinion of mcnally and houck?
    Both are highly regarded around the league. IMO, Houck has done a better job over the last two years, but it is very difficult to compare the two.

Registered Fish
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We don't.
    Right....

Registered Fish
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What facts? You're right, you should have seen it coming.

So the OL is responsible for JP's improved play???? Who is responsible for the continued high sack count and low YPC? JP?

Perhaps you should drink less when watching.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That's funny just one post ago you claimed that the Fins hadn't made any changes to the OL. Which do you really believe?

Unlimited potential????? Too funny.

You are returning 3 players on an OL that gave up 47 sacks last season. One of the players you added gave up 10.5 sacks all by himself last season.

Clearly you are drinking the koolaid.

That's funny just one post ago you claimed that the Fins hadn't made any changes to the OL. Which do you really believe?
    They didn't make any changes that are going to make them better, that's what I believe. You made changes that aren't going to help you at all. Funny how you nitpick for the sake of arguing, you know damn well what I meant and this is just a tribute to you being wrong.

Unlimited potential????? Too funny.
    Yeah, it's going to be even funnier when we run all over you this year.

You are returning 3 players on an OL that gave up 47 sacks last season. One of the players you added gave up 10.5 sacks all by himself last season.

Clearly you are drinking the koolaid.
    Really? Clearly you're reading straight off of NFL.com because I stumped you so good you had to google a response to try and counteract my thesis. Hilarious. Tell me FinFanInBuffalo, will you be back here eating crow when our OL clearly out performs Miami's this year? I'll be here. Plus, in response to your "sack stats", what happened is our OL rotation got screwed up midway through the season because Mike Gandy and Tutan Reyes (which who you clearly pointed out earlier was a "FO bust") under performed and they were benched! Hell, we switched our RT to LT midway through the season and we had a 7th round rookie starting at RT! Ofcourse they're going to give up sacks, they haven't had time to mature. While you can pull out as many bull**** stats as you want, atleast I actually know whats going on and why certain stats are what they are.

Take your time, google up some more stats for me smart guy, I'll be waiting. You got torn up worst than a hooker at a bachelors party. I'm not sure how many people have to ***** slap you before you will get it.

Registered Fish
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloFever
    They didn't make any changes that are going to make them better, that's what I believe. You made changes that aren't going to help you at all. Funny how you nitpick for the sake of arguing, you know damn well what I meant and this is just a tribute to you being wrong.
    ??? Now you're clarvoiyant???

Really? Clearly you're reading straight off of NFL.com because I stumped you so good you had to google a response to try and counteract my thesis. Hilarious.
    You "stumped me" into proving you wrong? I'm sure that somehow makes sense to you.

Plus, in response to your "sack stats", what happened is our OL rotation got screwed up midway through the season because Mike Gandy and Tutan Reyes (which who you clearly pointed out earlier was a "FO bust") under performed and they were benched! Hell, we switched our RT to LT midway through the season and we had a 7th round rookie starting at RT! Ofcourse they're going to give up sacks, they haven't had time to mature. While you can pull out as many bull**** stats as you want, atleast I actually know whats going on and why certain stats are what they are.
    Your "excuse" is that your OL sucked because the starters weren't good enough and there was no depth behind them. That somehow makes you feel better? WTF? Perhaps you should stop trying to defend your team.

Take your time, google up some more stats for me smart guy, I'll be waiting. You got torn up worst than a hooker at a bachelors party. I'm not sure how many people have to ***** slap you before you will get it.
    ?? Allrighty then.....

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Both are highly regarded around the league. IMO, Houck has done a better job over the last two years, but it is very difficult to compare the two.
    since you speak highly of both then why is it you doubt McNally's choice after he scouted Walker? MCnally pretty much said Walker did his job with the raiders pretty well. I guess it's a matter of credibility. You source Or a coach who's not far off compared to your OL couch. Shouldn't you give a proven OL coach the benefit of a doubt that he studied and knew what he was getting when he brought in Walker? After all he only knows how to create the best LT in the AFCE.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

??? Now you're clarvoiyant???

You "stumped me" into proving you wrong? I'm sure that somehow makes sense to you.

Your "excuse" is that your OL sucked because the starters weren't good enough and there was no depth behind them. That somehow makes you feel better? WTF? Perhaps you should stop trying to defend your team.

?? Allrighty then.....
    Now you're clarvoiyant???
    No, now I'm Tedy Bruschi. I'm not going to start my every statement with "my prediction is..", that is just ******ed. What I say is what I say. If you can't decipher opinions from facts then you shouldn't be on ANY message boards. It's not like in order to post you have to abide by the same rules that journalists do.

It's funny, that's how you know somebodies argument is dead, they have to use google before every response. Go dig up another ******ed stat and post it as your response, Einstein. You're a waste of time. If you actually watched last years games, why would you need to use google to dig up bullcrap statistics? Can't make up your mind on your own? Need a search engines help? Your so smart.

No jackass. I'm saying that Gandy and Reyes BLEW it last year, which in return affected our WHOLE offensive line. They work as a unit, one star player means nothing on an offensive line in which the other 4 starters blow. This is last years offensive line you're talking about. We're talking about THIS years offensive line. + Dockery and Walker. - Gandy and Reyes. This is how we got better you tool. You said we had a 50% success rate ( which in itself is a bullcrap statistic that is inaccurate and doesn't speak the whole truth.. ) but even with that success rate we would automatically be upgraded from LAST years OL. What part of this don't you understand? Is there anything inside of that thick cranium of yours? We got rid of the bad apples from last year and added fresh new upcoming veteran talent, how does this hurt us? Derr.

You're probably one of those tools that looked at Oakland's OL last year and because they gave up sacks and they didn't run effectively, you've dubbed every single player on that unit as a bad player. The fact of the matter is, you know NOTHING about Walker and you're speaking out of your ass. Go google up some more statistics so you can pretend to be smart.

Hell, I'm not even going to defend Dockery, there is no need to. You can't prove to me or anyone else here that he is a bad player, you've convinced NOBODY with your argument. What does that tell ya?

And let's bring this discussion to an end. Compare our current OL starters, to your current OL starters. Just highlight 'x' players name if you think their better than the other starter at their respective position. That way you can't change the subject anymore.

Registered Fish
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No, now I'm Tedy Bruschi. I'm not going to start my every statement with "my prediction is..", that is just ******ed. What I say is what I say. If you can't decipher opinions from facts then you shouldn't be on ANY message boards. It's not like in order to post you have to abide by the same rules that journalists do.

It's funny, that's how you know somebodies argument is dead, they have to use google before every response. Go dig up another ******ed stat and post it as your response, Einstein. You're a waste of time. If you actually watched last years games, why would you need to use google to dig up bullcrap statistics? Can't make up your mind on your own? Need a search engines help? Your so smart.
    I see your approach..... ignore facts, put on homer glasses, drink the koolaid, and spout nonsense on message boards. Well, you're right on track.

No jackass. I'm saying that Gandy and Reyes BLEW it last year, which in return affected our WHOLE offensive line. They work as a unit, one star player means nothing on an offensive line in which the other 4 starters blow. This is last years offensive line you're talking about. We're talking about THIS years offensive line. + Dockery and Walker. - Gandy and Reyes. This is how we got better you tool. You said we had a 50% success rate ( which in itself is a bullcrap statistic that is inaccurate and doesn't speak the whole truth.. ) but even with that success rate we would automatically be upgraded from LAST years OL. What part of this don't you understand? Is there anything inside of that thick cranium of yours? We got rid of the bad apples from last year and added fresh new upcoming veteran talent, how does this hurt us? Derr.

Where did I ever say that the Bill didn't get better on the OL this year? I've already stated that I think they will be a little better than the Fins OL. The argument was over who had the better line LAST SEASON. Please try to keep up.......

Regarding the 50% success rate - I'll try to go slowly for you. The Buffalo Bills front office brought in two free agent offensive linemen last season (Fowler and Reyes) and two free agent offensive linemen this season (Dockery and Walker). Are you with me so far? You want to assume that both Dockery and Walker will be upgrades over the players that you had last season. Still with me? I merely showed that you cannot assume that because only 1 of the 2 free agents from last season were successful. That is a 50% success rate. If you still are having trouble understanding logic, go ask your mommy.

You're probably one of those tools that looked at Oakland's OL last year and because they gave up sacks and they didn't run effectively, you've dubbed every single player on that unit as a bad player. The fact of the matter is, you know NOTHING about Walker and you're speaking out of your ass. Go google up some more statistics so you can pretend to be smart.

No, clearly they are all allpro players. Every one. Good selection by the Bills. He'll be playing right along side Reyes.....

You seem to have a real hangup over people seeming smart. You should understand there is a difference between intelligent and informed. I happen to be both. You, I'm not sure about.....

Hell, I'm not even going to defend Dockery, there is no need to. You can't prove to me or anyone else here that he is a bad player, you've convinced NOBODY with your argument. What does that tell ya?

And let's bring this discussion to an end. Compare our current OL starters, to your current OL starters. Just highlight 'x' players name if you think their better than the other starter at their respective position. That way you can't change the subject anymore.
    Carey < Peters
    Mormino < Dockery
    Satele = Fowler
    Hadnot > Preston
    Shelton or Alabi > Walker

Looks like a tie to me, but I give the Bills the edge because so many Dolphin players are in new positions and they are learning a new offensive system.

I think the Fins have better depth so injuries can change things quickly. Also, if the Fins end up with Pete Kendel, he is = to Dockery and then the Fins have the better OL, so stay tuned.

Registered Fish
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan
    since you speak highly of both then why is it you doubt McNally's choice after he scouted Walker? MCnally pretty much said Walker did his job with the raiders pretty well. I guess it's a matter of credibility. You source Or a coach who's not far off compared to your OL couch. Shouldn't you give a proven OL coach the benefit of a doubt that he studied and knew what he was getting when he brought in Walker? After all he only knows how to create the best LT in the AFCE.
    Do you give Houck the same benefit of the doubt? If so, Carey will be the equal of Peters, Alabi will be a star, Satele and Mormino are quality starters, and Hadnot is all set at RG.

As to McNally's expertise in scouting the OL, I offer the following things to think about:

1. Tuten Reyes
    2. Mike Gandy
    3. Lawrence Smith
    4. Dylan McFarland
    5. Greg Jerman
    6. McNally isn't the GM
    7. You can only choose from the FAs that are available
    8. They've been bad every year he has been with the Bills

Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,210 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Carey < Peters
    Mormino < Dockery
    Satele = Fowler
    Hadnot > Preston
    Shelton or Alabi > Walker
    Aren't they moving Mormino to RG? I thought I read that somewhere.

Satele has good potential, but you can't automatically equate him with a veteran without him ever have taken a snap in a real NFL game. And as a rookie, he's likely to make mistakes anyway. He still has to be rated < Fowler.

Shelton better than Walker??? I know Shelton is not starting for you now, but still, Shelton is a loser. And Alabi missed all of the minicamps from the Fins this summer and just recently hurt his knee this past Monday. At worst, we are equal in this position also - though I still would give Walker a slight edge if only b'cse he is a huge guy (366 lbs) but not fat at that size. So nobody is going to be bulldozing and moving him around. A DE's only chance will be to run around him, but he's got quick feet for a man his size and I think he may give Ends some trouble...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bling
    What I'm hearing is that John Beck looks like crap. Throwing INTs left and right.
    From what i have read over at FH, Beck is the next coming of Marino.

Registered Fish
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Aren't they moving Mormino to RG? I thought I read that somewhere.

Satele has good potential, but you can't automatically equate him with a veteran without him ever have taken a snap in a real NFL game. And as a rookie, he's likely to make mistakes anyway. He still has to be rated < Fowler.

Shelton better than Walker??? I know Shelton is not starting for you now, but still, Shelton is a loser. And Alabi missed all of the minicamps from the Fins this summer and just recently hurt his knee this past Monday. At worst, we are equal in this position also - though I still would give Walker a slight edge if only b'cse he is a huge guy (366 lbs) but not fat at that size. So nobody is going to be bulldozing and moving him around. A DE's only chance will be to run around him, but he's got quick feet for a man his size and I think he may give Ends some trouble...
    The current lineup is Carey - Mormino - Satele - Hadnot - Alabi

Fowler is just okay at center. The reports from camp have been extremely good on Satele. They like him enough to move Hadnot to guard. Hadnot played as well as Fowler last season.

Shelton played really well at RG last season. Langston Walker was unbelievably bad last season. He is credited with allowing 10.5 sacks. Clearly DEs are finding a way to the QB. The Bills had another huge RT two years ago. He was even more highly regarded than Walker. How'd that work out?

Anyway you look at it, the OLs are not that different from one another. Both have had changes and neither was very good last season.

Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,210 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The current lineup is Carey - Mormino - Satele - Hadnot - Alabi

Fowler is just okay at center. The reports from camp have been extremely good on Satele. They like him enough to move Hadnot to guard. Hadnot played as well as Fowler last season.

Shelton played really well at RG last season. Langston Walker was unbelievably bad last season. He is credited with allowing 10.5 sacks. Clearly DEs are finding a way to the QB. The Bills had another huge RT two years ago. He was even more highly regarded than Walker. How'd that work out?

Anyway you look at it, the OLs are not that different from one another. Both have had changes and neither was very good last season.
    Perhaps, but here's a few differences between us...our left side will be much more dominant than your left side. That alone makes our Oline better than yours!!! Period!!!

And you may consider Walker bad in terms of the sacks he gave up last year, but in run blocking, he has and will excel!!!

Oh, and Shelton was not going to play RG this season. He was going to be moved back to Tackle where he sucked, and is sucking so much at his current weight that he was demoted to 2nd string. I wouldn't sound so proud of having this journeyman on your roster who teams kept dumping b'cse he's no good...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Do you give Houck the same benefit of the doubt? If so, Carey will be the equal of Peters, Alabi will be a star, Satele and Mormino are quality starters, and Hadnot is all set at RG.

As to McNally's expertise in scouting the OL, I offer the following things to think about:

1. Tuten Reyes
    2. Mike Gandy
    3. Lawrence Smith
    4. Dylan McFarland
    5. Greg Jerman
    6. McNally isn't the GM
    7. You can only choose from the FAs that are available
    8. They've been bad every year he has been with the Bills

What I think of Houck does not matter. You can't give props to the guy and then turn around and say he made a mistake by bringing in Walker . Just so you know McNally has said that 10.5 sacks were not his fault. Care to disagree?

Other than Reyes, those were garbage handed to him by TD and expected to turn into gold. Your OL has been horrible since Houck has been there too.

Funny how you intentionally left out Bennie Anderson because Houck hired him after he became McNAlly's garbage.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-10-2007 at 10:11 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If i had to pick, i would say that Buffalo has upgraded their Oline better than the Fins. Now, i also think that the guys you got were overpaid, but they will work out in your system.