• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

Re: Ronnie Brown not looking too good.

I dunno guys, as Bills fans we dont have too too much to brag about, but......Miami is really a mess. hahaha.

Comment

• duhbilz
      S.Jersey #1 fan of Daunte Culpeper where he may play
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by andyxc71
      Go away, troll. But one thing before you go....who is your team, anyway?
      You don't like what I write, don't read it.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by duhbilz
        You don't like what I write, don't read it.
        1) How will I know I don't like it if I don't read it?
        2) You didn't answer my question.
        3) Disregard the troll thing...it was not very nice of me.

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
          Registered Fish
          • Aug 2006

Wow, I really don't see what you see. I disagree Peters is better then Carey, I think they're equally as good. As for Hadnot, he hasn't had the luxury of playing on a line like the one Dockery played for in Washington, so maybe Hadnot is every bit as good as Dockery and maybe he isn't. But there's nothing you can use to base a fair judgement on between the two of them at this point. As for last year, the Bills were better head to head against Miami, but that's as far as it goes, both teams had their problems. Besides this is a new year and I don't have a crytal ball so I'll just let them play the games before I make any statements about who made the better moves. But that's me.
          Props to a reasonable Bills fan. I'd give a slight nod to Peters at this point because he played pretty well at LT last season. Carey played well also, but it was at RT. Hadnot has shown some signs but Dockery seems a bit more proven.

IMO, the Bill have huge questions at RG and RT. The center was good but not great last season.

Miami has their own share of question marks. I think the line will end up -
          Carey - Liwienski - Satele - Hadnot - Shelton

All have potential but all have something to prove.

Comment

• duhbilz
            • Jul 2007

1) How will I know I don't like it if I don't read it?
            2) You didn't answer my question.
            3) Disregard the troll thing...it was not very nice of me.
            I try to be fair with what I write, not one sided. The troll thing is forgotten.

Comment

• Mudflap1
              Next Question!
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by FinFaninBuffalo
              Props to a reasonable Bills fan. I'd give a slight nod to Peters at this point because he played pretty well at LT last season. Carey played well also, but it was at RT.
              Oh really????? How many sacks did Carey give up to RYAN DENNEY last year in the first Bills-Dolphins game? And Denney only plays about 50% of the snaps!!!

P.S. I believe the number of sacks was THREE. That's RYAN DENNEY - three sacks in one game. Yeah, Carey's in the same league as Jason Peters, uh huh, sure...

Jon

Comment

• Al13
                • Apr 2003

You must have some incredible eyesight being able to see him practice all the way from Berlin. I mean, that's where you've been, right?

thats where i am but i can read and all camp reports from fellow dolphin fans and the media cant be wrong i guess if they all say the same

Comment

• mysticsoto
                  Too sober for this...
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                  Oh really????? How many sacks did Carey give up to RYAN DENNEY last year in the first Bills-Dolphins game? And Denney only plays about 50% of the snaps!!!

P.S. I believe the number of sacks was THREE. That's RYAN DENNEY - three sacks in one game. Yeah, Carey's in the same league as Jason Peters, uh huh, sure...

Jon
                  I have to agree with Mudflap here...it is ridiculous to think anyone on the Fins Oline can be compared to Peters. Everyone in the league is starting to take notice of Peters. When you start reading articles talking about Peters from non-Buffalo sources, you know people are impressed with his play. Where have there been any articles talking about Miami's Oline (outside of Miami's sportswriters complaining). I think the Fin fans here are vastly underestimating the changes that our Oline has done to improve itself. We will easily know once the season starts. If the TEs don't have to be held in anymore to help, the improvements will have succeeded, and a whole new higher powered offense should emerge...

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    I have to agree with Mudflap here...it is ridiculous to think anyone on the Fins Oline can be compared to Peters. Everyone in the league is starting to take notice of Peters. When you start reading articles talking about Peters from non-Buffalo sources, you know people are impressed with his play. Where have there been any articles talking about Miami's Oline (outside of Miami's sportswriters complaining). I think the Fin fans here are vastly underestimating the changes that our Oline has done to improve itself. We will easily know once the season starts. If the TEs don't have to be held in anymore to help, the improvements will have succeeded, and a whole new higher powered offense should emerge...
                    As Bills fans did for so many years in pre-season, underestimating the value of a good o-line is about the biggest mistake you can make. Miami fans are in denial like we have been in years past.

I can't tell you for sure how Ronnie, Ginn, or Beck will play but I can gurantee that their O-line will be horrible.

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
                      Registered Fish
                      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Vernon Carey also received plenty of national recognition last season.

Fin fans are underestimating the impact of Langston Walker? Good luck with that.

The fact is that (despite a bad start) the Fins OL out performed the Bills OL last season. The numbers prove it. Outside sources back it up. BTW, Jason Peters played on that line. They gave up more sacks than the Fins despite attempting significantly fewer passes.

Neither team had a good OL last season. Both teams are attempting to improve. We will see which was more successful.

Comment

• duhbilz
                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                        As Bills fans did for so many years in pre-season, underestimating the value of a good o-line is about the biggest mistake you can make. Miami fans are in denial like we have been in years past.

I can't tell you for sure how Ronnie, Ginn, or Beck will play but I can gurantee that their O-line will be horrible.
                        I'm not sure where you see a big difference in the two lines at this point. If the Bills had been in the top 15, then added Dockery I would agree Buffalo would project to be better, but that's not the case. I think there's just to much unknown about the two lines right now to say for sure ones better then the other.

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
                          Registered Fish
                          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

Fin fans don't underestimate the value of a good OL. Bills fans overestimate the impact of their yearly changes to the OL. Every year we hear that "this year we made changes that will give us a great OL". Every year. Last season if was Fowler and Reyes. Bills fans were convinced that the front office had solved the problem. Well ....... Before that it was Chris Villarrial. Before that it was Trey Teague and Mike Gandy. And on and on and on.

This year it is Dockery and Walker. Why not just let them play? The Bills OL is bad until it proves otherwise. That is all I'm saying.

Miami's OL was solid in 2002, 2003, and 2005. In 2006, they started slow but were decent after that. My big complaint is that the OL gets shuffled every year despite looking decent the year before. The OL hasn't been able to develop as a unit. They have a solid group of players that need time to gel as a unit. Hopefully this year starts that process.

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
                            Registered Fish
                            • Aug 2006

I'm not sure where you see a big difference in the two lines at this point. If the Bills had been in the top 15, then added Dockery I would agree Buffalo would project to be better, but that's not the case. I think there's just to much unknown about the two lines right now to say for sure ones better then the other.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Unfortunately, you haven't read the detailed posts that I've made on this subject addressing both lines specifically. I will try to find them and post it here shortly. Your post is uninformed.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                                Too sober for this...
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by FinFaninBuffalo
                                Vernon Carey also received plenty of national recognition last season.

Fin fans are underestimating the impact of Langston Walker? Good luck with that.

The fact is that (despite a bad start) the Fins OL out performed the Bills OL last season. The numbers prove it. Outside sources back it up. BTW, Jason Peters played on that line. They gave up more sacks than the Fins despite attempting significantly fewer passes.

Neither team had a good OL last season. Both teams are attempting to improve. We will see which was more successful.
                                Sometimes stats don't tell the whole story. We had a significant amt of sacks last year early in the season. After our bye week in mid year, significant changes were made and afterward, the sack average dropped quite a bit. Unfortunately, the total numbers are skewed on the 1st half of the season.

However, does that really matter? The Bills have made significant changes such that more than half the line might be new starters (RG is still up in the air on who will win that position). The left side was already pretty strong and with Dockery there, it has gotten that much stronger! Langston Walker may not scare you, but he's got more experience than Pennington did who was a rookie last year trying to quickly adjust to the NFL game - so he's still a step up - not to mention that he will be an ummovable mountain and your only chance is to run around him b'cse running through him is not an option! Lastly, we have more experienced depth than we did last year with all the rookies we had on the team. I wouldn't write our new Oline off as casually as you have done. The FO has given them a great deal of attention (unlike in Miami) and I think the results will show this year.

Oh, and having a giant like Walker play on STs also as a kick/punt blocker isn't a bad bonus to have either!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X