Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NE running up the score

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: NE running up the score

Mark my words, this will happen, Brady will drop back and heave a bomb down the field attempting to score a TD that will put them up by say 42 points in the 4th and some d-lineman will level him with a vicious late hit that will seperate his shoulder! Yes the flag will fly and the player will be fined and every player on that team will donate! Brady will be out 4-6 weeks!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,070 Times in 2,006 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Belicheat running up the score?

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/...-some-class-s/

It sounds like something that he would do, but I don't think he's been running up the score.
    Last edited by Michael82; 10-29-2007 at 09:17 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingDutchman
    The Texans were the team that was scored on, and it would have had to been the Patriots getting scored on like the Texans....
    How about the Colts? Are they classless?

- In 2003, they beat a dreadful New Orleans Saints team 55-21.

- In the 2003 playoffs, they crushed Denver 41-10.

- In 2004, They beat a dreadful Titans team 51-24.

- In 2004, They beat a dreadful Lions team 41-9.

- In 2004, They beat a dreadful Bears team (with Craig Krenzel starting at QB) 41-10.

- In 2004, They beat a dreadful Texans team 49-10.

- In the 2004 playoffs, they crushed Denver again 49-24.

However, Tony Dungy is too classy to run up the score against an obviously over-matched opponent, right? Maybe he thought there was a homosexual on the other team.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by alohabillsfan
    Mark my words, this will happen, Brady will drop back and heave a bomb down the field attempting to score a TD that will put them up by say 42 points in the 4th and some d-lineman will level him with a vicious late hit that will seperate his shoulder! Yes the flag will fly and the player will be fined and every player on that team will donate! Brady will be out 4-6 weeks!
    I doubt it. How often have you seen this happen in NFL history?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by NE39
    How about the Colts? Are they classless?

- In 2003, they beat a dreadful New Orleans Saints team 55-21.

- In the 2003 playoffs, they crushed Denver 41-10.

- In 2004, They beat a dreadful Titans team 51-24.

- In 2004, They beat a dreadful Lions team 41-9.

- In 2004, They beat a dreadful Bears team (with Craig Krenzel starting at QB) 41-10.

- In 2004, They beat a dreadful Texans team 49-10.

- In the 2004 playoffs, they crushed Denver again 49-24.

However, Tony Dungy is too classy to run up the score against an obviously over-matched opponent, right? Maybe he thought there was a homosexual on the other team.
    To continue to play, and have high scoring is one thing. But to GO FOR A 4 AND 2 up 38 points with 7 minutes left like youre desperate for points is just plain disrespectful. Youre missing the whole point.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

All they need is another Vince Wilfork.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bellichick has no class. Everyone already knows that.

Brady and the rest just do what their coach tells them. They have no spine.

**** New England. NE

Thanks
    Thanked 24,441 Times in 14,158 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Kudos to BB, Brady, and the Patriots for being able to dominate teams in such a way that they are. The rest of the league should be ashamed of the way they are giving up point to the Patriots. And what the hell is this running up the score crap? Did the NFL all the sudden institute a Mercy Rule I was not made aware of? Last time I checked if you dont want to get your ass kicked from one end of th field to the other, then sac up and stop somebody. I swear to god there is more whining on this board about what the Patriots do then by some about what the Bills do. Patriots are 8-0, never had a close game, and are by far the best team in the league. You want to shut them up? Beat them, if you cant do that then your going to get run over and Id want my team to do the exact same thing. Crying about them not having any class, give me a break. One of the classiest organizations in the league and people are going to second guess that because they got busted for cheating. So naive and ignorant. Atleast FTY and NE get it.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    One of the classiest organizations in the league

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Kudos to BB, Brady, and the Patriots for being able to dominate teams in such a way that they are. The rest of the league should be ashamed of the way they are giving up point to the Patriots. And what the hell is this running up the score crap? Did the NFL all the sudden institute a Mercy Rule I was not made aware of? Last time I checked if you dont want to get your ass kicked from one end of th field to the other, then sac up and stop somebody. I swear to god there is more whining on this board about what the Patriots do then by some about what the Bills do. Patriots are 8-0, never had a close game, and are by far the best team in the league. You want to shut them up? Beat them, if you cant do that then your going to get run over and Id want my team to do the exact same thing. Crying about them not having any class, give me a break. One of the classiest organizations in the league and people are going to second guess that because they got busted for cheating. So naive and ignorant. Atleast FTY and NE get it.
    first of all, nobody is crying and whining. This is a discussion board. It wasnt against the Bills so why would I care. Its stating a fact that there is no need for it. And there wasnt. This is a moronic post. I guess the 4th and 2 thing flew right over your head as well. They had a chance to just kick a field goal that would have put them up 41-0 at about 6 minutes left in the game. 31 other teams would have kicked the field goal. If this WAS against the Bills, you would be singing a different tune.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by EricStratton

If there is such thing as NFL karma a New England player will get dinged up at the end of a rout but I don't think there actually is.
    I would laugh my ass off if Brady would get injured for the year because we was still throwing the ball when they are up by 30 points in the 4th. I actually hope that happens.

As for running the score, Easterbrook hit the nail on the head last week.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

One of the classiest organizations in the league and people are going to second guess that because they got busted for cheating. So naive and ignorant.
    wow, read this statement again, and then ask again who's ignorant....

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

first of all, nobody is crying and whining. This is a discussion board. It wasnt against the Bills so why would I care. Its stating a fact that there is no need for it. And there wasnt. This is a moronic post. I guess the 4th and 2 thing flew right over your head as well. They had a chance to just kick a field goal that would have put them up 41-0 at about 6 minutes left in the game. 31 other teams would have kicked the field goal. If this WAS against the Bills, you would be singing a different tune.

Yes it is crying and whining, if you cant see that there is nothing I can show you to prove it. You say its a fact that there is no need for it, I think thats merely an opinion. No it didnt fly over my head, but you've also been dodging the damned if you do, damned if you dont counter point this whole thread, so until you answer that, you dont have a point. So scoring 3 more isnt running up the score but going for it on a 4th down, so the clock would keep running I remind you is? Great logic there. No it this was the Bills I would not. I defended Wilfork for his fall on Losman, I dont turn on blinders just because Im a Bills fan. Something alot of people do.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We can only hope...
    "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
    We are the Rockpile
    We are the Rockpile
    BUFF-A-LO

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

wow, read this statement again, and then ask again who's ignorant....
    Not even worth the time, go back and read my thoughts from the incident and then get back to me

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi
    Bellichick has no class. Everyone already knows that.

Brady and the rest just do what their coach tells them. They have no spine.

**** New England. NE
    Everyone hates number one. It's human nature to dislike that which is better than you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sorry guys but this is ridiculous.

Bellichek is supposed to figure out when he supposed to pull players because he's beating the other team too badly?

Give me a break.

This is such a loser argument. I've seen Bellichek show mercy on the BIlls on more than one occassion.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE
    Sorry guys but this is ridiculous.

Bellichek is supposed to figure out when he supposed to pull players because he's beating the other team too badly?

Give me a break.

This is such a loser argument. I've seen Bellichek show mercy on the BIlls on more than one occassion.
    And it's the loser mentality our team is run by. We try to be "classy" when we should be stepping on people's necks when we get even the slightest lead.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think the retribution argument is silly as well. How often does this happen?

I could see if it is a guy in the trenches, but to show me another case where a team took a cheap shot at a QB because the team was running up the score. Brady will be no more exposed to injury than he would be if the Pats were winning each week by a FG.

If Brady gets hurt, it will be part of the game. It is the NFL, guys are going to get hurt, there are no exceptions. It has nothing to do with Karma.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gr8slayer
    Again, if you don't like it go watch some fruit cake sport like soccer or basketball.

I love how football fans call soccer a "fruitcake" sport when their manly man sport consists of a bunch of mostly fat men in tights running around playing grabass.

Whatever. Go Bills.