Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My thought on Lynch

Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE patmoran2006's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

My thought on Lynch

I'm in my mid-30's, and whether it was as a fan or to do some kind of story, I've been to a lot of Bills training camps.

I have to say, during that time there is only a very small handful of players that I liked more than what I've seen from Lynch right now-- and absolutely NONE of them as a rookie. Not Thurm, not Moulds, not Bennett--- nobody.

I was doing my own little campaigning on here last spring for the bills to take Lynch with their first pick, but even I admit I didn't know how sharp this kid is on the field.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a RB, certainly not one in a Bills uniform who can cut as hard as he does without losing any of his speed. I was originally comparing him to a Stephen Jackson type because of his makeup and size, but this guy not only runs big he's fast and shifty as hell.

It was without pads, but I swear he put a step in the hole on I think Angelo Crowell that if it was a live game woulda made him break his ankle he "juked" him so bad.

His hands are solid as well. He's the best Bills rookie I've certainly seen in well over a decade.

Potentially the Bills find themselves in the very near future with the best RB and WR in the conference. There is absolutely no excuse for Losman now. I think Lynch is going to make ALL of the skilled players around him better. This guy is even sicker than I thought.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 485 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: My thought on Lynch

I'm really excited to see what this kid will do for us - I can't wait to see him play. He's going to be our next Thurmal.

I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats. BlackMetalNinja's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Bomber
    I'm really excited to see what this kid will do for us - I can't wait to see him play. He's going to be our next Thurmal.
    Ditto!

Thanks for the report Pat... Lynch is the biggest reason I'm so excited for this season to start!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

we are currently doing our fantasy draft.. and it is killing me.. because it is a points per receptoin league.. and my first pick was henry (9th overall in a 12 team league).. second pick was thomas jones..

now i know that no one SHOULD have lynch on their radar in the 3rd round.. but i am so tempted to take him.. i will probalby go with a top WR, which may end up being evans.. but i want to make sure i get lynch on my roster.. no matter what..

i love everything i have seen from this kid.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE patmoran2006's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

IF you get to carry players over into the next season I would draft Lynch early, he's going to be ridiculous in the coming years.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I've been seeing Lynch go in the 4th round, but in a PPR league I can definitely see third.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,210 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by patmoran2006
    I'm in my mid-30's, and whether it was as a fan or to do some kind of story, I've been to a lot of Bills training camps.

I have to say, during that time there is only a very small handful of players that I liked more than what I've seen from Lynch right now-- and absolutely NONE of them as a rookie. Not Thurm, not Moulds, not Bennett--- nobody.

I was doing my own little campaigning on here last spring for the bills to take Lynch with their first pick, but even I admit I didn't know how sharp this kid is on the field.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a RB, certainly not one in a Bills uniform who can cut as hard as he does without losing any of his speed. I was originally comparing him to a Stephen Jackson type because of his makeup and size, but this guy not only runs big he's fast and shifty as hell.

It was without pads, but I swear he put a step in the hole on I think Angelo Crowell that if it was a live game woulda made him break his ankle he "juked" him so bad.

His hands are solid as well. He's the best Bills rookie I've certainly seen in well over a decade.

Potentially the Bills find themselves in the very near future with the best RB and WR in the conference. There is absolutely no excuse for Losman now. I think Lynch is going to make ALL of the skilled players around him better. This guy is even sicker than I thought.
    I think it was Jabari Greer actually...who is pretty fast on his own.

But I agree, Lynch has looked really good, has a great attitude, is big and strong and shifty and alot of people are going to fall in love with him once he starts playing and putting up numbers!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    I think it was Jabari Greer actually...who is pretty fast on his own.

But I agree, Lynch has looked really good, has a great attitude, is big and strong and shifty and alot of people are going to fall in love with him once he starts playing and putting up numbers!!!
    You might be thinking of when Greer laid a nice hit on him and he didn't even lose balance. He just shook it off and kept on running.

Hopefully Lynch and Wright are going to be nasty for years to come. They remind me of the offensive version of Dante and Ko.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Did you take your medicine today Pat?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Philagape
    I've been seeing Lynch go in the 4th round, but in a PPR league I can definitely see third.
    i think i am going with wr in the 3rd and take a chance that no one in my league really knows much about lynch yet.. with 2 rbs.. i just cant justify taking him yet.. but it is a keeper league.. so i want him bad.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i think the important thing though is that i select him before the game tomorrow night.. because i think he puts up 75 yards on 10 carries and then everyone in my league will be on his nut sac

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by patmoran2006

great post Pat, can you imagine what Lynch's ability to catch passes will do for JP and God if the kid can pass block for JP then the sky is the limit and we will be very dangerous, our defense might be our achilles heel but we will have the offensive firepower to stay in almost any game.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

jp, lynch, and evans...

sweet.

Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment raphael120's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ok...so...we know Evans is a superstar...it's looking like Lynch is going to be bad ass. JP....don't screw this up for us!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The comments from our own D and Dockery are pretty impressive!!

Camp is camp, but even Reggie Bush struggled in camp. The fact that Lynch looks this good, this early, is at worst very encouraging.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,923 Times in 3,551 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We will all see for the first time tomorrow night...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE
    The comments from our own D and Dockery are pretty impressive!!

Camp is camp, but even Reggie Bush struggled in camp. The fact that Lynch looks this good, this early, is at worst very encouraging.
    Reggie Bush struggled throughout the season as a runner, not just in camp. I expect Marshawn to be a better pure runner than Bush was last season.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

As long as he stays healthy, he's ROY, no doubt.

Roways rooking ahread! Mitchy moo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cocamide

S.Jersey #1 fan of Daunte Culpeper where he may play
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cocamide
    What about Johnson in Detroit or Peterson in Minn, Gonzalez in Indy?