Thread: did anyone notice our long snapper on D?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

did anyone notice our long snapper on D?

So, we have turned into the 2005 patriots. we will use any body in any position at this point. Neil was playing DL on a critical 3rd down play. luckily he broke up the play and all is good in billsnation.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: did anyone notice our long snapper on D?

if I remember correctly, he is a DE as well as the Long snapper.... however he's been concentrating on long snapping.
    2008-2009 BZHL Champion!
    2008 Pro Football Pick 'em Champion!
    2008 Survival Football Co-Champion!
    2006-2007 3 Star Pick 'em Champion!

Thanks
    Thanked 26,401 Times in 13,787 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

in fact, when Denney and that guy we signed who played in one pre season game (I want to say Wallace but I can't remember) got injured, the coaches chose to keep Neill over the long snapper we had last year because he can play DE as well. It's yet another example of keeping a guy for ST who can't really play a real position, but when we had 2 injuries and a suspension at the DE position, there aren't a whole lot of other options.

The only reason he was in on D is because Denney's still out and Kelsay got injured.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

he's a DE who also happens to be able to long snap

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well, I'm glad they kept Neill. From what I can remember, our former long snapper (his name is escaping me right now), was only that, a long snapper. If he was still here, who would have been playing DE on that play???
    Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Neil has been a pleasant surprise, i like him last yr when he spent the whole time on our PS, he was a high energy guy in the preseason and came from a great program at Rutgers, he serves more of a purpose being able to play 4 postions on ST and even able to spell plays at DE on rotations basis, (he plays KO, KR, P and PR) i like this kid and he plays hard thats all u can ask, plus he is not looked at as a roster exemption for ST only, offers more than Schneck even thou Schneck is a master of his craft as a LS, Neil is alot more diverse helps the team more and opens a roster spot for that extra DB or WR

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Kelsay got injured? I'm also tired of seeing a 320 lb DT in Jason Jefferson line up at DE too.

Schobel was invisible out there except on that pass to Boller. I guess he WAS going against Ogden though.

Registered User circlethewagons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Neil has been used quite frequently earlier in the season when we didnt have Hargrove- and i could stand it- he cant get any pash rush what so ever- however i have to give him credit, he made a good play on coverage that could have been a decent gain. Once Denny is finally able to play, i doubt well be seeing much of him on D

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thumbs up Re: did anyone notice our long snapper on D?

There is a photo of that play on Baltimore Sun site:

I thought it was a good play by him and posted a thread with Aaron's and his photos.

Oh and Denney might not be ready so we might see more of our long snapper on defense against Jets.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

As jerhwt stated, he is concentrating on his longsnapping, but Neil was a starting DE in college.That's one reason why the Bills retained him. He's a little bigger than the guy he replaced, and if he has to do some blocking, he won't be ass likely to be crushed, but he can play a little at DE if need be.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,934 Times in 3,556 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    in fact, when Denney and that guy we signed who played in one pre season game (I want to say Wallace but I can't remember) got injured, the coaches chose to keep Neill over the long snapper we had last year because he can play DE as well. It's yet another example of keeping a guy for ST who can't really play a real position, but when we had 2 injuries and a suspension at the DE position, there aren't a whole lot of other options.

The only reason he was in on D is because Denney's still out and Kelsay got injured.
    Either way, Schneck and Neil only serve one purpose on this team so I don't see it as a big deal. Neil is cheaper, hence the reason he is here to hike the ball to Moorman.