• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Re: NE running up the score

Originally posted by DraftBoy
    Not even worth the time, go back and read my thoughts from the incident and then get back to me
    why? did you realize what a moronic and contradictory statement you made?

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
      why? did you realize what a moronic and contradictory statement you made?
      No you obviously dont know the context by which I was speaking when I used the words naive and ignorant. So I told you to go look at my comments about the Patriots video taping scandal so you can understand what I mean.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• User Manuel
        The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
        • Nov 2003

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
        Anyone flip over to the NE game at all and notice the Pats with a 38-0 lead in the 4th with Brady still running out of the shotgun? They even had the nerve to go for a 4th and 2 on the Wash 12 with like 7 mins left. Then when they scored their last TD, they spiked the ball and celebrated like it was the first one all game. Although ive always hated the Pats, I always respected them as a team and what theyve been able to do. With all the crap going on with them early in the season, and a few occasions of running up the score, Ive lost all respect and its just turned into a pure hatred!
        Frankly, I hate the Skins too. It was kind of nice seeing it happen to Dan Snyder...

instead of crying maybe the Skins should have tried actually stopping them.

I will admit the spike thing and going on 4-2 was a little rough though.

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Lawesome97
          Frankly, I hate the Skins too. It was kind of nice seeing it happen to Dan Snyder...

instead of crying maybe the Skins should have tried actually stopping them.

I will admit the spike thing and going on 4-2 was a little rough though.
          What's funny is the fact that if it were us against the Patriots and we were up by 52 no one would have a problem with us stepping on their throats.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Re: Belicheat running up the score?

yes, he really is that much of an *******.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

No, he's one of the best coaches in NFL history and I would gladly take him any day over any coach we've ever had.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

Getting back on topic, Belichick expressed pretty clearly how he feels:

I've been coaching too long," Belichick said. "I remember being on that side. When I was coaching defense it was my job to keep the score down, not theirs. When you're playing defense it's your job to stop them. It's not (the offense's) job to not score. It's like I tell the offense, what the (bleep) do you think I send you guys out there for? To punt? We have a punt team for that. That's not your job. Your job is to go out there and score points. If you come off the field and you haven't scored points you haven't done your job.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Perfectly said
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by NE39
                    The 49ers beat Denver in the SB 55-10.

The Bears beat the Pats in the SB 46-10.

The Cowboys beat the Bills in the SB 52-17.

The Giants beat the 49ers in the playoffs 49-3.

Gibbs and his Redskins beat the Rams in the playoffs 51-7.

The Bears won the title 73-0.

It is true the Pats are not calling off the dogs this year. They are playing to dominate teams. I'm not sure of the reason, although the whole spygate controversy is probably a big part of it, but it is what they are doing and teams will have to deal with it.

Someday the tables will turn and the Pats will get theirs back. It is the way it works, but keep the crying and *****ing out of it. It's just a game, played by professionals. Nobody needs to feel sorry for anyone.
                    Every example is of a playoff game. I'm pretty sure Kosar played in the Dallas game. I guess they can do what they want, but playing your starters that deep into blowouts WILL come back to bite you and I think sooner than later. Someone WILL take a cheapshot at one of your top players and then we will see who is crying. I know if I have a great player fall to an injury very late in a beatdown, I would be pissed.

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                      No, he's one of the dirtiest coaches in NFL history and I would gladly take him any day over any coach we've ever had.
                      Good for you.

Comment

• BAM
                        • Sep 2003

Yeah they probably don't need to score at the end of some of these games

BUT

I'd be lying if I said I'd be mad at the Bills for doing the same.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                          Every example is of a playoff game. I'm pretty sure Kosar played in the Dallas game. I guess they can do what they want, but playing your starters that deep into blowouts WILL come back to bite you and I think sooner than later. Someone WILL take a cheapshot at one of your top players and then we will see who is crying. I know if I have a great player fall to an injury very late in a beatdown, I would be pissed.
                          Injuries are part of the game. However, I can't think of one example where a team took a cheapshot late in a game because they were getting blown out. All this Karma talk is crap.

Besides, Belichick has consistently shown he doesn't worry about injury at all. His attitude is players play, no matter the situation. It is interesting to note that Richard Seymour's first play back this season thus far due to a slow recovery from offseason knee surgery was on punt return. Fans look at that an are horrified that one of the team's best players is being used on ST right after returning from injury. Belichick looks at it as playing, he doesn't care about the situation. He uses his starters extensively on ST, and if they get hurt they get hurt.

Given the results over the years, it is hard to argue with him. Players are going to get hurt, it is a violent game. You can't worry about it and Karma is not going to play a role.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                            • Mar 2004

I say put the foot on the other teams' throats. If you can't stop them then it's your fault IMO. One last bit--if our teams were doing it, I'd doubt that we'd be issuing the same complaints about our team running up the score. Believe me, I was sore after the Pats did it to my team, but afterwards I was feeling the above mentioned things after I thought about it.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by NE39
                              Injuries are part of the game. However, I can't think of one example where a team took a cheapshot late in a game because they were getting blown out. All this Karma talk is crap.

Besides, Belichick has consistently shown he doesn't worry about injury at all. His attitude is players play, no matter the situation. It is interesting to note that Richard Seymour's first play back this season thus far due to a slow recovery from offseason knee surgery was on punt return. Fans look at that an are horrified that one of the team's best players is being used on ST right after returning from injury. Belichick looks at it as playing, he doesn't care about the situation. He uses his starters extensively on ST, and if they get hurt they get hurt.

Given the results over the years, it is hard to argue with him. Players are going to get hurt, it is a violent game. You can't worry about it and Karma is not going to play a role.
                              I don't necessarily believe in "Karma". I just think there are dirty players out there (you should know about that Rodney Harrison) and some will take umbridge with that.

I don't have a problem with starters playing on special teams either. My problem, and yes I would have a problem with it if it were my team, is having my best players playing late into a blowout with a chance for injury. That is why you have backups. If the backups are scoring from a standard pro set, then I have no problem with it. Once you get so far ahead, the object is to end the game quickly then, run the clock and celebrate.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                                I don't necessarily believe in "Karma". I just think there are dirty players out there (you should know about that Rodney Harrison) and some will take umbridge with that.

I don't have a problem with starters playing on special teams either. My problem, and yes I would have a problem with it if it were my team, is having my best players playing late into a blowout with a chance for injury. That is why you have backups. If the backups are scoring from a standard pro set, then I have no problem with it. Once you get so far ahead, the object is to end the game quickly then, run the clock and celebrate.
                                First of all, Rodney is not a dirty player. He is physical and takes his shots, but so didn't Dick Butkus and Ronnie Lott. Intense players piss off the opposition because they take every shot they can. The fact people think he is dirty says more at how the game has gone soft than it does anything about Rodney.

Secondly, spare me your mercy rule.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡