Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NFL investigating spying by the patriots

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: NE News week of 9/10 - Sources: Goodell going to issue "severe" penalties to Patriots

They said on Sirius that Eric Mangina knew what to look for because he was part of it when he was there. They said he could be blacklisted for breaching the coaches' code of silence.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: NE News week of 9/10 - Sources: Goodell going to issue "severe" penalties to Patriots

This just keeps getting better.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Visually stunning but camera-shy. Cntrygal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,593 Times in 4,537 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: NFL investigating spying by the patriots

I could have sworn that there were "rumors" of this a few years ago.... or am I maybe I just foresaw the future....
    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Belichick apologizes to Goodell for video flap

Belichick said he spoke with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell this week about a “videotaping procedure” during last Sunday’s game and “my interpretation of the rules.”

more...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Tomlin says spying allegations not surprising

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin isn’t surprised a New England Patriots employee is suspected of videotaping signals by Jets coaches during Sunday’s season opener.

more...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cntrygal
    I could have sworn that there were "rumors" of this a few years ago.... or am I maybe I just foresaw the future....
    I believe there were have been accusations for years, but why the league did nothing until now is beyond me. Greenbay even kicked the same camerman out last year for doing it (I guess he raised hell, and threatened security even).

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzlingr
    I believe there were have been accusations for years, but why the league did nothing until now is beyond me. Greenbay even kicked the same camerman out last year for doing it (I guess he raised hell, and threatened security even).
    I'll have to see if I can dig up some of those old stories.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mybills
    You can't really strip them of their SB titles, but wouldn't it be funny if they had to turn in their rings?

The NFL could auction them off, and give the proceeds to spinal cord research or something.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Even more BB cheated info

Turns out this isnt the first time the Pats doing this has come to light. Last year our players/coaches used game tape whith audio from the normal telivision feed instead fo the muted game tapes to prepare for the Pats and try and figure out there line call. IMO not a big deal but it sparded a storm and the league looked into it. This came out as a result.
    And remember this is in 06
    "There is nothing illegal about what Miami did. However, the Patriots got caught doing something early in the year they weren't supposed to be doing. They had a man on their sideline dressed in coaching attire with a video camera who was presumably videotaping the other team's signals. You can't do that. They were warned. If it happens again, they're going to be disciplined."
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...ng_signs_.html
    Over the offeseason all 32 teams were warned on this subject so there is no shades of gray here on whether the pats thought this was legal or not.

Then comes this
    A former assistant under Bill Belichick, Mangini arrived in New York last year with an insider's knowledge of the Patriots' sign-stealing surveillance tactics and he shared the dirty little secret with members of the Jets' organization, a person with knowledge of the matter informed the Daily News yesterday.
    It wasn't until the fifth Mangini-Belichick showdown - last Sunday - that the Jets were able to catch the Patriots. Tipped off by Jets security, an NFL security official confiscated a video camera and tape from a Patriots employee at the Meadowlands, and the evidence is believed to be damning.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...hicks_spy.html

If the reason Mangini knew about this was because they were doing it while he was still there then we know the pats used this method to steal at least 1 SB vs Philly as 05 was the last year Mangini was with the Pats.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Even more BB cheated info

Does this have the legs to become a "real" scandal? I mean suspensions, kicking guys out of the league, overturning victories, etc??? That is what happens in the NCAA...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by dolphan117
    Turns out this isnt the first time the Pats doing this has come to light. Last year our players/coaches used game tape whith audio from the normal telivision feed instead fo the muted game tapes to prepare for the Pats and try and figure out there line call. IMO not a big deal but it sparded a storm and the league looked into it. This came out as a result.
    And remember this is in 06

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...ng_signs_.html
    Over the offeseason all 32 teams were warned on this subject so there is no shades of gray here on whether the pats thought this was legal or not.

Then comes this

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...hicks_spy.html

If the reason Mangini knew about this was because they were doing it while he was still there then we know the pats used this method to steal at least 1 SB vs Philly as 05 was the last year Mangini was with the Pats.
    Wow.....I was wondering how far back it goes. If Mangini knew about it from when he was there, it means that the Patriots have been cheating for all this time and won a Super Bowl ring and got to the playoffs with it. I hope they lose both 1st rounders, plus have to forfeit the week 1 win, plus have that slimeball Bill Belichick suspended for 2-4 games.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer
    Does this have the legs to become a "real" scandal? I mean suspensions, kicking guys out of the league, overturning victories, etc??? That is what happens in the NCAA...
    and if it continues to leak more info out....we finally have a commish that won't bury this under the rug. I know that he will definitely punish the Patriots and most likely Bill Belichick. I just wonder how far he will go......

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey82
    Wow.....I was wondering how far back it goes. If Mangini knew about it from when he was there, it means that the Patriots have been cheating for all this time and won a Super Bowl ring and got to the playoffs with it. I hope they lose both 1st rounders, plus have to forfeit the week 1 win, plus have that slimeball Bill Belichick suspended for 2-4 games.
    If Mangini knew about it then he is just as guilty....should there be sanctions against him??

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If Mangini knew about it then he is just as guilty....should there be sanctions against him??
    in some ways, mangini becomes like a state witness. Everyone knows he's guilty, but you allow it to get the bigger fish.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Not sure, but I heard it means he broke some confidentiality clause with NE.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: NE News week of 9/10 - Sources: Goodell going to issue "severe" penalties to Patr

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    I think that everyone here is losing sight of just how big a punishment of losing draft picks is to a franchise especially one like NE which has built its success through the draft. We know that just signing FA's (Redskins) wont work so for New England to be stripped of multiple picks could have bigger ramifications than a 4 game suspension which Im sure the Patriot organization would gladly take over losing picks.
    in the NBA, the minnesota timberwolves had 5 first round picks taken from them for tampering with joe smith. this isn't the NBA, but it's a far worse crime than tampering, especially if it comes to light that they were illegally talking to brady and/or defensive players during plays, etc.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The guys on NFL radio made it sound like Mangina knew all about it from his days as a pat.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mybills
    Not sure, but I heard it means he broke some confidentiality clause with NE.
    I heard it was more of a good ole boys code sort of thing.

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bellycheck would be gone had he not won the Super Bowls.i hope Goddell sticks it to Bellycheck whether it be a hefty fine,a lengthy suspension with no pay,or both.after listening to Mike & Mike in the Morning,it sounds as if ALL teams were warned not to do this.therefore,i hope he gets both and the Pats get a draft pick or two taken.
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Roways rooking ahread! Mitchy moo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!! Belichick apologizes

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) - This videotape needs no interpretation: New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick walked out of his news conference on Wednesday when pressed repeatedly about the sideline spying scandal that landed him on NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's crowded docket.

Ten minutes before his regular availability, Belichick issued a one-paragraph statement apologizing to his team and confirming that he has spoken to Goodell about an "interpretation" of league rules that ban videotaping of the opposing sideline.

"Although it remains a league matter, I want to apologize to everyone who has been affected, most of all ownership, staff and players," Belichick said. "Following the league's decision, I will have further comment." It was not clear whether Belichick was apologizing for his actions or the distraction it has caused his team as it prepares for Sunday night's marquee game against San Diego. But if he thought — or even hoped — that the standing-room crowd of media was there to talk about the Chargers, he failed to prepare in the manner that has made him one of the most successful coaches in the history of the league.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7216386