Thread: Hey FuntimesYay

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Hey FuntimesYay

Will Quinn even see the field and will he be traded?

Thanks
    Thanked 26,296 Times in 13,726 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Hey FuntimesYay

if Edwards chokes against Dallas, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few people here wanting to trade for Quinn.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Derek Anderson isn't the long term answer at QB. He has a big arm but has accuracy issues. He can plays lights out for a stretch and then just as easily play completely horrible. Watch highlights of his playing, you'll notice none of his passes are really on the mark and that Joe J, Braylon and KII make good plays.

His accuracy issues are what caused him to not win the starters job from pre-season and camps. Frye was a more accurate QB but he played scared and timid, DA doesn't play scared or timid but forces a lot of bad balls.

As long as he can keep showing some promise behind Center, it will keep Quinn off the field longer and longer. Which in my opinion is a good thing. Quinn standing on the sidelines next to Dorsey, who in my mind is one of the better cerebral QBs in the league, will lend to Quinn learning a lot from having things broken down to him.

I still don't like Quinn much, but I'm hopefuly that under Dorsey's tutelage he'll learn a thing or two about what to do when he does end up on the field.

I would expect Quinn to be the starting QB next season. But he could get some action near the end of this season if the Browns are completely out of it by the time Buffalo goes to Cleveland.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Andersons played good teams and won.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

And Anderson's poor play caused a loss vs an average Raiders game. Completed less than half his passes and threw 2 bad INTs. To be fair, he did lead the team down the field and put them in position to win the game before Dawson had the last second FG attempt blocked. However it shouldn't have gotten to that point, and in a close game when your QB completes less than half his passes and makes 2 bad turnovers he takes a lot of the blame.

Like I said, he's too inconsistent to be seen as a long term answer.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think Notre Dame this year is showing how good Quinn really was in College, the Browns have nothing to lose they should play him sooner than later

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Anderson had accuracy problems in college as well, completing just over 50% of his passes. That was the knock on him coming out of Oregon State, where he threw for a lot of yards along with a lot of interceptions. That is the reason he slid to the 6th round, despite having a good arm and great size.

Accuracy will always limit Anderson, which is why at some point later this year or next Quinn will be made the starter. Quinn will take his lumps, which is why they want him to be able to sit a while, but in terms of pro prospects he has it all over Anderson.