• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Chris Chambers traded to the Chargers!

The San Diego Chargers, looking for more offensive firepower, acquired wide receiver Chris Chambers from the Miami Dolphins, sources told ESPN.com's John Clayton.

Terms of the deal weren't immediately known, but the Dolphins and Chargers are expected to make an announcement before the NFL trading deadline closes at 4 p.m. ET.
    The San Diego Chargers, looking for more offensive firepower, acquired wide receiver Chris Chambers from the Miami Dolphins.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: Chris Chambers traded to the Chargers!

Who do the fins have at WR apart Ginn?
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

Good move by the Fish.

After watching Sunday's game, Chambers is a shell of what he used to be. Lackidasical effort to the long ball constantly. Not that Lemon's throws were on the mark but some effort by Chambers and a couple of them coulda been caught.

Plus, after seeing what Ginn can do it makes sense to start plugging him in on the offense.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

wow. Looks like they are ready to unleash Ginn in the O.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
          Who do the fins have at WR apart Ginn?
          Booker.

Dangit, I would've wanted Chambers opposite Evans. Looks like we'll have to draft one next year.
          sacrifice1

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

After watching Chambers lackluster effort vs Cleveland, I'd want no part of the guy.

They also have some guy named Haggan, who I had no clue who he was til Sunday. He looked better than Chambers btw even if the stats say otherwise. It seemed like every other play was a throw to Chambers who half assed every route, play, catch.

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Looks like one of our resident fin fans will have to find a new user name (again).
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• circlethewagons
                • Dec 2005

wow, im a little surprised they moved him- but i think its a good move, depending on what they got for him- hes getting older and they used a top 10 pick on ginn, so why not unload some players and build for the future when ur not going anywhere this season.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                  After watching Chambers lackluster effort vs Cleveland, I'd want no part of the guy.

They also have some guy named Haggan, who I had no clue who he was til Sunday. He looked better than Chambers btw even if the stats say otherwise. It seemed like every other play was a throw to Chambers who half assed every route, play, catch.
                  Is it the players or is it the coaches? Seems to me the entire team gave up on Cam especially their D. The vets don't seem to be buying into his system.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• Jaybird
                    • Dec 2005

he was making over 7 mill this season. hes never put together a full season, he doesnt always show up. i wouldnt want him.

Comment

• streetkings01
                      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Jaybird
                      he was making over 7 mill this season. hes never put together a full season, he doesnt always show up. i wouldnt want him.
                      I'll take him over Price, Reed, Aiken, and Parrish any day!
                      You can call me streetkings

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jaybird
                        in his defense he's never had a decent qb throwing to him. He's not gonna stretch the ball as deep as Evans can but he's good for 20-30 yds deep with Parrish and Reed playing the slot.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          Is it the players or is it the coaches? Seems to me the entire team gave up on Cam especially their D. The vets don't seem to be buying into his system.
                          Their D is just old and slow now...outside of Jason Taylor who played a good game i couldn't see anyone on that defense that actually looked good. I can't tell if that's system or just the players aren't what they used to be. I can't even tell you one guy in their secondary and I watched the whole game.

Offensively, Ronnie Brown had a good game and Cleo Lemon after a despicable first half came out on fire in the third quarter. Ted Ginn returned a kick for a TD, which was called back due to penalty and had a nice 30ish yard catch on a broken play that Lemon scrambled around to buy time. The bright spot for fin fans is that Ginn actually worked himself into a position back to the QB and across to the side of the field where Lemon was running to. A play like that shows that Ginn might actually "get it."

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                            Their D is just old and slow now...outside of Jason Taylor who played a good game i couldn't see anyone on that defense that actually looked good. I can't tell if that's system or just the players aren't what they used to be. I can't even tell you one guy in their secondary and I watched the whole game.

Offensively, Ronnie Brown had a good game and Cleo Lemon after a despicable first half came out on fire in the third quarter. Ted Ginn returned a kick for a TD, which was called back due to penalty and had a nice 30ish yard catch on a broken play that Lemon scrambled around to buy time. The bright spot for fin fans is that Ginn actually worked himself into a position back to the QB and across to the side of the field where Lemon was running to. A play like that shows that Ginn might actually "get it."
                            you just don't drop from 4th to 30 in one offseason without a change in the system. I take it back, we did under Gray.

Oh well, who cares ? It's the fins.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• Jaybird
                              • Dec 2005

hes making 7 million dollars, u guys want that. forget about taking him over what we have. i would take my high school starting wr crew over what we have

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍