• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

7 keys to successful leader

this ahs 7 keys to being a successful leader. most of these you can say that jauron just doesn't have. I found it funny so i figured i'd share.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: 7 keys to successful leader

You could argue that he has one or two of them, but you'd really have to stretch.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I kind of envision Jauron's leadership as the scene in Animal House where John Belushi gives the first part of the speech then charges out of the house, but no one follows him- the only difference is that Jauron never realizes no one follows him so he doesn't make the second part of the speech.

It's at about 2:04 in this video (WARNING: Bad language!!!)

MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
        I kind of envision Jauron's leadership as the scene in Animal House where John Belushi gives the first part of the speech then charges out of the house, but no one follows him- the only difference is that Jauron never realizes no one follows him so he doesn't make the second part of the speech.

It's at about 2:04 in this video (WARNING: Bad language!!!)

AWESOME POINT, couldnt agree more that seen is priceless!!!!
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• I Hate Aqua Green
          • Aug 2006

I know it would be a ton of bad karma in one place...but does anyone else think that Ralph should open the checkbook and bring Marty Schottenheimer (did I spell that right?) in here next year...the guy's been a winner everywhere he's been and, let's face, he just got some really REALLY bad breaks in the postseason...the guy's a proven commodity and he used to play in Buffalo in the AFL days...Again, I'm semi-new to this site so if this topic has been addressed...feel free to lambaste me.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I'd love to see Marty here, or failing that, a laptop with a copy of Madden '08 set to auto pick the plays. Anything would be an improvement over Jauron and Fairchild.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
              • Jul 2002

I'd love Marty ball!

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

I actually think he has most of those qualities. But its all for naught when you don't display conviction in yourself and what you're 'selling'. That's where Dick goes awry IMO, and it makes ALL other positive leadership qualities meaningless.

You simply cannot be wishy-washy and expect to be an effective leader, it doesn't work.

Great article btw.

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

So how many of you have actually played for Jauron again? Those qualities are not something you can view on yer tv while watching the CBS broadcast. In that case Belicheat has none of those qualities either. Gimme a break, ragging on coaches is so easy to do when were losing. If we win the next 5 games no one will be making these fire Jauron threads anymore.

Comment

• I Hate Aqua Green
                    • Aug 2006

MARTY BALL...IMMEDIATELY!

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
                      So how many of you have actually played for Jauron again? Those qualities are not something you can view on yer tv while watching the CBS broadcast. In that case Belicheat has none of those qualities either. Gimme a break, ragging on coaches is so easy to do when were losing. If we win the next 5 games no one will be making these fire Jauron threads anymore.
                      I will. The guy's proven he's not good enough- he did it in Chicago and he's doing it again here. If the team wins the next 5 games, it will be in spite of Jauron and not because of him. Even Mularkey had us on a 7 game win streak in 04 and we all know he's a complete moron.]

Oh, BTW, two of the losses can be attributed DIRECTLY to bad coaching decisions. So Jauron deserves to be ragged on- he's not some innocent victim who's taking the fallout for losses. He's the reason for most of them.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

I will. The guy's proven he's not good enough- he did it in Chicago and he's doing it again here. If the team wins the next 5 games, it will be in spite of Jauron and not because of him. Even Mularkey had us on a 7 game win streak in 04 and we all know he's a complete moron.]

Oh, BTW, two of the losses can be attributed DIRECTLY to bad coaching decisions. So Jauron deserves to be ragged on- he's not some innocent victim who's taking the fallout for losses. He's the reason for most of them.
                        O so if we lose its because of Jauron and if we win its in-spite of him. Hmm okay.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

O so if we lose its because of Jauron and if we win its in-spite of him. Hmm okay.
                          did you WATCH the games? Those losses WERE because of Jauron. And I don't see why you have a problem with it- the guy isn't good enough and he costs us games- if we win it's because someone else got the job done.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

did you WATCH the games? Those losses WERE because of Jauron. And I don't see why you have a problem with it- the guy isn't good enough and he costs us games- if we win it's because someone else got the job done.
                            Just like players,,, coaches mess up too,,,, look at Mike Holmgren in Seattle, the man won a Super Bowl and went to another yet he made some pretty dumb calls on sunday night. So maybe Jauron made a couple bad calls, big deal. He will learn from those and next time wont make them. Every coach has those times. The most important thing for a coach is can he put together a game plan and can he prepare a team. Jauron can do that quite well and short-handed as well.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Just like players,,, coaches mess up too,,,, look at Mike Holmgren in Seattle, the man won a Super Bowl and went to another yet he made some pretty dumb calls on sunday night. So maybe Jauron made a couple bad calls, big deal. He will learn from those and next time wont make them. Every coach has those times. The most important thing for a coach is can he put together a game plan and can he prepare a team. Jauron can do that quite well and short-handed as well.
                              The problem is that Jauron doesn't learn. Almost every game he burns a timeout early in a half and we end up not having them when we need them the most. Almost every game, he gets outcoached and fails to adjust when other coaches catch on to what we're doing and shut it down. This isn't a couple of bad games we're talking about here- it's pretty much every game this year and the majority of games last year, not to mention 4 losing seasons out of 5 in Chicago.

Some of you have very short memories. You want to make it sound like I'm ripping on the guy for one or two bad games but you fail to acknowledge that those games are part of a much larger trend of poor performance.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X