• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Even more BB cheated info

Originally posted by dolphan117
    Turns out this isnt the first time the Pats doing this has come to light. Last year our players/coaches used game tape whith audio from the normal telivision feed instead fo the muted game tapes to prepare for the Pats and try and figure out there line call. IMO not a big deal but it sparded a storm and the league looked into it. This came out as a result.
    And remember this is in 06

Over the offeseason all 32 teams were warned on this subject so there is no shades of gray here on whether the pats thought this was legal or not.

Then comes this

If the reason Mangini knew about this was because they were doing it while he was still there then we know the pats used this method to steal at least 1 SB vs Philly as 05 was the last year Mangini was with the Pats.
    Wow.....I was wondering how far back it goes. If Mangini knew about it from when he was there, it means that the Patriots have been cheating for all this time and won a Super Bowl ring and got to the playoffs with it. I hope they lose both 1st rounders, plus have to forfeit the week 1 win, plus have that slimeball Bill Belichick suspended for 2-4 games.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
      Does this have the legs to become a "real" scandal? I mean suspensions, kicking guys out of the league, overturning victories, etc??? That is what happens in the NCAA...
      and if it continues to leak more info out....we finally have a commish that won't bury this under the rug. I know that he will definitely punish the Patriots and most likely Bill Belichick. I just wonder how far he will go......

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
        Wow.....I was wondering how far back it goes. If Mangini knew about it from when he was there, it means that the Patriots have been cheating for all this time and won a Super Bowl ring and got to the playoffs with it. I hope they lose both 1st rounders, plus have to forfeit the week 1 win, plus have that slimeball Bill Belichick suspended for 2-4 games.
        If Mangini knew about it then he is just as guilty....should there be sanctions against him??

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

If Mangini knew about it then he is just as guilty....should there be sanctions against him??
          in some ways, mangini becomes like a state witness. Everyone knows he's guilty, but you allow it to get the bigger fish.

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

Not sure, but I heard it means he broke some confidentiality clause with NE.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• dplus47
              • Sep 2005

Re: NE News week of 9/10 - Sources: Goodell going to issue "severe" penalties to Patr

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              I think that everyone here is losing sight of just how big a punishment of losing draft picks is to a franchise especially one like NE which has built its success through the draft. We know that just signing FA's (Redskins) wont work so for New England to be stripped of multiple picks could have bigger ramifications than a 4 game suspension which Im sure the Patriot organization would gladly take over losing picks.
              in the NBA, the minnesota timberwolves had 5 first round picks taken from them for tampering with joe smith. this isn't the NBA, but it's a far worse crime than tampering, especially if it comes to light that they were illegally talking to brady and/or defensive players during plays, etc.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                • Jul 2002

The guys on NFL radio made it sound like Mangina knew all about it from his days as a pat.
                You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                  Not sure, but I heard it means he broke some confidentiality clause with NE.
                  I heard it was more of a good ole boys code sort of thing.
                  You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

Bellycheck would be gone had he not won the Super Bowls.i hope Goddell sticks it to Bellycheck whether it be a hefty fine,a lengthy suspension with no pay,or both.after listening to Mike & Mike in the Morning,it sounds as if ALL teams were warned not to do this.therefore,i hope he gets both and the Pats get a draft pick or two taken.
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!! Belichick apologizes

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) - This videotape needs no interpretation: New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick walked out of his news conference on Wednesday when pressed repeatedly about the sideline spying scandal that landed him on NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's crowded docket.

Ten minutes before his regular availability, Belichick issued a one-paragraph statement apologizing to his team and confirming that he has spoken to Goodell about an "interpretation" of league rules that ban videotaping of the opposing sideline.

"Although it remains a league matter, I want to apologize to everyone who has been affected, most of all ownership, staff and players," Belichick said. "Following the league's decision, I will have further comment." It was not clear whether Belichick was apologizing for his actions or the distraction it has caused his team as it prepares for Sunday night's marquee game against San Diego. But if he thought — or even hoped — that the standing-room crowd of media was there to talk about the Chargers, he failed to prepare in the manner that has made him one of the most successful coaches in the history of the league.

Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Re: BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!! Belichick apologizes

I have no problem with a year long suspension....

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

I have no problem with a year long suspension....
                          Goddell's probable response: Cheating is not something that needs to be taken lightly but since it's Kraft's boy let's cut him some cheese, I mean slack.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

Who in their right mind would move this?? NE39?

Comment

• shelby
                              The Vanilla admin
                              • Jul 2002

Re: Belichick speaks with Goodell, apologizes

i'm sure his hand is stinging from a slap on the wrist

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                                Closet Bills Fan
                                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Skooby
                                Who in their right mind would move this?? NE39?
                                its not directly related to the bills, but it is NFL related, hence its here

j-e-t-s
                                jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

Working...
                                X