Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The problem isnt JP

is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner mikemac2001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The problem isnt JP

Its a team as a whole

Everyone except lynch has been a disappointment to me.

Play calling is so bad right now, We run run run and never even give our quick guys like roscoe or evans to make a play. ive seen 1 screen this season and we got about 14 yds from it USE lynch in the passing game Please

Our D has been getting torched in the air leonhard makes alot of tackles because he cant cover ****...our lb's look lost most of the time in pass coverage and our Dline is always late to the QB

JP has not looked sharp (im a huge jp guy) but his passes have been low or high and really hasnt made a throw yet that has impressed me. i dont think we give up on him week 2 when we did play 2 pretty solid d's

Oline is a little better mostly in the run game pass blocking seems suspect but we are mostly in obvious passing situations

TE's we dont have any hate Royal the only one i did like was KE because he gave us hope in the passing game....hopefully gaines can do something dont know to much about him tho

I could go on and On but im sick of seeing every post bashing JP

yes he is suppose to lead the team and yes im frustrated with his play but i dont think he is the reason why we are 0-2 there are alot of T.E dudes who just hate JP and want someone diff in

Bills beat Pats jp throws for 300 and then half the board will flip flop

Thanks
    Thanked 26,400 Times in 13,786 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The problem isnt JP

you forgot a word in your title. It should say "The problem isn't ONLY JP".

Right now, he's one of many problems.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And if we beat the Pats and JP throws for 300 yards, this is what should happen: people should stop calling for Edwards immediately but JP should still be on a short leash. He's had good games before. The only way he's going to convince me at this point is if he puts forth a solid effort in 5-6 straight games. It doesn't have to be 300 yards every time- 200 yards with more TD's than TO's would be just fine.

Registered User DarbyTheDinosaur's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    And if we beat the Pats and JP throws for 300 yards, this is what should happen: people should stop calling for Edwards immediately but JP should still be on a short leash. He's had good games before. The only way he's going to convince me at this point is if he puts forth a solid effort in 5-6 straight games. It doesn't have to be 300 yards every time- 200 yards with more TD's than TO's would be just fine.
    Agreed on the short leash comment...he does deserve one.

But following your solid effort in 5-6 games logic...did he convince you at the end of last year?

@HOU: 26/38, 340 yds, 3 TD, 1 INT and a WIN
    JAX: 21/28, 169 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT but still had a win (in fact, led a last minute drive)
    SD: 21/37, 184 yds, 2 TD, 2 INT, 1 fumble and a loss...(again, another last minute drive but still had some mistakes)
    @NYJ: 10/15, 157 yds, 2 TD, 0 INT and a win (Roethlisbergeresque...if that's a word)
    MIA: 13/19, 200 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT and a win

There were five solid games in a row...of course, he's had four stinkers in a row since that would unravel any faith. But my point is, if we are to assume Losman can't get it done as an NFL QB, how does one explain those five games last year?
    4-1 record, 10 TDs and 4 INTs.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,943 Times in 4,386 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DarbyTheDinosaur

There were five solid games in a row...of course, he's had four stinkers in a row since that would unravel any faith. But my point is, if we are to assume Losman can't get it done as an NFL QB, how does one explain those five games last year?
    Houston sucked
    Miami sucked
    Jags: Nothing special, Losman played like Holcomb in that game.
    SD: 1 TD pass was setup by the Bills defense creating a turnover at the Chargers 19 yardline. The other TD came in garbage time.
    Jets: Any QB in the NFL could have did what JP did that game.

There is more to stats. then just a number.

Registered User DarbyTheDinosaur's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy
    Houston sucked
    Miami sucked
    Jags: Nothing special, Losman played like Holcomb in that game.
    SD: 1 TD pass was setup by the Bills defense creating a turnover at the Chargers 19 yardline. The other TD came in garbage time.
    Jets: Any QB in the NFL could have did what JP did that game.

There is more to stats. then just a number.
    you're right...but how do we assess the quality of his starts on a message board post in two minutes? I was just using the stats (mainly the W-L record) to display that he did have solid outings...regardless of the competition. I am not defending JP...I am not bashing JP...I guess I am trying to inject logic and rationale into these debates again. I am tired of the Bashers vs. Lickers arguments that are now only based on the poster's personal historical position...

I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?" The last buffalo fan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 1,741 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

But following your solid effort in 5-6 games logic...did he convince you at the end of last year?

JAX: 21/28, 169 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT but still had a win (in fact, led a last minute drive)
    SD: 21/37, 184 yds, 2 TD, 2 INT, 1 fumble and a loss...(again, another last minute drive but still had some mistakes)
    @NYJ: 10/15, 157 yds, 2 TD, 0 INT and a win (Roethlisbergeresque...if that's a word)

Those teams have above average Defenses, so I guess he is not that bad after all, huh?.

We are not winning, and of course it is not nice as a fan/season ticket holders, etc, but it is getting ridiculous now. Some posters are making this site a very boring place. Losman and Levy are not the only ones to blame here.
    The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Guys you can argue all you want but a bad perfromance in NE is all JP needs to be lining the bench.

The Bills aren't going to let him go 4 in a row.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I really thought he was going to be fine this year because of that stretch last year. Turns out I was wrong. I don't know why but for some reason he just can't seem to be consistent.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

More like JP is the cause of most of our problems.

The man can't read and react and instead blames everyone else.

O-Line certainly isn't the problem, there opening up holes and giving JP tons of time and please don't give me this playcalling ****, its not Fairchild's fault Losman is one hopping 10 yards passes.
    You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Cool Re: The problem isnt JP

Quote Originally Posted by mikemac2001
    Its a team as a whole

Everyone except lynch has been a disappointment to me.

Play calling is so bad right now, We run run run and never even give our quick guys like roscoe or evans to make a play. ive seen 1 screen this season and we got about 14 yds from it USE lynch in the passing game Please

Our D has been getting torched in the air leonhard makes alot of tackles because he cant cover ****...our lb's look lost most of the time in pass coverage and our Dline is always late to the QB

JP has not looked sharp (im a huge jp guy) but his passes have been low or high and really hasnt made a throw yet that has impressed me. i dont think we give up on him week 2 when we did play 2 pretty solid d's

Oline is a little better mostly in the run game pass blocking seems suspect but we are mostly in obvious passing situations

TE's we dont have any hate Royal the only one i did like was KE because he gave us hope in the passing game....hopefully gaines can do something dont know to much about him tho

I could go on and On but im sick of seeing every post bashing JP

yes he is suppose to lead the team and yes im frustrated with his play but i dont think he is the reason why we are 0-2 there are alot of T.E dudes who just hate JP and want someone diff in

Bills beat Pats jp throws for 300 and then half the board will flip flop
    The Answer agrees - this whole team is definitely a joke, but it all goes back to the QB and right now Losman is more hideous than ever.

Watching Loseman = pure horror

~The Answer

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I say we give him until the half season mark. If he's still sucking after game 8 it's time to put the rookie in for his development.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,670 Times in 17,517 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The problem at this point is that JP has regressed again, instead of improved. The five or six game run gave him a grace period for this year to a point, but for the third straight year he's fubared the first two games and I'm a little tired of waiting for after mid-season for a guy to hit his stride.

Starting out 1-4 every year and making a late run against garbage teams just doesn't cut it.

Face it...JP could take himself out of the 'play or bench?' discussions by simply performing adequately, regardless of what the team's record is. He needs to be an asset, not a detriment, to the team, and he has yet to prove he can be and his time is running out.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Look what Derek "****ing" Anderson did! Nuff said.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaz
    Look what Derek "****ing" Anderson did! Nuff said.
    look what Kelly Holcomb did against the ****ing Bengals when he was with the Browns a few years ago. 'nuff said

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Cool Re: The problem isnt JP

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey82
    look what Kelly Holcomb did against the ****ing Bengals when he was with the Browns a few years ago. 'nuff said

Anderson is in elite company - previously The Holcomb was the only Browns QB to light it up like that. He did have more passing yards than Anderson though....

~The Answer

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If you want to get right down to it ...The ultimate blame has to parked on the desk of Ralph . I watched for years now and have been a fan since the Bills first took the field years ago at the old rock pile.
    We find it easy to blame every player, coach, and game plan, but I say it's got to begin with Ralph.
    I can almost guarantee, that when the reigns of ownership change so will the
    face of the Bills. (Weather they stay or not )Yeah I know all about the glory years of Jim, Bruce , Thurman and company, but even a broken watch is right twice a day.
    you want a winning team, get an owner with a winning attitude. Look around the league, the most successful organizations are those with top notch front offices. I like Marv, don't get me wrong, but he's not the guy. I 've never had much confidence in D.J. and don't think he'd get a chance to be a head coach anywhere else. These are guys who Ralph either hired directly or ok'd . Now, as far as an individual player, No body, I repeat nobody, likes Jp, more then I do.....But maybe he isn't the answer. How much time will confirm that? I don't know...but the front office should know.
    Bottom line for Ralph ? It's the money folks, don't kid yourself. Bottom line for these young players? I'd say the majority of them really care about winning. So I guess thru All the b.s. all I'm saying is put the blame where the biggest problem is. Ralph Wilson Desk!! SO Ralph, sell the team to local people or to someone who will keep them in Western New York . You owe that much to the folks who made you richer then you ever imagined. And they did it with hard work and a winning attitude. My hat goes off to The Bills Fan and thoser who truly billieve. I have to question Ralph's motives though!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Answer
    Anderson is in elite company - previously The Holcomb was the only Browns QB to light it up like that. He did have more passing yards than Anderson though....

~The Answer
    You really need to learn some football history before posting or at least look something up before making stupid douche posts like that.

Bernie Kosar threw for 489 yards against the Jets in 86 in the playoffs.

But I guess he wasn't a Browns QB. What about Brian Sipe?

You're right The Holcomb was the only Browns QB to ever light it up like that...or something.

Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This whole team including JP is the ****ing problem except the listed select few....
    Lynch,Poz,Crowell,the Safeties. The OL hasnt been horrible but can be better. The DL has had its moments and doesnt totally suck.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I agree with the notion that JP is one of a number of problems. They include too conservative play calling, an offensive line that really hasn't jelled yet (though I think they're getting closer), execution and penalty problems. I know we have been pining for a big #2 WR, but I don't think the WRs have been a huge liability so far. There have been some drops, but I think they have been able to get open most of the time. Price and Parrish have both made some plays.

If we start talking defense, they have their own problems. The DEs have not gotten containment on running plays to the outside, he secondary is thin and young and Fewell is having DBs give a big cushion to make sure the plays happen in front of them. That is giving all kinds of room underneath to make third down catches for first downs with frightening regularity. At some point in time the coaching staff needs to start trusting the kids to make plays, and then the kids have to make them.

And oh yes, JP has had accuracy issues and he's been hesitant to make his reads quickly and get rid of the ball. I wonder if he sees the field as well as he should.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.