Thread: "I'm Ready".........really?!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

"I'm Ready".........really?!

Maybe it was a bad omen, but did anyone catch that promo video they showed at the arena before Friday's game that ended with Miller saying "I'm Ready"? I don't know what game the rest of you were watching, but Miller did NOT look ready! He gave up a couple easy goals, and was definitely not on his form. I know it's early in the season, but with Ottawa already 2 for 2 in the division, this season could get away from the Sabres awfully quickly!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: "I'm Ready".........really?!

Are you expecting them to compete for the division?? Lower your expectations. They had trouble holding on last year with Drury and Briere and Teppo. I've been telling everybody this year is a step back...

And the game? I was there too...the defense was terrible. Without Miller they might have put an 8 spot on us easily.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,291 Times in 15,441 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Im beginning to wonder if Miller needs contact lenses, because sometimes he simply doesn't see the puck. (Doesn't even flinch)

And who could blame them for not giving a crap about the season? If my company's front office did (or didn't do) what the Sabres did last off-season, I wouldn't give much of a damn either.

It's a shame. They had a special team there, that was very close.

Senior Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

As far as Miller goes.

The first thing I'm looking for this year is the same thing I was looking for last year

Has he found his a solution to his achilles heel which is his tendancy to give put shots from out near the blue line.

And not just screened shots either.

But he has a history of letting unscreened shots from out there get by him , sometimes that weakness is mind boggling considering the great saves he makes in close.

He seems to just simply lose site of or misread slap shots taking from way out.

These type of goals were key for Carolina beating Buffalo on it's way to the cup.
    Last edited by churchinski; 10-06-2007 at 02:36 PM.