Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It is time to add a VET on the DLine!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It is time to add a VET on the DLine!!

I would not be writing this, but in the wake of Hargroves ignorance, i do believe it is time to start lookin at who is available on the DLine, someone who could at least bring us some leadership and depth, not asking to break the bank, just bring someone in someone so that Hargrove can be released and maybe so we dont have to have Powell or Anderson on the 53 man roster anymore, plus we have the salary cap to add anyone we want!

Corey Simon DT
    Simeon Rice DE
    Grant Wistrom DE
    Jason Fisk DT
    Willie Blade DT
    Seth Payne DT
    Tyoka Jackson DE
    Dan Wilkonson DT
    Tank Johnson DT after his 4 game suspension but i doubt it
    Courtney Brown DE
    Jonathan Sullivan DT
    ED Jasper DT

These are the most notable players still lookin for jobs, plus u still have the first roster cuts, and also we do have extra picks in the 5th and 7th i would throw around to get a depth player, but i am sorry, after watching Anderson do nothing at all again, and Hargrove bein an *******, i think it is time we bring in a vet who can provide solid depth in a pinch
    anythoughts?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 853 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: It is time to add a VET on the DLine!!

id be all for simeon rice on a 1 year deal tank johnson with major stipulations and a low end 1 year contract flyer on simon would be ok.

BUT JUST 1 of the 3

Thanks
    Thanked 26,395 Times in 13,783 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There's no point in going after Tank- his suspension is actually 8 games.

There really isn't too much quality in that group any more- but we'll end up picking up one of them because of the lack of other options.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Not developing talent is what makes defenses get old. Bills need to develop talent not get another bandaid.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,395 Times in 13,783 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by G. Host
    Not developing talent is what makes defenses get old. Bills need to develop talent not get another bandaid.
    one problem: the season starts in a month. It takes just a little longer than that to develop talent.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Problem is we have been developin Dlineman and they are not panning out, Powell, Anderson, Jefferson, Ryan Neil, are all bums, i agree with developin them but if the guys u r currently developin cant hold ur jock strap it is time to get a stop gap until next year when they can draft and sign some other players, our current Dline depth is awful, hence i i think a temporary solution is better than no solution at all

Everything I post is sexual inuendo ddaryl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We definetly need to get better on the DL.

We're going to need a DE to replace Hargrove, and I would really like an upgrade inserted into our DT rotation.

clumping platelets

Grant Winstrom is retired cuz of his knees

none of those guys impress me much..........

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Nice list of guys who were good but are now all but finished in the NFL. If we were playing Madden 2005 then you'd have something.

PTR
    10 Commandments of the D
    1. Never stop Rocking.
    2. Legalize all drugs.
    3. Quit your day job.
    4. All Religion should be taxed.
    5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
    6. F**k her gently.
    7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
    8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
    9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
    10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This is why you don't draft safeties when good d-tackles fall into your lap. The Bills haven't fiqured that out yet.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think this the part where I say "I told you so."

The DL was an issue 6 months ago and now we are in panic mode. Let's give Marv another "high Five" for getting a 5th rounder next year, for a player that we needed this year.

Does anybody see how ridiculous this is? We had the best available Defensive Lineman under contract. All we had to do was sign him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

U cant really say we didnt address Dline, We Overpaid for Kelsay and Denney, We tried to trade for a DT who got way overpaid, and we did draft a DT in the 1st round last year that so far looks like a bust, as well as 5th round gem in Kyle williams, we also traded for a DE last year as well for depth, and this year we took CJ Ah you, so it is not like we havent tried, it just seems like nothing is panning out for us at the moment, we need McCargo to be a player bad now that scares me

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You had Ngata sitting there and they took a safety.

Wys Guy

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE
    I think this the part where I say "I told you so."

The DL was an issue 6 months ago and now we are in panic mode. Let's give Marv another "high Five" for getting a 5th rounder next year, for a player that we needed this year.

Does anybody see how ridiculous this is? We had the best available Defensive Lineman under contract. All we had to do was sign him.
    Exactly right. This FO/new regime has brought in more players at DT than at any other position since they've been here and the result appears to be complete whiffs all around.

This isn't a game of "sixth time could be the charm." It's the NFL. But hey, let's give Marv & Jauron, the Ivy League Dynamic Duo a few more years as the benefit of the doubt, eh.

We all know, for those of us that are intellectually honest, exactly what the problem(s) are. We can all express our opinion on it, or just sit around and watch as fewer and fewer people in the Buffalo region even care from season to season.

McCargo: 2 draft picks in a trade-up; Seeming major whiff, predictably
    Williams: 5th round; nothing special
    Anderson; leftover
    Tripplett; biggest waste of money this team has ever seen as a veteran DT signed to more than vet min
    D. Walker: Gave the organization a black eye for refusing to play on this team; ILDD didn't do their homework on that one

But there's always Jason Jefferson, ... boy howdy. LOL

Time for some people that know how to run a football team and who know what fundamental football is, what it's predicated on, and what talent is. That means a new personnel office, new GM, new Head Coach, new OL coach, and perhaps even a new DL coach.

That's many of our takes. Then there's the fan segment that seem to want another few seasons of this as they watch whatever residue of this team is left on the carpet get stomped out of sight into the fibers.

LOL

That's all you can do anymore with this team, is laugh, ... just sit back and laugh at the folly and watch other teams and college ball.

Wys Guy

BTW, a bunch of well past prime and injury retreads aren't the answers here.

Match the words from those making the decisions to the actual results, and that's the problem.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Wys Guy
    Exactly right. This FO/new regime has brought in more players at DT than at any other position since they've been here and the result appears to be complete whiffs all around.

This isn't a game of "sixth time could be the charm." It's the NFL. But hey, let's give Marv & Jauron, the Ivy League Dynamic Duo a few more years as the benefit of the doubt, eh.

We all know, for those of us that are intellectually honest, exactly what the problem(s) are. We can all express our opinion on it, or just sit around and watch as fewer and fewer people in the Buffalo region even care from season to season.

McCargo: 2 draft picks in a trade-up; Seeming major whiff, predictably
    Williams: 5th round; nothing special
    Anderson; leftover
    Tripplett; biggest waste of money this team has ever seen as a veteran DT signed to more than vet min
    D. Walker: Gave the organization a black eye for refusing to play on this team; ILDD didn't do their homework on that one

But there's always Jason Jefferson, ... boy howdy. LOL

Time for some people that know how to run a football team and who know what fundamental football is, what it's predicated on, and what talent is. That means a new personnel office, new GM, new Head Coach, new OL coach, and perhaps even a new DL coach.

That's many of our takes. Then there's the fan segment that seem to want another few seasons of this as they watch whatever residue of this team is left on the carpet get stomped out of sight into the fibers.

LOL

That's all you can do anymore with this team, is laugh, ... just sit back and laugh at the folly and watch other teams and college ball.

You can't blame Marv and Jauron for all of this. They inherited a team that sucked and are basically rebuilding it.

So we disagree here.

However, I do wan't to know how Walker leaves here without getting signed. Especially when his contract in Chicago was more than reasonable.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Wys Guy
    I'm not going to count Walker against the Bills. They may have truly thought they could get a contract done with the guy but the negotiations didn't work out - that stuff happens.

Factually, though about the DT's you are incorrect. The number of DTs brought in by ML is pretty similar to that of other positions. Anderson and Jefferson were hold overs from TD. Draft picks take time to mature. We won't know until mid-2008 what draftees from last year can actually do.

DTs brought in by ML:
    McCargo
    Williams
    Tripplett

Ss:
    Whitner
    Simpson
    Wendling

TE:
    Royal
    Shooman
    Murphy

RB:
    Lynch
    Wright
    Thomas
    Jackson
    Scooby

Ts:
    Walker
    Pennington

Gs:
    Dockery
    Merz
    Whittle
    Butler

WRs:
    Davis
    Price

QBs:
    Nall
    Edwards

LBs:
    Poz
    Ellison
    DiGregorio

Teams only get so many draft picks and GMs under RW only get so much money to deal with. TD left a mountain of problems here when he was fired. I don't think there is an executive out there, even Bill Polian, who could have addressed the mess left by TD as quickly as some people want.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You can't blame Marv and Jauron for all of this. They inherited a team that sucked and are basically rebuilding it.

So we disagree here.

However, I do wan't to know how Walker leaves here without getting signed. Especially when his contract in Chicago was more than reasonable.
    would you take less money to sign with the Bears who went to the SB last year and may be even better this year or with the Bills who could take two more years to make the playoffs?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So we disagree here.

would you take less money to sign with the Bears who went to the SB last year and may be even better this year or with the Bills who could take two more years to make the playoffs?

Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Add Gerard Warren to that list. On trading block according to ESPNEWS