Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NE running up the score

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: NE running up the score

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    Not even worth the time, go back and read my thoughts from the incident and then get back to me
    why? did you realize what a moronic and contradictory statement you made?

Thanks
    Thanked 24,441 Times in 14,158 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingDutchman
    why? did you realize what a moronic and contradictory statement you made?
    No you obviously dont know the context by which I was speaking when I used the words naive and ignorant. So I told you to go look at my comments about the Patriots video taping scandal so you can understand what I mean.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97 User Manuel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingDutchman
    Anyone flip over to the NE game at all and notice the Pats with a 38-0 lead in the 4th with Brady still running out of the shotgun? They even had the nerve to go for a 4th and 2 on the Wash 12 with like 7 mins left. Then when they scored their last TD, they spiked the ball and celebrated like it was the first one all game. Although ive always hated the Pats, I always respected them as a team and what theyve been able to do. With all the crap going on with them early in the season, and a few occasions of running up the score, Ive lost all respect and its just turned into a pure hatred!
    Frankly, I hate the Skins too. It was kind of nice seeing it happen to Dan Snyder...

instead of crying maybe the Skins should have tried actually stopping them.

I will admit the spike thing and going on 4-2 was a little rough though.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Lawesome97
    Frankly, I hate the Skins too. It was kind of nice seeing it happen to Dan Snyder...

instead of crying maybe the Skins should have tried actually stopping them.

I will admit the spike thing and going on 4-2 was a little rough though.
    What's funny is the fact that if it were us against the Patriots and we were up by 52 no one would have a problem with us stepping on their throats.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Belicheat running up the score?

yes, he really is that much of an *******.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No, he's one of the best coaches in NFL history and I would gladly take him any day over any coach we've ever had.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Getting back on topic, Belichick expressed pretty clearly how he feels:

I've been coaching too long," Belichick said. "I remember being on that side. When I was coaching defense it was my job to keep the score down, not theirs. When you're playing defense it's your job to stop them. It's not (the offense's) job to not score. It's like I tell the offense, what the (bleep) do you think I send you guys out there for? To punt? We have a punt team for that. That's not your job. Your job is to go out there and score points. If you come off the field and you haven't scored points you haven't done your job.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,441 Times in 14,158 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Perfectly said

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by NE39
    The 49ers beat Denver in the SB 55-10.

The Bears beat the Pats in the SB 46-10.

The Cowboys beat the Bills in the SB 52-17.

The Giants beat the 49ers in the playoffs 49-3.

Gibbs and his Redskins beat the Rams in the playoffs 51-7.

The Bears won the title 73-0.

It is true the Pats are not calling off the dogs this year. They are playing to dominate teams. I'm not sure of the reason, although the whole spygate controversy is probably a big part of it, but it is what they are doing and teams will have to deal with it.

Someday the tables will turn and the Pats will get theirs back. It is the way it works, but keep the crying and *****ing out of it. It's just a game, played by professionals. Nobody needs to feel sorry for anyone.
    Every example is of a playoff game. I'm pretty sure Kosar played in the Dallas game. I guess they can do what they want, but playing your starters that deep into blowouts WILL come back to bite you and I think sooner than later. Someone WILL take a cheapshot at one of your top players and then we will see who is crying. I know if I have a great player fall to an injury very late in a beatdown, I would be pissed.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gr8slayer
    No, he's one of the dirtiest coaches in NFL history and I would gladly take him any day over any coach we've ever had.
    Good for you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah they probably don't need to score at the end of some of these games

BUT

I'd be lying if I said I'd be mad at the Bills for doing the same.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths
    Every example is of a playoff game. I'm pretty sure Kosar played in the Dallas game. I guess they can do what they want, but playing your starters that deep into blowouts WILL come back to bite you and I think sooner than later. Someone WILL take a cheapshot at one of your top players and then we will see who is crying. I know if I have a great player fall to an injury very late in a beatdown, I would be pissed.
    Injuries are part of the game. However, I can't think of one example where a team took a cheapshot late in a game because they were getting blown out. All this Karma talk is crap.

Besides, Belichick has consistently shown he doesn't worry about injury at all. His attitude is players play, no matter the situation. It is interesting to note that Richard Seymour's first play back this season thus far due to a slow recovery from offseason knee surgery was on punt return. Fans look at that an are horrified that one of the team's best players is being used on ST right after returning from injury. Belichick looks at it as playing, he doesn't care about the situation. He uses his starters extensively on ST, and if they get hurt they get hurt.

Given the results over the years, it is hard to argue with him. Players are going to get hurt, it is a violent game. You can't worry about it and Karma is not going to play a role.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I say put the foot on the other teams' throats. If you can't stop them then it's your fault IMO. One last bit--if our teams were doing it, I'd doubt that we'd be issuing the same complaints about our team running up the score. Believe me, I was sore after the Pats did it to my team, but afterwards I was feeling the above mentioned things after I thought about it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Injuries are part of the game. However, I can't think of one example where a team took a cheapshot late in a game because they were getting blown out. All this Karma talk is crap.

Besides, Belichick has consistently shown he doesn't worry about injury at all. His attitude is players play, no matter the situation. It is interesting to note that Richard Seymour's first play back this season thus far due to a slow recovery from offseason knee surgery was on punt return. Fans look at that an are horrified that one of the team's best players is being used on ST right after returning from injury. Belichick looks at it as playing, he doesn't care about the situation. He uses his starters extensively on ST, and if they get hurt they get hurt.

Given the results over the years, it is hard to argue with him. Players are going to get hurt, it is a violent game. You can't worry about it and Karma is not going to play a role.
    I don't necessarily believe in "Karma". I just think there are dirty players out there (you should know about that Rodney Harrison) and some will take umbridge with that.

I don't have a problem with starters playing on special teams either. My problem, and yes I would have a problem with it if it were my team, is having my best players playing late into a blowout with a chance for injury. That is why you have backups. If the backups are scoring from a standard pro set, then I have no problem with it. Once you get so far ahead, the object is to end the game quickly then, run the clock and celebrate.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't necessarily believe in "Karma". I just think there are dirty players out there (you should know about that Rodney Harrison) and some will take umbridge with that.

I don't have a problem with starters playing on special teams either. My problem, and yes I would have a problem with it if it were my team, is having my best players playing late into a blowout with a chance for injury. That is why you have backups. If the backups are scoring from a standard pro set, then I have no problem with it. Once you get so far ahead, the object is to end the game quickly then, run the clock and celebrate.
    First of all, Rodney is not a dirty player. He is physical and takes his shots, but so didn't Dick Butkus and Ronnie Lott. Intense players piss off the opposition because they take every shot they can. The fact people think he is dirty says more at how the game has gone soft than it does anything about Rodney.

Secondly, spare me your mercy rule.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by !Papacrunk!
    I say put the foot on the other teams' throats. If you can't stop them then it's your fault IMO. One last bit--if our teams were doing it, I'd doubt that we'd be issuing the same complaints about our team running up the score. Believe me, I was sore after the Pats did it to my team, but afterwards I was feeling the above mentioned things after I thought about it.
    I don't know if your old enough, but I remember as a wee lad watching the Dolphins stomp the Pats back in the day. I looked it up, and the 1972 Miami Dolphins (who finished as undefeated World Champs) stomped a sad excuse for a New England team (who would go on to finish with 3 wins) by the tidy score of 52-0 in a November game. They threw 2 4th quarter TD passes when the score was 38-0 and 45-0.

I wonder if Don Shula faced the same kind of criticism the Patriots are now getting.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

First of all, Rodney is not a dirty player. He is physical and takes his shots, but so didn't Dick Butkus and Ronnie Lott. Intense players piss off the opposition because they take every shot they can. The fact people think he is dirty says more at how the game has gone soft than it does anything about Rodney.

Secondly, spare me your mercy rule.
    Rodney has been fined numerous times. Butkus was also a dirty player. Different times, they allowed a bunch of crap though, but he was dirty. What's the matter, can't admit to having a dirty player on YOUR team?

Again, the tears flowing out of Massachusetts will cause the Atlantic to rise a foot if Brady gets hurt late in a blowout.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think the score matters. But Skooby touched on something when he mentioned leaving Brady in the game so long. Why would you do that? There was no possible way for them to come back and win, so why not put your back up in for as much practice as possible, and protect your starter just in case something happened for him to get injured?
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't know if your old enough, but I remember as a wee lad watching the Dolphins stomp the Pats back in the day. I looked it up, and the 1972 Miami Dolphins (who finished as undefeated World Champs) stomped a sad excuse for a New England team (who would go on to finish with 3 wins) by the tidy score of 52-0 in a November game. They threw 2 4th quarter TD passes when the score was 38-0 and 45-0.

I wonder if Don Shula faced the same kind of criticism the Patriots are now getting.
    Both passes were at least by the backup QB. You only had one TD at the end by the backup.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Rodney has been fined numerous times. Butkus was also a dirty player. Different times, they allowed a bunch of crap though, but he was dirty. What's the matter, can't admit to having a dirty player on YOUR team?

Again, the tears flowing out of Massachusetts will cause the Atlantic to rise a foot if Brady gets hurt late in a blowout.
    If he gets hurt he gets hurt. It is part of the game and you can't control it, so why worry about it?

As for Rodney, you couldn't be further from the truth. He plays the game the way it was meant to be played, with great emotional intensity, and he doesn't apologize for it. Unfortunately, the game keeps getting more pussified every year, and people get all up an arms.

Most of the dirty players in the NFL are OL. I can't think of too many dirty guys in the Bucko Kilroy mold. It is a pretty tame league these days. Each player is basically a corporate entity, and they are just doing business.