Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st round pick: Trade It!

Thanks
    Thanked 24,471 Times in 14,179 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

1st round pick: Trade It!

With all the signings that have been going in here in B-Lo. I dont see the impact player we need at any posistion that is worthy of the 23rd pick. As I have said before I wouldnt mind seeing us take Mike Doss FS Ohio St. But he is a risky pick. I dont think it is wise to take an OL first because they want big contracts and I dont want to be paying a million or two to a backup. Dt could be a wise investment but by the time we pick we will be picking a DT that could possibly be had in the 2nd round. De unless Jerome McDougal is there I wouldnt take Corey Redding b/c he could always be had early round 2. I just find it hard going to find a player I want to pay millions to who may sit on the bench for a year or two.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    You don't look at a lot of draft mags do you billszone draft expert? Whoever we get with the 23rd pick is going to get playing time. Especially if we select a DE or DT. Gerald Haynes and Kenny Peterson could be available in that slot. The Buffalo Bills have a very fine draft record and select quality players who most of them contribute right away.Since TD came to us in 2001 he and his staff have produced 8 starters for us. The record speakes for itself. Go Bills!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    If you want to trade that pick, what do you trade it for? You're not going to get an impact player for the pick, either. Might as well draft and develop somebody.
    A lil' dab'll do ya!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 1st round pick: Trade It!

Originally posted by Winfield_26
    . As I have said before I wouldnt mind seeing us take Mike Doss FS Ohio St.
    For the millionth time...Mike Doss is a SS!!!! I would think a Draft expert would know that. We dont need a SS.

In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I wouldn't mind trading it for Charles Woodson.

Imagine him in the nickle, and in some defenses you could use Clements at the FS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I'd rather have Winfield at FS than Clements
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    wonder if the Raiders would trade bothe their 1st round picks to us to move up
    lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Re: 1st round pick: Trade It!

Originally posted by venis2k1

For the millionth time...Mike Doss is a SS!!!! I would think a Draft expert would know that. We dont need a SS.
    All I know is that this guy has made quite a few mistakes about players coming out of the draft. I say we make him remove his billszone resident draft expert name. I do way better than he does and I don't proclaim to be an expert...lol:)! Go Bills!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    We went through all this PP trade drama just to get the first round pick back to trade it? that doesn't make any sense, to me at least.

We have decent depth, we need the impact players.
    Kelly Washington looks good, with size and speed, he's compared to Randy Moss.

You may say we have Reed, but Moulds isn't going to be around forever.

If its not a WR at 23, than its DLINE, and I don't see TD trading down past Indy, who is right behind us at 24.

Sarah Palin for President... of my pants! Stewie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    If TD thinks he can get an impact player at a lower spot, and we get an extra pick by trading down, then I say go for it. Remember when a lot of people wanted to draft Kenyatta Walker, and we traded down 8 spots and got Clements instead. Then we used that extra pick for Brandon Spoon, who proved vital when Cowart went down. (Then again, I suppose when you're 3-13, no one is really "vital").
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Quote Originally Posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    Quote Originally Posted by mercyrule
    also cheese

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I think the extra pick acquired in that Tampa deal was their second, which turned out to be Travis Henry (slightly better than Spoon).

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Love Doss too but I don't think he has the speed to make the transition to FS. Otherwise I'd say give it a shot. I think they will and should go DT or DE, DT preferably. Get a guy in there to give the starters a break and groom him for a couple of years via regular rotation. If Adams or PW get inured we'll need quality or else we could be looking at last year again. They're also not young anymore and aren't looking at that many more years.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    The Sporting News magazine has him posted as a FS, secondly Gerald Hayes and Kenny Peterson will be late round reaches at #23, both could be had probably early round 2 if we really tried to get them, plus to draft a DT with our 1st pick makes no sense to me as he will be #3 with two very capable possibel probowl Dt's ahead of him. The only DE's I like in the 1st round are McDougal and Redding. McDougal would be a steal at 23, but as for Redding he too could possibly fall to deeper in round 1. My suggestion is make a trade to moce us to low round 1 28-31, and then pick up and ectra 3rd or 4th round pick as there is great depth in this draft at the multiple posistions which we need. possible guys I like late in round 1 are: Mathis, Doss, Redding.

And finally to Spaz if you have a problem with me or my draft thinkings the you can talk to me personally on PM not try and make a fool of me or my posts.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Dude you need to chill out I wasn't being serious good lord man. Go Bills!

Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker Throne Logic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Chokehead
    If you want to trade that pick, what do you trade it for? You're not going to get an impact player for the pick, either. Might as well draft and develop somebody.
    Peerless Price was traded for the #23 overall, in fact it was this exact #23 . . . He's something of a potential impact player.

Drew Bledsoe was also traded for a #1 pick. Granted it turned out to be the #14, but the Pats didn't know that last year. I could have been much worse.

I am certain that TD will look into the posibility of trading the pick. But I really don't see him doing this unless there is a GREAT opportunity, which doesn't come around unless another team is under the gun and really desperate.

I expect TD to use the pick on a player. I'll leave the speculation up to the "experts" around here.
    Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

My IQ Test results came back negative BillsOwnAll's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    we couldnt get get woodson for just our first round pick could we.......?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Winfield_26
    [B]The Sporting News magazine has him posted as a FS, secondly Gerald Hayes and Kenny Peterson will be late round reaches at #23, both could be had probably early round 2 if we really tried to get them, plus to draft a DT with our 1st pick makes no sense to me as he will be #3 with two very capable possibel probowl Dt's ahead of him. The only DE's I like in the 1st round are McDougal and Redding. McDougal would be a steal at 23, but as for Redding he too could possibly fall to deeper in round 1. My suggestion is make a trade to moce us to low round 1 28-31, and then pick up and ectra 3rd or 4th round pick as there is great depth in this draft at the multiple posistions which we need. possible guys I like late in round 1 are: Mathis, Doss, Redding.

I agree that we now have 2 studs playing DT. I'm worried about depth. The thing with DT is that it's rotated much more than any other position. These big fat guys need a few plays off. Plus to get a quality 3rd DT could be beneficial in other ways seeing that PW is 31 and Sam has had some injuries recently. I also like McDougal and Redding and what awful workout numbers Suggs had eh? NO speed or strength. What's the deal with him? If Doss' speed wasn't an issue, I'd love to move him to FS. He does have a knack for big plays. Maybe he worked on his speed and Sporting News is predicting him to go as a FS. That happens quite a bit with DB's. He was one of my favorite college players this year. I like the way he plays.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Mike Doss 4.45 40 time. That is not a very slow 40 time. Depth is something that could easily be addressed by trading down in round 1 to pick up either an extra 3rd or 4th. With that extra pick we could get a nice DT either Nick Eason with the 3rd, or Eric Manning in the 4th, possibly Dan Klecko also.

The Stoner Zoner BillsFanInMass's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Charles Woodson is so overated hes always getting burned. He makes the Pro BOwl cause of popularity cause he won the heisman. He hardly gets any ints

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by Throne Logic

Peerless Price was traded for the #23 overall, in fact it was this exact #23 . . . He's something of a potential impact player.

Drew Bledsoe was also traded for a #1 pick. Granted it turned out to be the #14, but the Pats didn't know that last year. I could have been much worse.

I am certain that TD will look into the posibility of trading the pick. But I really don't see him doing this unless there is a GREAT opportunity, which doesn't come around unless another team is under the gun and really desperate.

I expect TD to use the pick on a player. I'll leave the speculation up to the "experts" around here.
    It's very possible to pick up an impact player with a draft pick. But right now, with our pick, who could we possibly get?