X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Pat's Morris out for Month

The Patriots flexed their muscles in Dallas on Sunday but also came out limping, leaving a potential void at the running back position this week against the Dolphins.

Morris

The victory -- the unbeaten Patriots' first at Texas Stadium in five tries -- came despite having both tight end Benjamin Watson (ankle) and running back Sammy Morris (chest) leave the game with injuries.
    Coach Bill Belichick had no updates on either player's condition Monday, but a source told the Boston Herald that Morris will miss Sunday's game against Miami and could be out a month.
    The source told the newspaper that Morris injured the bone connecting the sternum to the clavicle. The running back left Texas Stadium in a sling and reportedly is in excruciating pain.
    Morris, a former Dolphin, made his third straight start in place of Laurence Maroney, who is out with a groin injury. In the first two games, he passed 100 yards rushing and has three touchdown runs this year.
    With third down running back Kevin Faulk getting the bulk of the carries, the Patriots rushed for a season-low 75 yards. Brady compensated by throwing for 388 yards, his career high in a non-overtime game.
    Maroney ran before the Cowboys game, doing some cuts, but did not play even though Morris left the game. Maroney might return this week.

The Patriots flexed their muscles in Dallas on Sunday but also came out limping, leaving a potential void at the running back position this week against the Dolphins.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: Pat's Morris out for Month

at title

Sorry, couldn't help that.

I hope he'll be ok. I thought they just bruised him when he went down, but then when he wasn't getting back up I figured maybe a cracked rib or two. Damn!
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Mike13
      • Aug 2005

We'll still get ran on.

Comment

• G. Host
        Banned
        • Jul 2002

Sorry for Morris.

Brady compensated by throwing for 388 yards, his career high in a non-overtime game.

This really surprised me. Maybe because they were never in a shootout they could win and never tried just throwing the ball?

Comment

• LtFinFan66
          • Mar 2005

It won't matter who runs against us

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

They said on ESPN this morning Maroney was expected to play.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

He's not 100% yet, either. I guess Billicheat doesn't care if the injury is on either team.
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
              X