Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Johnson won't be fined for taunting injured Green

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Johnson won't be fined for taunting injured Green

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    none, espn.com tracks those numbers under tloss

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/...=2007&season=2
    hahaha, of all the places I haven't looked at for stats..... Thanks for the find

IMO there's no better way to determine just how good a DL is than tackles behind the L.O.S. and sacks.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,471 Times in 14,179 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gr8slayer
    Yeah but a chop block at the L.O.S. and a cut back block like that are such different extremities. I have personally broken my knee getting blocked just like Johnson but have never had a scratch (of course I'm exaggerating a bit) getting chopped at the line. Again, I'm split on this one, the angle just isn't right. One thing though that Green did that I have an issue with is he blocked him very low. Chop block a guy, but aim above the knees, not at his ankles.

Johnson was a bit out of line but again, I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing. In fact I have done the same thing (except I stepped on the guy's neck), sometimes emotions just get the best of you (think Albert Haynesworth.) It doesn't necessarily mean you are a bad person or even a dirty player, it just means that at that point in time you ****ed up.

No doubt about it, I don't know how much of him you've been able to watch but he stays lower than any DL I've seen in a long time and has amazing hands. Very John Randle like.
    If Green even attempts to block Johnson above the waist he gets absolutely destroyed. It makes no sense for that and thats why you have to go low. You cant worry about hurting the other player you have to do what will be most effective for your team. I see no problem with what Green did. I think anybody who has played football has been hit below the knee from time to time and it sucks, but its part of the game.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

hahaha, of all the places I haven't looked at for stats..... Thanks for the find

IMO there's no better way to determine just how good a DL is than tackles behind the L.O.S. and sacks.

Yea strictly stats speaking thats a good one but especially for DT's stats dont say nearly enough.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If Green even attempts to block Johnson above the waist he gets absolutely destroyed. It makes no sense for that and thats why you have to go low. You cant worry about hurting the other player you have to do what will be most effective for your team. I see no problem with what Green did. I think anybody who has played football has been hit below the knee from time to time and it sucks, but its part of the game.
    I'm not saying block him above the waist, that would be career suicide for an old guy like Green. I'm saying block him above the knees, put your shoulder into his quad. It might be part of the game but so is letting your emotions get the best of you sometimes. There's no more emotional game out there than football, as a player it's the best and worst time of your life every single play.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Further proof the league is out to get TO. He gets fined for making fun of the NE Pats situation, but Johnson taunts a dead man and?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yea strictly stats speaking thats a good one but especially for DT's stats dont say nearly enough.
    There are just too many different types of DT's. In regards to Johnson though, it's not like he's commanding the double team like Pat used to, or getting to the QB like Randle used to, or being a simply awesome all around player like Haynesworth is this year. You have to have a strength that other teams have to respect and I just don't think that Johnson has one. Frankly, he looks out of shape and slow on the field to me.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bling
    Further proof the league is out to get TO. He gets fined for making fun of the NE Pats situation, but Johnson taunts a dead man and?
    T.O. is just an all-around **** sucker. He's one person I have no sorrow for.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm not saying block him above the waist, that would be career suicide for an old guy like Green. I'm saying block him above the knees, put your shoulder into his quad. It might be part of the game but so is letting your emotions get the best of you sometimes. There's no more emotional game out there than football, as a player it's the best and worst time of your life every single play.

I see your point, but I still dont see an issue with the block but its a matter interpretation like you said

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I see your point, but I still dont see an issue with the block but its a matter interpretation like you said