X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Another QB Thread...

Sorry for yet another QB thread, but this was on my mind.

Why not give TE the same benifit of the doubt Losman had? Some people seem critical of him in areas they would have given Losman a pass to last year.

And why bash Losman like he is the next coming of Rob Johnson? He tried, he didn't succeed. He has been good to the city, good to the fans. It just didn't work out for him.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Another QB Thread...

Comment

• Inetpub
      i'm a tool
      • Aug 2006

Because Losman is only a 4th year rookie. Until he hits the magic 200 game point, he'll still only be a rookie. Didnt you know that?
      That proves NOTHING about Losman

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

I really don't think this is about JP anymore, the coaches trust Edwards. They would not have given JP a no huddle offense to run, ever.

Comment

• Romes
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Inetpub
          Because Losman is only a 4th year rookie. Until he hits the magic 200 game point, he'll still only be a rookie. Didnt you know that?
          I can't help but think this type of post is a slight at Losman or a jab at people that supported him last year. Am I wrong?
          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Romes
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
            I really don't think this is about JP anymore, the coaches trust Edwards. They would not have given JP a no huddle offense to run, ever.
            They clearly see Edwards fitting into/handling the system better than Losman.
            RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Romes
              They clearly see Edwards fitting into/handling the system better than Losman.
              It's so obvious, it's sickening.

Comment

• Romes
                • Jul 2002

It's so obvious, it's sickening.
                not sickening, it just doesn't leave much up for debate.
                RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

not sickening, it just doesn't leave much up for debate.
                  We'll have plenty of debate until the Bills are above .500.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

JP won 2 games last year running a no huddle and 2 minute drill. The only reason why we ran it yesterday is because some other team came up with the idea and Fairchild not having the ability to come up with a great idea by himself , copied that other team.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      idiotic statement considering JP won 2 games last year running a no huddle and 2 minute drill. The only reason why we ran it yesterday is because some other team came up with the idea and Fairchild not having the ability to come up with a great idea by himself , copied that other team.
                      What I meant is this season there is no way JP runs a no huddle, even if he was in there. The coaching staff has little faith in him, henceforth TE starting. I know he ran it last year but in general we sucked last year so no credit given. Us sucking also brought us our new RB and QB so in the long run it's a good thing.

Comment

• Bufftp
                        Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Edwards stellar QB rating has given me hope!

Actually I don't think it's the QB- but the O-Co-ordinator, the play calling, this "system", and neither QB has had a fair shake playing for/in it.
                        Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                        "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                        Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                        - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                        to be led by permanent ideals -
                        that is what keeps a man patient
                        when the world ignores him,
                        and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

Sorry for yet another QB thread, but this was on my mind.

Why not give TE the same benifit of the doubt Losman had? Some people seem critical of him in areas they would have given Losman a pass to last year.

And why bash Losman like he is the next coming of Rob Johnson? He tried, he didn't succeed. He has been good to the city, good to the fans. It just didn't work out for him.
                          I gave Losman too much of a pass at times, other times after a loss I'd be hypercritical and I don't want to go through the same thing with Edwards. I'm trying to be more objective this time around, it's nothing personal. Trent has looked good for a rookie but if he were a 3rd-4th year veteran like Losman is then I'd be screaming for him to be benched. So to put this in perspective, as a rookie QB Trent Edwards looks fantastic but in comparison to a veteran QB he looks sub average, imo.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

What I meant is this season there is no way JP runs a no huddle, even if he was in there. The coaching staff has little faith in him, henceforth TE starting. I know he ran it last year but in general we sucked last year so no credit given. Us sucking also brought us our new RB and QB so in the long run it's a good thing.
                            TE is in there for different reasons. Not having faith in JP is your opinion. Besides, it's a good thing TE has a good head on his shoulder because he's making Fairchild look better with short passes. Fairchild supposedly knows the deep ball game. He couldn't hold Gilbrides jockstrap.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Romes
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              TE is in there for different reasons. Not having faith in JP is your opinion. Besides, it's a good thing TE has a good head on his shoulder because he's making Fairchild look better with short passes. Fairchild supposedly knows the deep ball game. He couldn't hold Gilbrides jockstrap.
                              I agree I don't think its an issue of faith, i think TE just fits their idea of a QB better.

But if they wanted a "dink and dunk" they could have gone with Holcomb instead of Losman last year. don't forget the deep game did have some success that year. I think its more a matter of making quick reads. Losman still tries to make too much out of nothing sometimes.
                              RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

Working...
                              X