Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People please

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

People please

Edwards was not named the starter...but is "Starting" for the Ravens game. It may mean JP is not ready medically. I will say if Edwards shines it will be hard to justify Jp reclaiming his job to the fans. Edwards will have to complete 5 or 10 passes over 5 or 10 yards for me to be convinced. The coaches now have all the "Outs" in the world......if either faulters or shines. IF he does great the coach will take credit for having the forsight to make the switch...if he suck the coaches will say...." Well JP was not ready to come back from his injury and we wanted to make sure we didnt rush him back...blah blah...you will see..... The worst news on this is not that Edwards is starting for Ravens but who made this call?...if it is Faichild it is a CYA move IMHO...if it is Ralph we are certainly doomed...is it Jaron who eluded to wait for practice to see what was what....he might of just saw JP was not medically ready but now has a great reason to use one more week to evaluate T Edwards. I will say it makes me want to watch BB football again to see what happens......

Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: People please

I agree

Thanks
    Thanked 12,493 Times in 7,332 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So JP was lying in his radio interview yesterday when he said he's ready to go?

Please people. The Bills were never sold on JP. He was not thier guy. Thats why they drafted Trent. JP had to play his ass off to keep his job and didn't . Stop being delusional.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

As soon as Marv and Jauron came here they were ready to replace Losman. Getting Edwards and the praise they had for him tells me that this was a forgone conclusion.

Wilson having a say in the decision tells me that he doesn't even want to have any QB controversy that he might need to write a check for.

JP is done in Buffalo after just 2 games in 2007?! Was JP ever going to keep his job this year?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE
    JP is done in Buffalo after just 2 games in 2007?! Was JP ever going to keep his job this year?
    Like Novacane said, he had to play his ass off. His first two games weren't good enough. People use play calling as an excuse, but his job was to do well within those limitations. He didn't. If a QB can do well only in certain systems, then he's not a franchise QB.
    And with the threat of exactly this looming over his shoulder, he folded.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Like Ive said all along I dont care who the QB is as long as we are playcalling to their strengths and NOT HOLDING BACK! They need to let whomever it is PLAY

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Philagape
    Like Novacane said, he had to play his ass off. His first two games weren't good enough. People use play calling as an excuse, but his job was to do well within those limitations. He didn't. I.
    not according to the players and coaches. NO offense but I'd take what they say over what you think happened. They know what calls were called in and know which players did what more than we do

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks....but I dont know about your point...most players will say they are ready before they are.I really believe they drafted him because he was thier highest rated player and K Holcomb and Craig Nail were not going to cut it in case JP got hurt. The other reason is if JP would be unreasonable in contract demands they would have a fall back. It would seem they were wiser then we gave them credit for....... for making the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane

Please people. The Bills were never sold on JP. He was not thier guy. Thats why they drafted Trent. JP had to play his ass off to keep his job and didn't . Stop being delusional.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

sticking with one qb would be the logical thing to do, therefore i fully expect tricky dick to put jp in at some point

Senior Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane

they want to believe that he isn't starting because he is still hurt

what he said makes no difference

it's what they want to believe that is important

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Like Novacane said, he had to play his ass off. His first two games weren't good enough. People use play calling as an excuse, but his job was to do well within those limitations. He didn't. If a QB can do well only in certain systems, then he's not a franchise QB.
    And with the threat of exactly this looming over his shoulder, he folded.
    So by this standard D Brees should have also been benched allong with half of the QB's who's offense blowed with more talent allong the same time frame?...I dont know about that idea.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

the qb controversy and qb shuffle seem to be the new fads in the nfl. in the next year or two the definition of a starter is going to have to be redefined

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan
    not according to the players and coaches. NO offense but I'd take what they say over what you think happened. They know what calls were called in and know which players did what more than we do
    So his job wasn't to do well?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsIN05
    Like Ive said all along I dont care who the QB is as long as we are playcalling to their strengths and NOT HOLDING BACK! They need to let whomever it is PLAY
    This is the biggest reason why I am cutting JP slack. Those games were horrid as far as plays called....even when T Edwards was playing....nobody calls a pass that close to the enzone when you could be up by 2 scores by punching it in ....horrid. Especially with M Lynch running like he was.....

Hate fairchild.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by acehole
    So by this standard D Brees should have also been benched allong with half of the QB's who's offense blowed with more talent allong the same time frame?...I dont know about that idea.
    When the Chargers drafted Rivers, that lit a fire under Brees and he responded. And they ended up letting him go.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,676 Times in 17,518 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'll give the coaches the benefit of the doubt regarding the comments about them being biased against Losman. The 'open' competition for the starting job last year was heavily slanted in JP's favor, and if they, at least at that time, didn't believe JP had potential it would have been rigged differently and Kelly Holcomb would've started the season on the field instead of on the bench.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So his job wasn't to do well?
    It's the job of the coaches to put the qb's in a situation to do well. It's usually common sense Phil. Now if the coaches calls in bad plays , naturally the player will look bad. Kinda like the last few plays against the Cowboys when Fewell put the D in a bad situation when he called in the wrong scheme that he later admitted and apologized for.

So it's the same thing with the OC. He calls in a bad play , then the O looks bad. Simple enough?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

When the Chargers drafted Rivers, that lit a fire under Brees and he responded. And they ended up letting him go.
    Huge difference. Brees has been with the same OL and JP has a new Ol with a crappy OC(as you have admitted) calling in the plays. Apples and oranges Phil.

Senior Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

then you really have no opinion

you just defer to what the coaches and players say 100% of the time

let me ask you this ...if a player plays like crap and says afterwards....i really didn't have a bad game

do you then react by saying to yourself...he must be right because I don't know anything and he does so I must have been seeing things

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's the job of the coaches to put the qb's in a situation to do well. It's usually common sense Phil. Now if the coaches calls in bad plays , naturally the player will look bad. Kinda like the last few plays against the Cowboys when Fewell put the D in a bad situation when he called in the wrong scheme that he later admitted and apologized for.

So it's the same thing with the OC. He calls in a bad play , then the O looks bad. Simple enough?
    But they have more info so they're more credible.

JP requires too much to do well (just like Bledsoe). He's too high-maintenance. All the stars have to be aligned right.