Thread: Does anyone disagree??

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Does anyone disagree??

I have been reading alot of the posts about Edwards taking the place of J.P and it seems everyone is in agreement of the move.. Have we turned a corner here at BZ? Personally I love the move and I love Edwards I was just shocked that everyone felt the same way. Its kinda like the twilight zone...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 621 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Does anyone disagree??

Sure... There are many of us who disagree with the decision... But we are Bills fans 1st.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i have said all along that i will support whoever is our starting QB.
    i'm glad the FO made an official announcement.
    No more controversy.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

there's no way i would put money down that trent starts every game. i don't believe anything that comes out of dick's mouth anymore. if there's one thing this organization is good at is being indecisive.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,585 Times in 17,461 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

And the journey takes yet another unexpected turn. Let's see how far down the path we go on this one, and where it leads us to.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Wys Guy

Quote Originally Posted by TheWingHead
    I have been reading alot of the posts about Edwards taking the place of J.P and it seems everyone is in agreement of the move.. Have we turned a corner here at BZ? Personally I love the move and I love Edwards I was just shocked that everyone felt the same way. Its kinda like the twilight zone...
    Plusses:

JP wasn't doing much.

Edwards is a fresh start.

Cons:

They pulled the plug on JP a little fast. Most QBs get three-plus seasons. He had one broken one and last year. I believe he's had only 26 starts.

Say what you want about Losman, he didn't make many mistakes/TOs. I'm not getting that impression with Edwards.

This introduces further continuity issues when the Bills are loaded with them.

What kind of message does this send to the players in terms of continuity, not to mention how long players have here?

If Edwards does not offer promise, then a hole that we thought could not possibly be any deeper all of a sudden gets deeper and the next three years even more bleak.

Neutral Facts or Points-of-Note:

Edwards is the Ivy League Dynamic Duo's guy, so there are no excuses now.

If we judge Edwards by the same standards, he'll have through the end of next season max to prove something or be subject to the wrath of y'all.

If this team is going to avoid about the only thing worse than where it is now, Edwards will have to show something by season's end. Finishing with 5 TDs and 17 INTs just ain't gonna cut it. He's presently on pace for about 4 TDs/14 INTs.

Opposite of JP who needed to hone his short game to succeed, yet failed, Edwards will have to find his medium-to-deep game if he is going to do much on this team. Throwing for 80% while going 2-for-10 on 3rd-down conversions may look great on paper, but on the grid-iron it's useless. Yes, he threw a few longer passes this past week, but they weren't all accurate. He looked a little shaky on some.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I see no reason for Jauron to tell press at all anything unless required by NFL explicty. Bellychick lies all the time to get advantage and league did nothing until he was caught with camera and then did it after a delay and without cost of a game.

Seems that is the rule in NEW NFL and Bills need to adapt.

Wys Guy

That's a good point.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by draz54
    Sure... There are many of us who disagree with the decision... But we are Bills fans 1st.
    EXACTLY!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 853 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by draz54

couldnt say it better myself of course i want edwards to suceed but i just think hes what some are deluding themselves too.

sad we play 3 pretty bad teams. and he can perform pedestrian like the last few weeks. and be given credit.

life goes on.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kinigirly
    i don't believe anything that comes out of dick's mouth anymore.
    " I'll take Freudian Slip for $800, Alex. "
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I happen to like both guys as QBs so I have officially pulled out of any debate on the rightness or wrongness of the decision to start Edwards.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Wys Guy

If this team is going to avoid about the only thing worse than where it is now, Edwards will have to show something by season's end. Finishing with 5 TDs and 17 INTs just ain't gonna cut it. He's presently on pace for about 4 TDs/14 INTs.
    Well said. This is my biggest concern. And knowing this FO the way we do, he'll prolly be gone after 20 or so starts, too. They really make your head spin with the musical QB crap.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!