Thread: Reche Caldwell Released.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Reche Caldwell Released.

Just saw it on ESPN, I doubt the Bills are going to go after him though.
    BILLIEVE

is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner mikemac2001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Reche Caldwell Released.

Mr clutch....No way

Thanks
    Thanked 26,314 Times in 13,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I say give him the old Freddy Smith treatment- sign him for a week to get some insight on the Pats offense then cut him.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Drops passes, then tries to push his eyeballs out of his sockets in disgust.

The circus is calling.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Administrator Emeritus

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train

The circus is calling.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train

The circus is calling.
    Would be an upgrade but I agree about his eyeballs. Can be annoying.

S.Jersey #1 fan of Daunte Culpeper where he may play
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think it would be a wise move from the standpoint of getting some more knowledge of the Pats offense. Wasn't he also the Pats leading WO last year? I'm not gonna say he's a huge upgrade as far as his talent, but getting the goods on the Pats...priceless!!

is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner mikemac2001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

IDK i hate those eyes so huge no for me

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Here he is!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Hey NE39...question on this one...

Was Reche pushed out due to the crucial drop in the AFC championship game last year vs Indy or was it just a numbers game? Possibly a combination of the two?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY!
    Hey NE39...question on this one...

Was Reche pushed out due to the crucial drop in the AFC championship game last year vs Indy or was it just a numbers game? Possibly a combination of the two?
    I don't think the AFC Championship game had anything to do with it. Belichick spoke very highly of Reche's performance last year and liked him.

He had 2 drops in that game, both of which people make too much out of. Jabar Gaffney scored a TD after one drop, so that didn't matter. The other was on 1st and 15 in the Red Zone and he had a chance to get at least a good chunk of that yardage back, but it wasn't the reason they lost.

Overall last year Reche was the Pats most consistent player (start to finish) at WR. He had a pretty good year for them, even if he probably was forced to play more than would have been best for the team (he'd be a great 3rd WR).

He was cut this year because the Pats have too many guys ahead of him. Moss, Stallworth and Welker were all brought in and will play key roles ahead of Caldwell. Gaffney had a great training camp, which coming off of a stellar performance in last year's playoffs put him ahead of Caldwell on the depth chart.

The Pats traditionally only carry 5 WR, and with Troy Brown and Chad Jackson both on the PUP (and eligible to come back sometime after week 6) and Bam Childress and C.J. Jones on the PS they weren't worried about depth.

Thus, it came down to Kelley Washington vs. Reche Caldwell for the final WR position.

Caldwell was due to make $1.55M in salary and had a cap number of $1.65M. He does not play on any ST.

Washington is due to make $600K in salary and has a cap number of 660K. He plays on the coverage teams and is a very good punt gunner.

Washington just makes more sense as a 5th WR because he is a million dollars cheaper and played on ST, making Caldwell the odd guy out.

The Pats probably figured they would try and trade Caldwell, but when they found no interest figured they would just release him.

Reche did a great job for the Pats and I wish him well in his next job. Someone will pick him up, and he will help them.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by NE39
    I don't think the AFC Championship game had anything to do with it. Belichick spoke very highly of Reche's performance last year and liked him.

He had 2 drops in that game, both of which people make too much out of. Jabar Gaffney scored a TD after one drop, so that didn't matter. The other was on 1st and 15 in the Red Zone and he had a chance to get at least a good chunk of that yardage back, but it wasn't the reason they lost.

Overall last year Reche was the Pats most consistent player (start to finish) at WR. He had a pretty good year for them, even if he probably was forced to play more than would have been best for the team (he'd be a great 3rd WR).

He was cut this year because the Pats have too many guys ahead of him. Moss, Stallworth and Welker were all brought in and will play key roles ahead of Caldwell. Gaffney had a great training camp, which coming off of a stellar performance in last year's playoffs put him ahead of Caldwell on the depth chart.

The Pats traditionally only carry 5 WR, and with Troy Brown and Chad Jackson both on the PUP (and eligible to come back sometime after week 6) and Bam Childress and C.J. Jones on the PS they weren't worried about depth.

Thus, it came down to Kelley Washington vs. Reche Caldwell for the final WR position.

Caldwell was due to make $1.55M in salary and had a cap number of $1.65M. He does not play on any ST.

Washington is due to make $600K in salary and has a cap number of 660K. He plays on the coverage teams and is a very good punt gunner.

Washington just makes more sense as a 5th WR because he is a million dollars cheaper and played on ST, making Caldwell the odd guy out.

The Pats probably figured they would try and trade Caldwell, but when they found no interest figured they would just release him.

Reche did a great job for the Pats and I wish him well in his next job. Someone will pick him up, and he will help them.
    im surprise no one has shown any interest in him, although, they (being any team other than NE) may play the waiting game and sign after week 1

j-e-t-s
    jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by CuseJetsFan83
    im surprise no one has shown any interest in him, although, they (being any team other than NE) may play the waiting game and sign after week 1
    He just got cut, and every other team in the NFL just set their rosters.

He'll get some interest. He had a good year last year. He isn't a lead receiver, but he can get open and catch the ball. He can help someone.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by NE39
    He just got cut, and every other team in the NFL just set their rosters.

He'll get some interest. He had a good year last year. He isn't a lead receiver, but he can get open and catch the ball. He can help someone.
    i think he's a quality 2 or 3 receiver for pretty much anyone...... my reasoning for the cut is you had too many high options..... and much like you stated, washingtons ST appeal is what may have sealed a fate.....

i would love to see caldwell come to the darkside of gang-green

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by CuseJetsFan83
    i would love to see caldwell come to the darkside of gang-green
    The Jets are pretty solid at WR as well, and would run into the same issue with him being down the depth chart and playing ST.

Washington is one team that is rumored to have some interest in him (big surprise there). Tennessee should look at him, IMO, but I'm not sure if they will.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I spoke too soon, Reche is in NY visiting with the Jets today.

Of course, it could just be the Jets grilling him for info, considering they play the Patriots this week. Last week they had Artrell Hawkins in for a visit right after the Pats cut him. Plus, they signed Mike Elgin, a 7th round pick the Pats just cut, to their PS.
    Last edited by Ickybaluky; 09-04-2007 at 08:33 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

pretty much that adam schefter ive heard from is finally posted.. pretty much says the same thing