X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tampabay25690
    • Feb 2004

Ellis Wyms anyone???

I think this guy would fit VERY well in Buffalo. He is a good DT and know's the TAMPA 2 obviously. Would probably be the top 3 on our roster.....
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!
  • billsburgh
    • Jul 2003

Re: Ellis Wyms anyone???

well since nobody else has said it yet, I'll go ahead and say it. HE'S GOT TO BE BETTER THAN TIM ANDERSON.

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

Wow. He's actually still a good player. Still only 28 and had 5 sacks last year. I hope they take a look at him.

Comment

• tampabay25690
        • Feb 2004

To be honest with you he would be our best DT. I have seen him play and he is good and quick....I think the BUCS are just going younger and thats it. They are in rough shape..

But I would love to see that guy a BILL
        GO Gators!!!!!!
        GO GATORS!!

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Aug 2004

I'd go after him and Antonio Garay, who was cut by the Bears. Either one would be better than Anderson and J.Jefferson. If the Bills could sign either one, they could drop both Anderson and Jefferson, go with a 4 man rotation at DT, and save a roster spot to use on a 3rd QB.
          Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• eyedog
            • Jul 2002

They had damn well better bring in someone. I've seen about a half dozen d-linemen out there that would upgrade this team.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
              • Apr 2004

Wyms....please....pretty please.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Wyms for Jefferson would be a no-brainer. Anderson seems to have come along after adding a ton of weight.

Comment

• oak tree 12
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                  To be honest with you he would be our best DT. I have seen him play and he is good and quick....I think the BUCS are just going younger and thats it. They are in rough shape..

But I would love to see that guy a BILL
                  give me a break,a guy who was not even able to be one of 4 or 5 DT's a bad team keeps he would be our best DT,get real!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Goobylal
                    Wyms for Jefferson would be a no-brainer. Anderson seems to have come along after adding a ton of weight.
                    Out of all these "get him in here" threads, this is the only one I would actually go for. Although, my confidence was shot when I talked up Tutan Reyes last year.

Comment

• Buckets
                      • Jun 2003

LETS DO IT!!

Comment

• Kerr
                        Hall of Fame Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Would definitely be a solid addition.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by oak tree 12
                          give me a break,a guy who was not even able to be one of 4 or 5 DT's a bad team keeps he would be our best DT,get real!!!!!!!!!
                          Give me a break huh. DO U even watch football????? He would probably be 1 of our best DT's I will say agin. OUR DT are terrible and I love the BILLS!!!! But its the truth, and I bet over 70% on this ite would say the same...
                          GO Gators!!!!!!
                          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• shelby
                            The Vanilla *****
                            • Jul 2002

Versatile and productive member of Tampa Bay’s defensive line... Strong pass rusher who has excelled at both the end and tackle positions... Vital member of Buccaneers defensive line rotation who started eight games last season and tied for team lead in sacks… Has played in 66 career games with nine starts... Owns 134 career tackles, 14.5 sacks, three forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and four passes defensed... Has appeared in five playoff games, totaling 10 tackles, one fumble recovery, one pass defensed and two sacks... Recorded first postseason sack in Super Bowl XXXVII win over the Oakland Raiders... Originally entered league as a sixth-round selection (183rd overall) of Tampa Bay in the 2001 NFL Draft.
                            Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The official source of the latest Bucs headlines, news, videos, photos, tickets, rosters, stats, schedule, and gameday information.

Wyms, who has struggled to stay healthy during his time with the Bucs, lost his starting job to Jovan Haye during the offseason and became expendable when Peterson proved to be a valuable draft-day addition.

His career stats look good, but if he isn't healthy, he won't be very helpful.

Comment

• Elminster
                              #1 Kelsay Fan
                              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by shelby
                              Well, at least some one did a little more research on why a Tampa-2 team would release a guy that appears to be pretty good at getting to the QB. It's why I'm leery of putting too much stock in anyone's garbage....they're usually cut for a reason. I think we have a fine pair of young guys(Williams and McCargo) who will probably be pretty good. And maybe Tim Anderson will manage to at least take up more space with the weight he's added....but I doubt that one, and I'm accused of homerism. But I'm not putting it past him. I don't want to get embarassed like last year with Josh Reed....
                              Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

Working...
                              X