X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Jags' Stroud faces suspension for violating NFL steroids policy

Jaguars defensive tackle Marcus Stroud is facing a four-game suspension, which could start as early as this weekend, for a violation of the NFL steroids and related substances policy.

Stroud

News of Stroud's pending suspension was reported by the Florida Times-Union on Wednesday morning and confirmed by league and team sources and sources close to Stroud.
    A three-time Pro Bowl performer, Stroud registered a positive test within the past two weeks, a source said, and he's exercised his right to have the so-called "B-sample" of his urine tested. If that test is also positive, Stroud would be suspended.
    Stroud declined to address the reports Wednesday, but said he expects to play Sunday when the Jaguars play at New Orleans.
    "I'll be there Sunday," Stroud said. "I'm not here to squash rumors. I'm here to play ball. Whatever happens will happen. But right now, I'm going to focus on New Orleans. I have no comment on anything else."
    Stroud still would have the right, under the collective bargaining agreement, to appeal the suspension. But two sources close to the seventh-year veteran said he might forgo an appeal and serve the suspension immediately in order to return in time for the final month of the season and possibly the playoffs.
    If the Jaguars receive notification of the positive test this week -- and some club officials expect this to occur by Friday -- then Stroud might begin his four-week hiatus beginning Sunday.
    The banned supplement for which Stroud tested positive is not known. A suspension would cost him $332,941 of his scheduled base salary of $1.415 million for 2007. In 2005, Stroud signed a five-year, $31.5 million contract extension.

More...
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Re: Jags' Stroud faces suspension for violating NFL steroids policy

The suspension for this stuff should be longer than 4 games.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

Working...
    X