• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Sources: Goodell going to issue "severe" penalties to Patriots

Originally posted by Typ0
    I don't know what to think of this. If they were going to risk cheating why do it against the JETS?
    because of Mangini?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

They should force them to start Bledsoe the rest of the season.

Comment

• im4bflo
        the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
        • Sep 2003

Re: NE News week of 9/10 - Sources: Goodell going to issue "severe" penalties to Patriots

Let Brady explain the 'tuck rule' to the goons in the 'black hole' in Oakland. :snicker2:

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

Re: NE News week of 9/10 - Sources: Goodell going to issue "severe" penalties to Patriots

Originally posted by im4bflo
          Let Brady explain the 'tuck rule' to the goons in the 'black hole' in Oakland. :snicker2:
          Brady's idea of the "tuck rule" is a technique that he likes to use when preparing for a date.

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Re: Goddell determines Patriots broke rules

Originally posted by shelby
            Thank you, i needed something to laugh about.
            It will be interesting to see how Goodell reacts to this.

The thing that kills me is that the Patriots are clearly the best team in the AFCE....why the do they feel the need to cheat?
            Ever wonder why...lol

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Re: NE News week of 9/10 - Sources: Goodell going to issue "severe" penalties to Patr

Originally posted by RedEyE
              Brady's idea of the "tuck rule" is a technique that he likes to use when preparing for a date.
              It's kind of like in Scary Movie 2 when Wayans says tucked in or out...lol.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Give the Jets the win. That would be awesome and fair.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                  Give the Jets the win. That would be awesome and fair.
                  I doubt that happens. Probably will get banged a few picks, including at least one high one. That hurts.

I'd almost rather forfeit the game if they could keep the picks.

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EricStratton
                    Some NYC radio guy today (maybe Boomer and Carton on FAN) mentioned this morning that the radio thing could also include talking to the QB on a different frequency after the huddle has broken or even during a play.

Having the pre-snap read from would sure be nice.
                    holy crap!

using a videotape to analyze and steal signals is one thing. serious, yes, but that pales in comparison to tapping into the qbs helmet when theyre not supposed to

i mean if you could visually interpret signals and steal them without the video that would be legal (or at least not punishable) so its essentially using technology to help you do something you potentially could do anyway

but secretly communicating with the qb is a whole other exponential level to cheating. that would be an enormous advantage you could not possibly ever come close to duplicating any other way

the first would warrant perhaps the forfeit of first round picks for two or three years

the second would be severe enough to forfeit multiple games. and if it is determined they were doing this during key playoff games i wouldnt have a problem with literally revoking superbowl titles

as much as i would love to see the patriots hammered harshly, i sure hope the latter isnt true as it would be a devastatingly dark day for the nfl
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                      Closet Bills Fan
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Meathead
                      holy crap!

using a videotape to analyze and steal signals is one thing. serious, yes, but that pales in comparison to tapping into the qbs helmet when theyre not supposed to

i mean if you could visually interpret signals and steal them without the video that would be legal (or at least not punishable) so its essentially using technology to help you do something you potentially could do anyway

but secretly communicating with the qb is a whole other exponential level to cheating. that would be an enormous advantage you could not possibly ever come close to duplicating any other way

the first would warrant perhaps the forfeit of first round picks for two or three years

the second would be severe enough to forfeit multiple games. and if it is determined they were doing this during key playoff games i wouldnt have a problem with literally revoking superbowl titles

as much as i would love to see the patriots hammered harshly, i sure hope the latter isnt true as it would be a devastatingly dark day for the nfl
                      the news reports i seen sunday night alluded to the same thing, but were quickly stricken as hearsay......... but then there was an article on MSNBC that was saying draft picks would must likely be the punishment, but then alluded that the NFL is also looking into the wiretapping of the headsets.

now stealing signals i wouldnt call for a forfeit, but if NE is found to be guilty of stealing headset signals..... i'd say either forfeit/suspend the coaches, and hold them to the same accountability standards that the players have, or else they will lose whatever credibility they have

j-e-t-s
                      jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• Meathead
                        • Jul 2002

somebody posted this at bbi allegedly from pft no link:

WERE PATS WIRING DEFENSIVE PLAYERS, TOO?

The situation regarding the New England Patriots and the allegations/proof that they have stolen defensive signals is unofficially getting weirder.

The signal stealing flap is relevant only to defensive signals, since all offensive calls are made by radio.

But we're now aware of suspicions/rumors regarding efforts by the Pats to get a leg up as to opposing offenses. Specifically, we're told that it's believed that, during the 2006 season, the Patriots were putting microphones on defensive linemen in order to capture the offensive line calls and the quarterback audibles.

Then, the audio and the video of the game would be matched up, and the defensive players would be given the code at halftime.
                        not as serious as jury rigging signals to the qb but still another devestating illegal advantage to the pats that rachets up the signal stealing allegations by many factors

Comment

• Meathead
                          • Jul 2002

Comment

• Meathead
                            • Jul 2002

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Busted!!!

Check out the dude on the right, outlined by the black 'football'...

YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Meathead
                                • Jul 2002

Comment

Working...
                                X