Thread: Is Poz first team yet?

Thanks
    Thanked 26,391 Times in 13,781 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Is Poz first team yet?

He played well in the first pre-season game, but it was mostly against scubs. I'm curious to see if:

a) Poz looks as good playing against starters and
    b) if our first team D looks any better with Poz on the field than they did with DiGiorgio (I don't really think DiGiorgio was the problem with the D last week, but every little bit helps).

I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats. BlackMetalNinja's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Is Poz first team yet?

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    He played well in the first pre-season game, but it was mostly against scubs. I'm curious to see if:

a) Poz looks as good playing against starters and
    b) if our first team D looks any better with Poz on the field than they did with DiGiorgio (I don't really think DiGiorgio was the problem with the D last week, but every little bit helps).
    Good question... I think I'd like to see him go out there with the starters and see how he fairs as well. DiGiorgio didn't impress me one way or the other either, but I would like to know if Poz is capable of handling himself out there with and against the starting unit.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

After how he performed against the "scrubs," it's time for him to get his feet wet against real competition. Poz should play with the first team tomorrow.

IMO

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMetalNinja
    Good question... I think I'd like to see him go out there with the starters and see how he fairs as well. DiGiorgio didn't impress me one way or the other either, but I would like to know if Poz is capable of handling himself out there with and against the starting unit.
    DiGiorgio "impressed" me last week but it's a matter of perspective- he was neither good nor bad, but my expectations were very low and he exceeded them. However I still think we can do better at the position and that's where Poz comes in.

Dude's Little Ignorant Crony RockStar36's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

DiGiorgio "impressed" me last week but it's a matter of perspective- he was neither good nor bad, but my expectations were very low and he exceeded them. However I still think we can do better at the position and that's where Poz comes in.
    Maybe I was way more drunk than I thought I was. I was not impressed with DiGiorgio at all. I can't wait to see Poz play with the first string. He is going to be the starter anyways so I don't see why they are even playing around with this. Just get it over with.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Low expectations Op??? Shocking! I agree with you that I think Poz can be a step up though... I'm just not willing to throw the title to him without some proof first. In my opinion there is a reason he's 2nd string at the moment in the coach's minds.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by RockStar36
    Maybe I was way more drunk than I thought I was. I was not impressed with DiGiorgio at all. I can't wait to see Poz play with the first string. He is going to be the starter anyways so I don't see why they are even playing around with this. Just get it over with.
    I think DiG missed a couple tackles and was out of position on a few pass plays, but on the running plays he seemed to be sniffing them out well and getting to the right spot, even when he wasn't making the plays. That's what I liked about him on Friday.

And the entire D seemed to be out of position on the pass plays so I think the team just wasn't as prepared as NO was (and that's on the coaches moreso than the players).

But I agree that Poz should be better and should be taking his lumps with the first team now.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I know he's been getting 1st team reps but not sure if he's still splitting with DiGi.

DiGi's play seemed satisfactory on Friday, but if we wanted that we should have just kept London.

It's time to start Poz.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

In my opinion there is a reason he's 2nd string at the moment in the coach's minds.
    fair enough but that's all the more reason why he should get some work with the first team. If the coaches want to evaluate him, fine, but try to level the playing field and let Poz show his stuff (or maybe lack thereof) against the opponents' first team.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

fair enough but that's all the more reason why he should get some work with the first team. If the coaches want to evaluate him, fine, but try to level the playing field and let Poz show his stuff (or maybe lack thereof) agains the opponents' first team.
    Agree 100%

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

my opinion there is a reason he's 2nd string at the moment in the coach's minds.
    I think that reason is solely based on knowledge...

knowing the defense, making the right calls and making sure everybody(including himself) is in the right position.

Friday's film should reveal how far he has progressed in that area and show if he's ready for 1st string yet.

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

note:
    I LOVE PAUL POSLILJEWSKI!!!!!!!!!!
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

S.Jersey #1 fan of Daunte Culpeper where he may play
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Posluszny will be fine. It's the Dline and how effective they can be that will determine how well he plays.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

DiGorgio looked 100% lost out there. I'm pretyy sure that his jock strap came out more than once.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

digi was second on the team in tackles and played much less than pos..

i thought that digi did well enough. he did miss 2 tackles.. but he also made 4 others. he is clearly very fast and he just needs experience like a lot of them.

i do feel good about him backing up pos though.. clearly pos will be the starter.. but it is good to know we have a guy that can come in and get to the ball.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The coaches know more about the situation between Poz and DiG based on camp and preseason. I will leave it up to them to decide who starts. I like what I've seen from DiG but if Poz outperforms DiG , the better. It only makes our team better.

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i prefer the white dude

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think the early odds are that Poz will start in the regular season and DiGiorgio will com in on obvious passing downs.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I was extremely disappointed with DiGiorgio. He took himself out of plays several times and then had to play chase. Several tackles could have been made much, much sooner. He looked like Scott Radecic out there making plays 6 yards down field. Hopefully our LB's turn out to be more like the other Penn State backer we had on that roster. Radecic did have 12 or so years in the league though - I'll give him that.