X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: Chris Chambers traded to the Chargers!

I would definetley say that Miami got the better end of that deal.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
      hahaha, how the hell can to dolphins even remotely suck?

they just got a SECOND ROUND PICK for a guy who is not even average anymore.

didn't they trade wes welker for a 3rd too? they get all these picks and continue to be worse than us. it's almost hilarious now.

they have no QB, no WR's, no OL, no defense...

Miami is to 2007 as Cincinnati is to 1993

he's tied for 18 as far as ranking wrs go in the NFL. That's more than average if you consider the team he's playing for with a lemon thowing him the rock. They are obviously stockpilling picks to rebuild in next years draft.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by raphael120
        Well he plays like he's 40.
        again , look at his stats considering he's playing a new system with a crappy team. He's one his way to having his best career performance.
        sacrifice1

Comment

• Seventeen&0
          six&10
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by jamze132
          Can we get a reaction from a Dolphin fan?

IMO, I don't know if this is going to hurt or improve SD. It looks like they may have righted their ship out there this week and now they are bringing in someone who has a questionable work ethic. It may be counter-productive for the Chargers, and it may be a blessing in disguise. Only time will tell.

OK, here's a reaction from a Dolphin fan:

YYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS

Chambers is hot and cold, very inconsistant. Outside of two year ago, where he made the Pro Bowl, he's be very medium.

It looks like we got at least a 2nd for him, so it's a total rebuild for us.

If you look at our moves so far, we've let go of guys that were overpaid and under-performed...for 7mil per year, Chambers has totally under-performed.

Also, I'm excited to see if Ginn now steps in. He's had some time to get used to the NFL and I think he's going to end up being much better than Chambers.

We are 0-6. But, as a Dolphin fan, I'm encouraged that we now have a coach and front office that wants a change. We've been settling for "OK" a long time and change is welcome. We will have a LOT of cap space and a LOT of early draft picks in a draft that is supposed to be loaded. Tough times now, good times soon to come!

Comment

• finfan34
            • Oct 2005

we are oficially rebuilding now, next move will be j taylor, thomas, and the rest of the overpaid defense, the good thing is that we will have lots of money to spend, and a lot of draft picks, this doesnt help us for this season, but this helps us for the future.
            WARNING: THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU WATCH ONE TOO MANY GAMES IN BUFFALO!

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Seventeen&0
              OK, here's a reaction from a Dolphin fan:

YYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS

Chambers is hot and cold, very inconsistant. Outside of two year ago, where he made the Pro Bowl, he's be very medium.

It looks like we got at least a 2nd for him, so it's a total rebuild for us.

If you look at our moves so far, we've let go of guys that were overpaid and under-performed...for 7mil per year, Chambers has totally under-performed.

Also, I'm excited to see if Ginn now steps in. He's had some time to get used to the NFL and I think he's going to end up being much better than Chambers.

We are 0-6. But, as a Dolphin fan, I'm encouraged that we now have a coach and front office that wants a change. We've been settling for "OK" a long time and change is welcome. We will have a LOT of cap space and a LOT of early draft picks in a draft that is supposed to be loaded. Tough times now, good times soon to come!
              Good luck!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by finfan34
                we are oficially rebuilding now, next move will be j taylor, thomas, and the rest of the overpaid defense, the good thing is that we will have lots of money to spend, and a lot of draft picks, this doesnt help us for this season, but this helps us for the future.

amazing how you mentioned JT and Zach when you should've mentioned Porter first.
                sacrifice1

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by finfan34
                  Interesting, I have never heard anyone say Thomas and Taylor are overpaid. Do all Dolphin fans on here share your same point of view? I doubt it.

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Jaybird
                    hes making 7 million dollars, u guys want that. forget about taking him over what we have. i would take my high school starting wr crew over what we have
                    I would happily pay Chambers $7 million per year rather then paying Price and Reed $4 million each.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by EDS
                      I would happily pay Chambers $7 million per year rather then paying Price and Reed $4 million each.
                      I'd rather pay Josh Reed and Peerless Price 2 million a piece personally...Reed at least puts in a consistent effort week in, week out. Price is garbage but 4 million for a guy who gives consistent effort and can block over a 7 million dollar average receiver who at times looks like he could care less as to what's going on? Easy choice.

By the way this trade screams Norv Turner all over it. Norv doesn't get it, in SD he will win by using LT...but Norv loves the passing game and thinks he needs more WR, which in turn is gonna help implode the Chargers.

Great coaching move dump Marty for incompetence!

Comment

• STAMPY
                        Hall of Fame Zoner
                        • Sep 2003

We are guaranteed 2 Wins vs Miami now! Chambers usualyy plays good vs our secondary. I was always a fan of Chambers

Comment

• Samphin1
                          • Mar 2004

Wow. I saw this on ESPN and it honestly shocke dme. Not that Chambers is a world beate,r but he really hasn't bene part of the problem this year. I don't know what the one guy is saying about Chambers not trying against the Browns. He was wide open and Lemon just missed him. He was badly overthrown, nothing Chambers could do.

Chambers is a middle of the road number 1. He has a great season two years ago when Sage Rosenfels and Gus Frerotte threw him the ball, but other than that, he has never broeknt he 1,000 barrier. He is usually a TD machine but the last two season have pretty much been barren in that department.

Honestly, I think this move was made to help Miami's defense. How you say? Because they aren't going to be able to get any real value for JT and Zach at the end of this season and they have to replace virtually every position on that side of the ball. Stockpiling picks (espeically first day picks) allows them to hopefulyl pick up another imapct player for that side of the ball.

Say what you want about Mueller/Cameron (lord knows I have said a bunch...) but they seemed to have hit on some draft picks and right the ship on offense this year. Ronnie Brown is in the top three in rushing and is leading the league in yards from scrimmage. The o-line is anchored by a rookie center, a young LT in Carey and a resurgant RG in Rex Hadnot. That leaves three less holes to fill from last year to this. I assume we aren't that far off from seeing John Beck in the starting lineup either.

Remember, Cleo Lemon is an UFA after this year and will most likely be gone, so we will need to see if we have anything in John Beck. Look for him after the London game. And this move here, allows for Ginn to start I am assuming. Also look for Derek Hagan to get more playing time as well.

What this doesn't look good for is Marty Booker. One would have to assume that he is gone after this season as well.

Another point to make is that we may not know the whole story yet. Chambers may have asked to be traded out of frustration.

I don't know. Obviously as a Dolphins fan, it has been a rough year for us. Looking towards the future is all we really have right now. The one positive is that I trust the GM with the draft picks and am excited to see Ginn finally get some quality time on offense.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                            • Mar 2005

I am surprised by this move but have no problem with it whatsoever

Comment

• Mike13
                              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              Booker.

Dangit, I would've wanted Chambers opposite Evans. Looks like we'll have to draft one next year.
                              No one trades with a rival without a good reason.

I personally think its a win-win trade.

While it hurts our Offense now, it is a good trade long term wise, a second rounder and some decent cap space.

Ginn and Hagan will get more time now, Booker should be the no.1 now.

Meanwhile the Chargers get a talented, although an under achieving WR.

Is it the players or is it the coaches? Seems to me the entire team gave up on Cam especially their D. The vets don't seem to be buying into his system.
                              Its Capers' system.
                              I think he is part of the problem.

[QUOTE]
                              hahaha, how the hell can to dolphins even remotely suck?

they just got a SECOND ROUND PICK for a guy who is not even average anymore.

didn't they trade wes welker for a 3rd too? they get all these picks and continue to be worse than us. it's almost hilarious now.

they have no QB, no WR's, no OL, no defense...

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                                • Mar 2004

Too bad Chambers has to go because he's a real stand up guy, even with the recent trouble with the draw (which he was only charged with reckless driving.) He only missed two games when he played and was a really good WR but just couldn't get up to the great status. I really hope that Chambers lights it up for the Chargers because he's the type of player that has been fun to root for. It seems like he did pretty good with Norv Turner and we'll see if he can produce with a good QB. IMO I think any negative play has been the result of sub par QBs, a new offense every other year, and maybe his own play itself (if that makes any sense.)

As far as the trade--getting a 2nd rounder for a guy that cost us a 2nd round 7 years ago isn't too shabby IMO. We have plenty of holes and we'll need all of the picks we can get. It's time to suffer the rebuild with these type of moves as opposed to band aid fixes that have gotten the team where it is now.

In regards to the current WRs--Booker has been solid, he isn't getting any younger but he's always been very solid and was starting to really turn it up towards the end of the season last year. Hagan I has some upside, just needs to work on his dropsies. Ginn it seems is finally starting to "get it" and I'm not even talking about his return game. More and more I think they're really going to use him to stretch the field and make those plays that FunTimesYay brought up before that Chambers wasn't able to make---the long ball that needs speed to make the connection. One of his receptions this past week was a good decision on Ginn's part where he had to buy time for his QB and come back to it. As far as the return game--each week he's starting to really improve. He's had some great returns that have been called back due to stupid penalties that had nothing to do with his success in said return. I just re-watched his 96 yard return td that was called back and was very impressed when he hit traffic and THEN instantly turned on the jets and flew by everybody in a second it seemed. Might as well count Ronnie Brown as a WR since he's been really involved in the passing game and gaining quite a few reception yards (currently at 356 yards, a long of 40 and 1 TD reception; last year he had a total of 276 yards for the whole season.) He's really starting to have his best season yet--4 straight 100 yard rushing games coming in at a total of 526 yards, an average of 5.2 yards and 4 rushing TDs (5 including the receiving TD.) And it seems like Miami's o-line is really coming together and especially a lot cheaper too *cough*.

All in all it's too bad to see Chambers go, but I wish him nothing but success with the Chargers and hopefully the 2nd round pick will be put to good use. I really need to check NFL.com to see if they have highlights of Chambers game against the Bills when he had his 232 yard game with the game winning TD at the end--THAT was some performance!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X