Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NFL investigating spying by the patriots

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Sources: Goodell going to issue "severe" penalties to Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0
    I don't know what to think of this. If they were going to risk cheating why do it against the JETS?
    because of Mangini?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

They should force them to start Bledsoe the rest of the season.

the EPITOMY of PATHETIC im4bflo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: NE News week of 9/10 - Sources: Goodell going to issue "severe" penalties to Patriots

Let Brady explain the 'tuck rule' to the goons in the 'black hole' in Oakland. :snicker2:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: NE News week of 9/10 - Sources: Goodell going to issue "severe" penalties to Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by im4bflo
    Let Brady explain the 'tuck rule' to the goons in the 'black hole' in Oakland. :snicker2:
    Brady's idea of the "tuck rule" is a technique that he likes to use when preparing for a date.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Goddell determines Patriots broke rules

Quote Originally Posted by shelby
    Thank you, i needed something to laugh about.
    It will be interesting to see how Goodell reacts to this.

The thing that kills me is that the Patriots are clearly the best team in the AFCE....why the do they feel the need to cheat?
    Ever wonder why...lol

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: NE News week of 9/10 - Sources: Goodell going to issue "severe" penalties to Patr

Quote Originally Posted by RedEyE
    Brady's idea of the "tuck rule" is a technique that he likes to use when preparing for a date.
    It's kind of like in Scary Movie 2 when Wayans says tucked in or out...lol.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Give the Jets the win. That would be awesome and fair.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE
    Give the Jets the win. That would be awesome and fair.
    I doubt that happens. Probably will get banged a few picks, including at least one high one. That hurts.

I'd almost rather forfeit the game if they could keep the picks.

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by EricStratton
    Some NYC radio guy today (maybe Boomer and Carton on FAN) mentioned this morning that the radio thing could also include talking to the QB on a different frequency after the huddle has broken or even during a play.

Having the pre-snap read from would sure be nice.
    holy crap!

using a videotape to analyze and steal signals is one thing. serious, yes, but that pales in comparison to tapping into the qbs helmet when theyre not supposed to

i mean if you could visually interpret signals and steal them without the video that would be legal (or at least not punishable) so its essentially using technology to help you do something you potentially could do anyway

but secretly communicating with the qb is a whole other exponential level to cheating. that would be an enormous advantage you could not possibly ever come close to duplicating any other way

the first would warrant perhaps the forfeit of first round picks for two or three years

the second would be severe enough to forfeit multiple games. and if it is determined they were doing this during key playoff games i wouldnt have a problem with literally revoking superbowl titles

as much as i would love to see the patriots hammered harshly, i sure hope the latter isnt true as it would be a devastatingly dark day for the nfl
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead
    holy crap!

using a videotape to analyze and steal signals is one thing. serious, yes, but that pales in comparison to tapping into the qbs helmet when theyre not supposed to

i mean if you could visually interpret signals and steal them without the video that would be legal (or at least not punishable) so its essentially using technology to help you do something you potentially could do anyway

but secretly communicating with the qb is a whole other exponential level to cheating. that would be an enormous advantage you could not possibly ever come close to duplicating any other way

the first would warrant perhaps the forfeit of first round picks for two or three years

the second would be severe enough to forfeit multiple games. and if it is determined they were doing this during key playoff games i wouldnt have a problem with literally revoking superbowl titles

as much as i would love to see the patriots hammered harshly, i sure hope the latter isnt true as it would be a devastatingly dark day for the nfl
    the news reports i seen sunday night alluded to the same thing, but were quickly stricken as hearsay......... but then there was an article on MSNBC that was saying draft picks would must likely be the punishment, but then alluded that the NFL is also looking into the wiretapping of the headsets.

now stealing signals i wouldnt call for a forfeit, but if NE is found to be guilty of stealing headset signals..... i'd say either forfeit/suspend the coaches, and hold them to the same accountability standards that the players have, or else they will lose whatever credibility they have

j-e-t-s
    jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

somebody posted this at bbi allegedly from pft no link:

WERE PATS WIRING DEFENSIVE PLAYERS, TOO?

The situation regarding the New England Patriots and the allegations/proof that they have stolen defensive signals is unofficially getting weirder.

The signal stealing flap is relevant only to defensive signals, since all offensive calls are made by radio.

But we're now aware of suspicions/rumors regarding efforts by the Pats to get a leg up as to opposing offenses. Specifically, we're told that it's believed that, during the 2006 season, the Patriots were putting microphones on defensive linemen in order to capture the offensive line calls and the quarterback audibles.

Then, the audio and the video of the game would be matched up, and the defensive players would be given the code at halftime.
    not as serious as jury rigging signals to the qb but still another devestating illegal advantage to the pats that rachets up the signal stealing allegations by many factors

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Thanked 30,467 Times in 17,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Busted!!!

Check out the dude on the right, outlined by the black 'football'...

YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Busted!!!

if that is the guy... i must say...... can you be any more obvious!?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Busted!!!

i dont see the pic
    BILLIEVE

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I just knew Bellyache/Kraft were cheaters!!! Now they are screwed for many draft picks.

What a bunch of stunods!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You can't really strip them of their SB titles, but wouldn't it be funny if they had to turn in their rings?

The NFL could auction them off, and give the proceeds to spinal cord research or something.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Thanks
    Thanked 24,425 Times in 14,144 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think that everyone here is losing sight of just how big a punishment of losing draft picks is to a franchise especially one like NE which has built its success through the draft. We know that just signing FA's (Redskins) wont work so for New England to be stripped of multiple picks could have bigger ramifications than a 4 game suspension which Im sure the Patriot organization would gladly take over losing picks.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!