Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Miami or Cleveland today?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Miami or Cleveland today?

Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY!
    I hate to give an opinion on the Browns in the main forum now that there's a NFL zone forum, but since it was asked. I'll go with the flow.

DA played like absolute garbage in the first half vs the Pats...gift wrapping a couple picks and the endzone throw that Seau intercepted was absolutely brutal. He then came back in the second half and played well. Problem is his attrocious first half put the team in a 20 point hole to the best team in the league. And it was a gap that proved insurmountable. The Browns have come the closest to actually winning betting wise against the Pats, but that's not saying much when you still lose by 17. Spread was 16.5.

And therein lies the problem with DA. One week he comes out on fire, this week, cincy week....another he comes out flat and plays terrible for most of the game...see the Patriots game and the Raiders game. If DA plays well in either of those games they beat Oakland and give the Pats a run for it. DA has a cannon for an arm but his mental grasp on the game at times leaves a little to be desired. He takes chances which is good, but some of the chances he takes should be nixed.

On the plus side him and Braylon Edwards seem to have a strong chemisty with one another. When your star WR and a QB have chemistry it's a beautiful thing as evidenced by Braylons 3 TD grabs today.

However the consistency issues I think will curtail him from being a good to great QB in this league and will ultimately lead him to the bench before the end of the year or the start of next season for the Brady Quinn era. The Browns brought Dorsey back after Frye flopped to basically stand on the sidelines with Quinn and diagnose and break down schemes, coverages, packages and blitzes with Quinn. Dorsey has a huge mental understanding of the game but lacks the physical attributes.

I've never been a fan of Brady Quinn, I always thought he was overhyped and loved because of how the national media loves the irish. The fact he beat up on lesser college teams and disappeared against Ohio St, Michigan, LSU, etc illustrate that. I would love for DA to succeed. Whether or not he can become more consistent is a huge question mark. Then, what do they do with Quinn if DA does become more consistent? Only the rest of the season will tell.
    well the thread itself shuld really be in the nfl zone neways but since it says miami or cleveland, i believe it fits :-P

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by evol4276
    derek anderson is suprising the living hell outta me. started him instead of brady today and hes already gotten me 2 tds :)
    That is the dumbest decision EVER!

How the hell can you bench Brady? His stats are just sickening right now!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey82
    That is the dumbest decision EVER!

How the hell can you bench Brady? His stats are just sickening right now!
    ah he only got 1 more td than DA hahaha i deserve to lose now.. it still wasnt a bad move tho since between the 2 of my qbs i had 9 tds today hahaha

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Hell, Cleo Lemon had 4 td's

Fantasy Football is a real crap shoot this year

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by LtFinFan66

yea but he had turnovers tho. its all about playing the right people at the right time and i ALMOST pulled something ******ed off haha. didt hurt tho

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Only 2. Still up there with the top scorers today......better than freakin' Carson Palmer today

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,309 Times in 15,456 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

fish

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

zip-it Fishtorian

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

tell me about it. one league where I missed the draft, I am 6-0. All my other leagues, I am either 2-4 or 1-5.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,477 Times in 7,094 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

wow. The fins didn't even disguise that they were running a qb sneak twice and got it. They even designed a qb draw for Lemon to score a TD. Why can't Farichild come up with something?

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,918 Times in 4,371 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan
    wow. The fins didn't even disguise that they were running a qb sneak twice and got it. They even designed a qb draw for Lemon to score a TD. Why can't Farichild come up with something?
    First you have to be near the goalline to do something like that.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,477 Times in 7,094 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy
    Really? Cutler wasn't near the goaline when he rushed for that 4th down against us. Since when do qb's have to be near the goaline to steal for first downs?

Thanks
    Thanked 24,466 Times in 14,176 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Thread moved to appropriate forum

Gave it till Monday after lunch since it was a bye week
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan
    Cam is doing some good things with the offense, pretty good considering what he has to work with so far. It seems like he is really finding a way to put Brown in the best position to succeed.

As far as the defense......sigh. We usually have been able to rely on the D, but either age has finally crept up on them this year, or Saban was really able to squeeze out the best out of them with the right schemes etc. I can't really fault Capers, I think he's trying to do the best to juggle--older vets vs lack of talent/youth in other areas, basically trying to band aid some things together. Jason Allen (unless he does something to prove otherwise) has been a complete and utter bust. He can't even make plays on ST so I guess his best days were in college. The only thing is that it seems like Capers doesn't seem able to fully utilize Porter in this version of the 3-4. It also seems like Capers isn't using Taylor like JT was used last year. So either Capers is trying to simplify things or he's just plain getting outcoached.

My bottom line(s) is that I'm not one of those fans that want Wayne H to get rid of Cam and Co. because continuity is something that is sorely needed. The franchise has been a mess since Jimmy Johnson has left and these last some years are quite evident of that. That's why the team and fans really need to be patient until Cam and Co. can continue to make more moves and (unfortunately) give it some more time. Right now the team is obviously not that good. At least the offense is showing some ever so slow progress.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sirrius said that "getting rid of Welker and essentially getting Ginn to replace him was ridiculous." They were referring to the fact that the D is going to need years to rebuild and keeping Welker as a receiver and returner and getting a defensive player made more sense.

Keyshawn and Parcells just said that this is the worst team in football. Ouch.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

They didn't get Ginn to replace him. They got a second and a 7th for him. So either their starting center or their QB of the future and another guy who made the team

I disregard anything Meshawn says. They or the Rams are probably the worst though. I can't believe how far their D has fallen from last year

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

They didn't get Ginn to replace him. They got a second and a 7th for him. So either their starting center or their QB of the future and another guy who made the team

I disregard anything Meshawn says. They or the Rams are probably the worst though. I can't believe how far their D has fallen from last year
    The segment had the following "who's worse Rams or Dolphins?"

I watched the second of that game and I actually think Cam knows how to coach an offense. I was pretty impressed.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE
    Sirrius said that "getting rid of Welker and essentially getting Ginn to replace him was ridiculous." They were referring to the fact that the D is going to need years to rebuild and keeping Welker as a receiver and returner and getting a defensive player made more sense.

Keyshawn and Parcells just said that this is the worst team in football. Ouch.
    like we had a choice in the Welker deal, it was either the poison pill treatment or take the 2nd round pick. Welker was great when he was here, but it is something that he's been elevated to god like status now that's he's in NE. It's partially sour grapes, but us Dolphins fans knew he was good before all of the others jumped on the band wagon.