• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • im4bflo
    the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
    • Sep 2003

Denny's foot

A broken foot kept McCargo out all year, so why is Denny coming back later this year?
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Re: Denny's foot

Originally posted by im4bflo
    A broken foot kept McCargo out all year, so why is Denny coming back later this year?
    1. Different injury
    2. Rookie first round pick

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

There are lots of bones in the foot. There is no guarantee Denney makes it back this season. The Bills are hopeful, but that's all.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Plus Mcargo played the first couple games. Denny's injury came 3 weeks before the season even started.

THINK PEOPLE....

Comment

• Ickybaluky
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by im4bflo
          Denny might end up out for the year, it depends how long it will take for the injury to heal and whether they want to carry him on the roster until that point.

When McCargo was hurt, they figured it would be a long time before he could come back and they wanted someone to fill his roster spot. They IR'ed him so they could sign someone else to the roster.

With Denney, they don't need to do anything yet because roster spots aren't at a premium. He can have the surgery and they can evaluate how he is healing. If they determine he can come back soon enough to have an impact on their season, they can carry him on the roster. If they they feel he will be out a while and they would rather have someone to fill that rosters spot when they cut down to 53 players, they will IR him at that time.

That decision won't be made until the last roster cut. Then they will determine whether he can come back soon enough to justify his taking up a roster spot and not IR'ing him.

Comment

Working...
          X