Thread: What worries me most.....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What worries me most.....

Although we currently have huge concerns on this team theres one that is most apparent to me and that is the play of our newly re-signed DEs. This whole Defensive system depends on their productivity and they are doing nothing. McCargo is now the best player on the DL. He's actually busting through double teams and taking care of his gap responsibility. Tripplett is also doing nothing. If we do have a high pick it has to go to Glen Dorsey. But again if Schobel and Kelsay continue this bad play then were in a tight spot with a lot of money tied up in them and no production to show for it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: What worries me most.....

I honestly think the biggest problem is DT still. McCargo is coming on but we need to invest the first pick on Glen Dorsey at this point. I never see the other QB ever have anyone in his face up the middle. This is a recipe for disaster in the NFL.

We need a real premier player inside which will make everyone else look a lot better. Schobel is getting double teamed...Kelsay is the one who has disappointed me the most so far.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by baalworship
    I honestly think the biggest problem is DT still. McCargo is coming on but we need to invest the first pick on Glen Dorsey at this point. I never see the other QB ever have anyone in his face up the middle. This is a recipe for disaster in the NFL.

We need a real premier player inside which will make everyone else look a lot better. Schobel is getting double teamed...Kelsay is the one who has disappointed me the most so far.
    I dont think Schobel is getting doubled actually. Matt Light took care of him on his own I think. I could be wrong on this but from what I saw Schobel was 1 on 1 most of the time. But its true if we have another DT that can push the pocket it will give our edge rushers more of a chance to make plays. Right now all the QB has to do to avoid the sacks is step up into the pocket and he is safe. The plan for other teams is simple, double team our DTs, and give our DEs the outside pass rush, by the time they come all the way around the ball is out. We need one more play-maker at DT.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,355 Times in 2,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Dorsey is good but he's no Harris.

if anything he's a little over-rated.

any team with a question mark at QB, who passes on a franchise QB, deserves be a bottom feeder.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Schobel needs to watch some Bruce Smith tapes and get an inside spin move down. Rushing hard upfield and to the outside isn't working anymore and it is disasterous against the run.

#1 Kelsay Fan
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33
    Dorsey is good but he's no Harris.

if anything he's a little over-rated.

any team with a question mark at QB, who passes on a franchise QB, deserves be a bottom feeder.
    What difference is Brohm going to make? Stick with Losman or go with Edwards. No need to waste a pick on yet another QB while we have two possibly viable QBs on the roster. I can't say the same for DT. I'd love for us to pick Dorsey at this point...him and McCargo could make a pretty sick tandem....
    Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Elminster
    What difference is Brohm going to make? Stick with Losman or go with Edwards. No need to waste a pick on yet another QB while we have two possibly viable QBs on the roster. I can't say the same for DT. I'd love for us to pick Dorsey at this point...him and McCargo could make a pretty sick tandem....
    What he is saying is that if you are in the position to pick up a franchise QB and there are HUGE questionmarks about your current QBs, which there are, if you pass on him then you deserve to be at the bottom. You only have those high of a picks in a blue moon you better invest it into the most important position on a football team.