0 0%
  • Cats by 4-9

2 9.09%
  • Cats by 10-19

3 13.64%
  • Cats by 20+

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bills/Bengals prediction thread(merged)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,402 Times in 13,788 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bills/Bengals prediction thread(merged)

Unfortunately, I have to go with the Bengals.

While our D has looked better, we've been playing some pathetic offenses. The Bengals have some offensive firepower and will score points. And don't count out Rudi Johnson- our run D is still suspect.

The Bengals have a pretty sorry D, but our O is just so out of synch. Look at the last two games to see what happens when bad O's meet bad D's- the D's usually win out. With JP in the line up we'll have the big play back, but that's assuming Fairchild and Jauron actually have the stones to call it.

Long story short, we'll score a few points but Jauron's conservative style doesn't lend itself to a shootout and we probably won't be able to keep up.

Bengals 24, Bills 14

Wys Guy

Re: Bills/Bengals prediction thread

38-20 Bungals

Season high in scoring for Bills' O.

Tack on whatever the D/STs gets.

Ocho Cinco career day

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think this is a game we can legitimately win. And I hate being optimistic week after week....

The Bungles defense is absolutely god awful embarassing. They make our D look like the 85 Bears in comparison. Yes, they're really that bad.

Look for Lynch to get his first 100 yard game as pro in this one and a couple TDs. Like I said, I'm highly optimistic this week.

Losman will have his normal day at the office...12-18 for 200 yards 1 td 1 int...TD coming on a long play to Evans.

Cincy's offense will put up some points on us but not enough to compensate for their defense.

Bills 27 Bungles 23

Thanks
    Thanked 24,471 Times in 14,179 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Cin 35 Buf 28
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I know the Bengals' D is bad, but we haven't scored more than 19 all year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Picking against the Bills has been working the past few weeks so why change now......

Bengals 31
    Bills 17

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    I know the Bengals' D is bad, but we haven't scored more than 19 all year.
    Yeah, and we can't seem to get throwing TD's figured out.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

In Buffalo? Bills could win 24-21.

Counting on you 12th men!!!

Wys Guy

Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY!
    Cincy's offense will put up some points on us but not enough to compensate for their defense.

Bills 27 Bungles 23
    Huh?

And what's going to compensate our defense?

I know that some of y'all seem to think that our D is good simply because we held three anemic offensive teams to reasonable totals, but Cincy is a top-10 offense that matches up extremely well for them.

Who on our team is going to match up with CJ and Housh? Forget about their play action game or running game. I just don't see it happening.

Sure, their D is horrible, but so is the Jets and all we could manage there offensively, is an average of 15 points.

20 for us is generous home or not.

Wys Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi
    In Buffalo? Bills could win 24-21.

Counting on you 12th men!!!
    Sure, Bills could win 50-3. Bengals could win 50-3 too.

12th man has done all that it can this year. Frankly if not for the 12th man several home games would have had much worse results. Our 12th man has been the only reliable portion of our game.

I.e., hats off and kudos to y'all, the 12th man!!!

Roways rooking ahread! Mitchy moo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Plan on the Bills winning 28-7. Our D plays real hard and ML just runs all over them and scores 2 TD's himself and eats up all the clock. By the time Cinci offense gets out there, their cold and relaxed.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Wys Guy
    Huh?

I know that some of y'all seem to think that our D is good simply because we held three anemic offensive teams to reasonable totals, but Cincy is a top-10 offense that matches up extremely well for them.

Who on our team is going to match up with CJ and Housh? Forget about their play action game or running game. I just don't see it happening.

Sure, their D is horrible, but so is the Jets and all we could manage there offensively, is an average of 15 points.

We'll go with a conservative gameplan that centers around Lynch running the ball. Cincy can't stop the run worth crap. Lynch will eat up yards and time off the clock. Keeping the Cincy offense off the field.

JP will throw his obligatory long ball and connect on after the safeties are playing up to stop the running game that's doing anything it wants.

Cincy really hasn't ran the ball all that well this year be it Rudi or Watson. And Palmer has been prone to throw the inopportune pick this year. Which plays directly into our defense. Lately we've been coming up with the big INT on defense. Cincy will rack up yards don't get me wrong but I don't think they'll be able to put TDs in the redzone. Hence why in my score prediction they're kicking 3 FGs. Both teams are gonna score about 5 times out of 9 possessions...we'll just get one more TD than them and that'll be the difference.

I told you, I'm actually being optimistic this week!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Huh?

Greer can take anyone in the league.

that slimey ass of an admin at the zone Dude's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,563 Times in 2,509 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bills 21
    Bengals 17

I'm having trouble making this pick and honestly, I think you could switch the team names. Based upon what I've seen of the Bengals this year, I don't see them coming into Buffalo and blowing the Bills up. The Bengals haven't won on the road all year. The coaching staff is on the brink of losing the team for the season. When the Bengals get behind, they lose confidence - fast, especially if "Ocho Cinco" starts pouting. Their defense is terrible. They make average QBs look like all-stars.

BUT - if they get off to a fast start, they can be dangerous. I think with the Bengals it's all about confidence. If the Bills can avoid the stupid mistakes and put points on the board right away, I think they will be able to hold on for the win.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,693 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Just to be factual, the Bills defense also held Dallas to a reasonable total and actually has held every team played to reasonable totals, including Denver too.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,693 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

BTW, 27-24 Good guys.

Maybe even some OT action.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Skooby
    Plan on the Bills winning 28-7. Our D plays real hard and ML just runs all over them and scores 2 TD's himself and eats up all the clock. By the time Cinci offense gets out there, their cold and relaxed.
    no way we hold the Bengals' offense to 7. We couldn't hold Baltimore to 7 and they're a much worse offensive team.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bills 34-24

We have played this same offense before and came out on top. You can argue that our D is even better than when we played Cinci last time and their offense is worse slightly. They are missing All-pro Willie Anderson for this game as well and they also lost Steinbach who anchored their run game.

That being said they will still put up points, however I think we come up with a turnover or 2. I see a strip of Palmer and a fumble.

Another factor that plays in Buffalo's favour is that we are finally playing a 4-3 team so the run blocking assignments will be more obvious as will the holes Marshawn has to pick. This is definitely the week our run game gets going behind Peters and Dockery. The Bengals have allowed 3 40+ yard runs and 11 20+ yard runs so far which is the worst in the league. To top it off they are hurting in the middle of their D with Anthony Shlegel who was cut by the Jets starting at MLB this week in place of Ahmad Brooks and John Thornton limited in practice with a neck injury.

I also see Parrish and Reed having big days against a weak secondary and a depleted LB corps that cant cover.

With all that said not any of it will make the slightest difference if we cant challenge the Bengals in the intermediate and deep zones with our passing game. I dont care how bad you are if you stack 8 or 9 guys in the box evey play no one will run on you.

The outcome of this game will depend on JP's arm not Marshawn's legs.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bengals, 31-27

Two TDs each for Rudi and Housh
    JP throws two TDs but turns it over late
    Lynch looks great, one TD, but Bills don't use him enough in second half
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Thanks
    Thanked 3,431 Times in 2,008 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    Just to be factual, the Bills defense also held Dallas to a reasonable total and actually has held every team played to reasonable totals, including Denver too.
    I was gonna say, I thought our D was flat out awesome against a pretty good Dallas O.

I don't even look at the NE game either since they've flat out destroyed everybody.

As for the Pitt game, it was right after the Everett injury and I remember Crowell being quoted as saying it was hard not to play timid or be aggressive in that game.

I'm not expecting to shut Cincy down, but there's no reason to think they're just gonna roll over us.