• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Re: NE running up the score

Hardly surprising coming from Belicheat and the Cheatriots.

Comment

• ajsdx
      • Aug 2003

I agree it's kind of a damned whatever you do situation, but passing from the shotgun in the fourth quarter did seem a little unnecessary.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

The truth is, Belichick is proving that's he's a classless ******* and is trying to get back at the whole league for catching him cheating. I hope karma gets him, but i doubt it.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

The Pats are obviously playing with a huge chip on their shoulder this year due to the tapes and accusations of cheating. When you completely destroy any team you play, outisde of the Browns-had to plug them here, you're basically proving that you have no peer. If the Pats come out next weekend and beat the Colts to the tune of 2 scores or more, people are either gonna realize they're a great team or they're getting away with their cheating.

This is the NFL. Every team is supposed to be talented. You don't like that you're getting trounced by 38 points, maybe you should decide to show some heart and spine and stop them. Just a thought.

And the last TD drive was executed by Cassel. I see nothing wrong with him throwing it around and gaining some experience. He has to develop somehow in case Brady ever did get hurt. Experience helps.

Comment

• cocamide
            • Oct 2006

I hate the Patriots, but this is professional sports, not little league. You play for 60 minutes, 16 times during the regular season. Why shouldn't a team put forth 100% for all of those minutes? Twice now, we've seen what happens when you beat a team for 99% of the time. That said, I do think the Patriots are a bunch of smug *****s, and I hope they get their ass handed to them, but unfortunately, I don't see it happening. I think they'll "run up the score" on Indy this week. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Cntrygal
              oh... and SAN DIEGO is the Chargers - not Texans.
              The Texans were the team that was scored on, and it would have had to been the Patriots getting scored on like the Texans....

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                Most of the people *****ing about running up the score and non-classy players have never played a down in their life and have no clue what their talking about.
                Yeah im sure your 2 years of JV football in HS made you so qualified, and me a dumbass for saying this. I played football. I also played a D1 sport in college. I know a thing or two about competetive nature. I also know it doesnt take an athlete to see a team running up the score. Going for it on 4th and 2 with a 38 point lead and 7 mins? Thats like playing a full court press with 5 mins to go and a 20 point lead in basketball. Its just purely uncalled for...

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                  The truth is, Belichick is proving that's he's a classless ******* and is trying to get back at the whole league for catching him cheating. I hope karma gets him, but i doubt it.
                  Bingo! I don't lilke Belichick, but I'm not going to waste a whole lot of emotion on him. Like you, I hope he gets embarrassed and discredited at some point, but I'm not going to wring my hands waiting for it to happen.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                    Roways rooking ahread!
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                    Anyone flip over to the NE game at all and notice the Pats with a 38-0 lead in the 4th with Brady still running out of the shotgun? They even had the nerve to go for a 4th and 2 on the Wash 12 with like 7 mins left. Then when they scored their last TD, they spiked the ball and celebrated like it was the first one all game. Although ive always hated the Pats, I always respected them as a team and what theyve been able to do. With all the crap going on with them early in the season, and a few occasions of running up the score, Ive lost all respect and its just turned into a pure hatred!
                    I turned and watched on a TV behind me and thought, WTF is Brady still in there up 38-0?? It will end up biting the pats in the ass if a team that has nothing to lose takes out Brady, the coach will look like a A-hole. Oh wait he already does, move on.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                      • Jul 2003

The 49ers beat Denver in the SB 55-10.

The Bears beat the Pats in the SB 46-10.

The Cowboys beat the Bills in the SB 52-17.

The Giants beat the 49ers in the playoffs 49-3.

Gibbs and his Redskins beat the Rams in the playoffs 51-7.

The Bears won the title 73-0.

It is true the Pats are not calling off the dogs this year. They are playing to dominate teams. I'm not sure of the reason, although the whole spygate controversy is probably a big part of it, but it is what they are doing and teams will have to deal with it.

Someday the tables will turn and the Pats will get theirs back. It is the way it works, but keep the crying and *****ing out of it. It's just a game, played by professionals. Nobody needs to feel sorry for anyone.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                        • Sep 2003

Mark my words, this will happen, Brady will drop back and heave a bomb down the field attempting to score a TD that will put them up by say 42 points in the 4th and some d-lineman will level him with a vicious late hit that will seperate his shoulder! Yes the flag will fly and the player will be fined and every player on that team will donate! Brady will be out 4-6 weeks!

Comment

• Mike13
                          • Aug 2005

Belicheat running up the score?

Discover the latest breaking news in the U.S. and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.

It sounds like something that he would do, but I don't think he's been running up the score.
                          Last edited by Michael82; 10-29-2007, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                            The Texans were the team that was scored on, and it would have had to been the Patriots getting scored on like the Texans....
                            How about the Colts? Are they classless?

- In 2003, they beat a dreadful New Orleans Saints team 55-21.

- In the 2003 playoffs, they crushed Denver 41-10.

- In 2004, They beat a dreadful Titans team 51-24.

- In 2004, They beat a dreadful Lions team 41-9.

- In 2004, They beat a dreadful Bears team (with Craig Krenzel starting at QB) 41-10.

- In 2004, They beat a dreadful Texans team 49-10.

- In the 2004 playoffs, they crushed Denver again 49-24.

However, Tony Dungy is too classy to run up the score against an obviously over-matched opponent, right? Maybe he thought there was a homosexual on the other team.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
                              Mark my words, this will happen, Brady will drop back and heave a bomb down the field attempting to score a TD that will put them up by say 42 points in the 4th and some d-lineman will level him with a vicious late hit that will seperate his shoulder! Yes the flag will fly and the player will be fined and every player on that team will donate! Brady will be out 4-6 weeks!
                              I doubt it. How often have you seen this happen in NFL history?

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by NE39
                                How about the Colts? Are they classless?

- In 2003, they beat a dreadful New Orleans Saints team 55-21.

- In the 2003 playoffs, they crushed Denver 41-10.

- In 2004, They beat a dreadful Titans team 51-24.

- In 2004, They beat a dreadful Lions team 41-9.

- In 2004, They beat a dreadful Bears team (with Craig Krenzel starting at QB) 41-10.

- In 2004, They beat a dreadful Texans team 49-10.

- In the 2004 playoffs, they crushed Denver again 49-24.

However, Tony Dungy is too classy to run up the score against an obviously over-matched opponent, right? Maybe he thought there was a homosexual on the other team.
                                To continue to play, and have high scoring is one thing. But to GO FOR A 4 AND 2 up 38 points with 7 minutes left like youre desperate for points is just plain disrespectful. Youre missing the whole point.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍