• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

By next year, Edwards in, Losman out.

I think it's pretty evident that Losman is going to be dealt in the offseason. I hope JP lights up the bengals and keeps playing as long as we win. This would increase his trade value in the offseason. As much as you like or hate the guy, he's gone. The writing is on the wall. It was written as soon as Marv drafted Trent Edwards in the 3rd round. I'm pretty sure reality still won't sink in around here, but as long as some people realize the inevitable, it should make most of this crap around here seem pointless.
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Re: By next year, Edwards in, Losman out.

Trade him to Green Bay. He'll already have at least one fan waiting for him here.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

i hope your wrong, but your probably not.. assuming he doesnt light it up.. which is not going to be easy considering he has to overcome the offensive coordinator.

i will say this.. if he lights it up.. they wont trade him.. if jp goes on to play very well and get us into the playoffs it will be just like brees and rivers.. brees stayed for the last year of his contract and then walked.. jp will do the same.. again, only if he really performs well.. if he doesnt.. then your right he will probably be gone.

i hope he goes to detriot. i could root for them t and my boy kevin jones.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN

Comment

• acehole
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Kerr
            I think it's pretty evident that Losman is going to be dealt in the offseason. I hope JP lights up the bengals and keeps playing as long as we win. This would increase his trade value in the offseason. As much as you like or hate the guy, he's gone. The writing is on the wall. It was written as soon as Marv drafted Trent Edwards in the 3rd round. I'm pretty sure reality still won't sink in around here, but as long as some people realize the inevitable, it should make most of this crap around here seem pointless.
            100% correct...unless he plays exceptional. That would put Ralph in a bad spot for a long time. IE no FA will want to come here knowing if they play good....or hit their incentives they are gone...no jouney men... nobody. The other side of this as well is our oun FA's...like evans and witner,..and some others we are trying to build around wont want to stay. In the end Ralphs cheapness will end up costing him more then he is trying to save. If Edwards does get the job and does not preform you will see a pissed locker room indeed...as the players best years of thier career will be squandered while he learns the difference between INt's and td's. I wish JP well and I hope we get somthing good for him as we will need as many draft picks we can get our hands on....after all they have to start and fill the holes the FA's won't.
            Hated by the stupid..
            Loved by their moms.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

You guys just hope he goes somewhere else and plays well so you can say "I told you so".

Personally I could careless what he does when he is no longer in a Bills uniform. Odds are he will go on and do nothing just like almost every other ex-Bill went on to do.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by acehole
                100% correct...unless he plays exceptional. That would put Ralph in a bad spot for a long time. IE no FA will want to come here knowing if they play good....or hit their incentives they are gone...no jouney men... nobody. The other side of this as well is our oun FA's...like evans and witner,..and some others we are trying to build around wont want to stay. In the end Ralphs cheapness will end up costing him more then he is trying to save. If Edwards does get the job and does not preform you will see a pissed locker room indeed...as the players best years of thier career will be squandered while he learns the difference between INt's and td's. I wish JP well and I hope we get somthing good for him as we will need as many draft picks we can get our hands on....after all they have to start and fill the holes the FA's won't.
                What a baseless, absurd conclusion! So, because a team decides that the guy with the 8-19 record in starts should be replaced, the other players in the league will interpret it as he got benched for being too good & in danger of meeting his incentives-hogwash! Ralph has not been cheap with players who PERFORM, and the free agents will come here 1) if he pays them enough 2) if by the team's actions-an unwillingness to pay big $ to a QB who has not lead the team to any meaningful wins & has been coddled by some fans in spite of the team's 30% wins when he starts- show they want to win, not stay with a loser at QB. You've been listening to Tom Donahoe's friends at ESPN instead of looking at the facts. Facts are, Losman's playing time has nothing to do with incentives. If he reaches incentives and gets traded, Ralph ain't paying him anyway. If he doesn't reach incentives & has a low salary & gets traded, Ralph ain't saving any $ because he's not on the team. I can't imagine one player in the league, except his pal, Lee Evans, gives a rats @ss what the Bills are doing with JP and their free agent decisions will not be based on what the Bills do with JP.

Comment

• acehole
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                  You guys just hope he goes somewhere else and plays well so you can say "I told you so".

Personally I could careless what he does when he is no longer in a Bills uniform. Odds are he will go on and do nothing just like almost every other ex-Bill went on to do.
                  Scratch me off that list...with the exception of moulds I wanted every ex bill to have a good career. I dont think there is a thing wrong with wanting JP do do well if he goes elsewhere. It might be the other way around as we had many complianing about an 85 yard TD pass that sealed us the game and lost some of you the TE vs JP debate.
                  Hated by the stupid..
                  Loved by their moms.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

You guys just hope he goes somewhere else and plays well so you can say "I told you so"..
                    that's better than you wishing he would fail as a bill just so you could say "I told you so"

Personally I could careless what he does when he is no longer in a Bills uniform. .
                    Obviously. You did't even care about him in a bills uni (except for ..see above) ,why would we expect otherwise when he's gone?
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Let's face facts.

Losman is alot like Rex Grossman. He'll get you some really exciting plays and than throw some picks or take some sacks that'll just have you shaking your head.

I think there are teams out there that he would do great on. Green Bay, who wanted him in the first place, would be a great fit.

The Bills like Edwards because he fits the vision for this team and what they are trying to accomplish.

Anybody who thinks JP is staying as a Bill is going to be disappointed. Unless we make the playoffs with him as QB I believe that it is a forgone conclusion that he will be out of here at the end of the season.

Comment

• shelby
                        The Vanilla admin
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                        The Bills like Edwards because he fits the vision for this team and what they are trying to accomplish.

Anybody who thinks JP is staying as a Bill is going to be disappointed. Unless we make the playoffs with him as QB I believe that it is a forgone conclusion that he will be out of here at the end of the season.
                        i agree 100%.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                          Let's face facts.

Losman is alot like Rex Grossman. He'll get you some really exciting plays and than throw some picks or take some sacks that'll just have you shaking your head.
                          well the facts say worse about TE at this point in time. NO exciting plays and then bonehead INT's.

Originally posted by Hurrincane

you mean Ralph's vision and what he's trying to accomplish. Save a buck. I wonder if this is what MArv meant when wgr said something liike Marv said in the lines of" are we trying to nickle and dime...."

Originally posted by hurricane
                          I agree completely however, if the bills decide to stick with Losman even next year, I can see a holdout in his last year unless his future here is guaranteed in writing.

He and his agent would be stupid to stay without an extension and the bills would be stupid to hold him to his last year of contract knowing it could be a lockerroom problem.

Don't forget, Lee is keeping an eye on the way JP is being handled by our FO and so are the other players.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• acehole
                            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Albany,n.y.
                            What a baseless, absurd conclusion! So, because a team decides that the guy with the 8-19 record in starts should be replaced, the other players in the league will interpret it as he got benched for being too good & in danger of meeting his incentives-hogwash! Ralph has not been cheap with players who PERFORM, and the free agents will come here 1) if he pays them enough 2) if by the team's actions-an unwillingness to pay big $ to a QB who has not lead the team to any meaningful wins & has been coddled by some fans in spite of the team's 30% wins when he starts- show they want to win, not stay with a loser at QB. You've been listening to Tom Donahoe's friends at ESPN instead of looking at the facts. Facts are, Losman's playing time has nothing to do with incentives. If he reaches incentives and gets traded, Ralph ain't paying him anyway. If he doesn't reach incentives & has a low salary & gets traded, Ralph ain't saving any $ because he's not on the team. I can't imagine one player in the league, except his pal, Lee Evans, gives a rats @ss what the Bills are doing with JP and their free agent decisions will not be based on what the Bills do with JP.
                            "Unless he plays exceptional"
                            Please read before responding.....might make a valid piont if you did.
                            Hated by the stupid..
                            Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

I agree that Losman will not be at our next training camp but that means a Vet QB must be identified as a backup. No more rookies.

Plus the jury is still out on Edwards. 1 TD, 5 INT's & cement feet means little margin for error. Teams will put 8-9 in the box until he can beat them. He must prove his deep arm strength, bad weather ability, red zone ability and last but not least, his durability...and that looks very shaky at present. Will he even stay healthy enough to gain experience ?

I'll back anyone wearing the Bills jersey but not put blinders on. Edwards is a work in progress and opposing D's will tee off until he can beat them.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X