Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rex Grossman is being benched

Roways rooking ahread! Mitchy moo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Rex Grossman is being benched

Does this come as a suprise to anyone?? Last years SB starting QB hits the pine because he couldn't perform in the first 3 games. Why wait if you can't get it done even if your team gets to the SB is they way they looked at it. HAs JP got it done for the Bills.

I consider this a little more of a drastic move than Edwards starting now and hopefully in the future for the Bills, what do you guys think??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Rex Grossman is being benched

"Wrecks" Grossman shoulda been benched LAST year. I know Griese is inconsistent as well but as he's not as bad as Grossman.

Dude's Little Ignorant Crony RockStar36's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Rex is horrible. I have no idea how he made it through last season. You would think after how many games he cost the team including the SB that he wouldn't even have a job.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think it would be a bigger deal if Grossman was the reason the Bears went to the SB.. J.P. or Trent, or Nall, whoever the starting QB is for the Bills ill support them..

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't understand why they never really gave Kyle Orton a shot....

Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!! Luisito23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 969 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Thumbs down Re: Rex Grossman is being benched

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey82

I know right...Or at least keep him as your backup....Dumb move.........

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's about time Lovie non-bigoted up and realized the guy SUCKS.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If you combine Grossman's first eight games from last year with JP's last eights from last season you would have a real good QB.

Any other games from either of the two and you have dog poop.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

GOOD! hes much worse than our qb.. and by everyone's logic he's played longer than JP has, whether hes been hurt or not. hes been in the league for 5 years which automatically means hes played 5 years. sound familiar? btw he is terrible and it's a great choice for Lovey to keep his job by not sticking with this clown like originally thought.. go back to orton. he didnt get yards but he didnt turn colorblind the second his team was down some points.

Dude's Little Ignorant Crony RockStar36's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm pretty sure Orton started the majority of the season like two years ago and he kinda sucked. The defense did just enough to win games and Rex came back late in the season and they lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs I think. After that it was Rex's team. Huge mistake. Peyton and the Colts thank the Bears for that decision.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

? he played 2 years? or 1? i forget but when Wrecks was hurt Orton played at least the entire 2005 season. i cant remember if he was drafted that year or the year before and played when he was hurt prior again but either way he didnt spark the offense whatsoever. i remember the last game of their first playoff-bound season Rex came back from his injury and lit it up and sparked the whole team. what the hell happened after that? maybe Orton has progressed. id give him more of a chance than Griese. At least hes started for that team a lot.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by evol4276
    GOOD! hes much worse than our qb.. and by everyone's logic he's played longer than JP has, whether hes been hurt or not. hes been in the league for 5 years which automatically means hes played 5 years. sound familiar? btw he is terrible and it's a great choice for Lovey to keep his job by not sticking with this clown like originally thought.. go back to orton. he didnt get yards but he didnt turn colorblind the second his team was down some points.
    Actually, I believe JP has more career starts that Grossman.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Some will advocate trading Edwards for him some we have a QB that sucks more than JP during begiining of year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by RockStar36
    I'm pretty sure Orton started the majority of the season like two years ago and he kinda sucked. The defense did just enough to win games and Rex came back late in the season and they lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs I think. After that it was Rex's team. Huge mistake. Peyton and the Colts thank the Bears for that decision.

the thing with orton is though, i believe he was a rookie (and not a high profile one at that), so how much could you really expect out of him?

added to that, the bears babied the hell out of him in regards to play calling. orton didn't move the chains very well, but it's not like they really let him loose to try.

all that matters is orton won 10 games, which is more than they can say about grossman.

also i read an artice in the off season about how orton had bulked up and worked on his mechanics, but he lost the competition to griese for backup.

i would have taken orton.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by evol4276
    3 years is pretty much the bench mark, after that its put up or shut up. Their careers arent over, but most likely after 4-5 years, its bench time for a while.

Grossman only lasted this long because, like JP, he had a hot streak. The problem is, it was a hot streak. The norm for these guys is playing bad.

Junior Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Skooby
    Does this come as a suprise to anyone?? Last years SB starting QB hits the pine because he couldn't perform in the first 3 games. Why wait if you can't get it done even if your team gets to the SB is they way they looked at it. HAs JP got it done for the Bills.

I consider this a little more of a drastic move than Edwards starting now and hopefully in the future for the Bills, what do you guys think??
    We should cut Loserman and trade for Grossman. He's a pretty good qb most of the time.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyMac
    We should cut Loserman and trade for Grossman. He's a pretty good qb most of the time.
    most of the time must not include the times the bears are actually on the field. they should have benched him last year.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Rexy is streaky, he'll play well for a few weeks, then completely suck for a couple weeks. Been that way since he's been a Bear besides being hurt.

Kyle Orton never got a shot past 2005 because he flat out sucked. The Bears won in spite of him not because of him. I'm honestly shocked he's still on their roster.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 853 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

at least rex has been allowed to throw the ball around and not just throw 4 patterns the screen the checkdown bomb and 5 yard curl like JP.

REX 6 ints JP 1 comparing apples to oranges!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Skooby

Grossman isn't being benched for 3 games this year.

Since the beginning of 2006 Grossman has played 19 games.

In 8 of those games, he has been outstanding:

153-for-237 (65%), 2002 Yds (8.4 Yds/Att), 19 TD, 2 Int, 114.3 QB Rating

In 11 of those games, he has been dreadful:

156-for-332 (47%), 1691 Yds (5.1 Yds/Att), 5 TD, 24 Int, 37.4 QB Rating

You can't have that kind of wildly inconsistent play from the QB position, especially when he plays so badly so often and fumbles too much on top of it. Since he is trending more towards playing poorly more often and better less frequently, there really is not debate on whether he deserves to be benched. The guy is awful.