Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Re-Starting The BZFL

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re-Starting The BZFL

If there's enough interest from the owners, I will volunteer to sim the games and get our league started back up again. We can keep the same rosters as before all this nonsense happened. I just have to get an accurate spreadsheet from Franklin or I'd have to go through all of the transactions and piece together the rosters.

So, who's up for getting the league back on track?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Re-Starting The BZFL

Didn't see this email until now. I would again but it looks like everyone else doesn't anymore. That doesn't surprise me considering the amount of time that went by and the way it ended to begin with.

My team was set to run for the title for years to come. Was in great cap shape and had about 12 draft picks and 5 out of the first 50. Oh well.

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Nah, Im done with that.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,009 Times in 4,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Nope. Moved on. Already in 2 other sim leagues. That's enough.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Rich, if you are looking for another league, let me know, there might be an opening in the BAFA league. PM me if you are interested.

Dude's Little Ignorant Crony RockStar36's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I know I wasn't in it before but I would be interested in joining if it started again

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I maybe starting a league that plays head to head, which means you have to own the game and games will be played online against other teams on another site if anyone is interested PM me, game costs approx $ 60

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I would be interested in getting into a sim league.
    BERNIAC!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well, looks like we have a couple people interested. If we have to go w/ an all new group, I can probably bring in a few newcomers as well.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by L.A. Playa
    I maybe starting a league that plays head to head, which means you have to own the game and games will be played online against other teams on another site if anyone is interested PM me, game costs approx $ 60
    YOU may be???

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

For those guys showing interest...thanks. That means a lot and I again apologize for what happened to the original league. After I got laid off I really didn't have time to keep it going. Now, I work two full time jobs and as much as I would love to bring the league back or even just be an owner there is no possible way for me to do it...and truly, I feel bad about that.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer
    For those guys showing interest...thanks. That means a lot and I again apologize for what happened to the original league. After I got laid off I really didn't have time to keep it going. Now, I work two full time jobs and as much as I would love to bring the league back or even just be an owner there is no possible way for me to do it...and truly, I feel bad about that.
    Don't feel bad. There is more to life than this stuff. There are TONS of Sim leagues on web that people can join, and because of you, I'd say at least 3 leagues were created. If you hadn't have brought us into it, we wouldn't have known about it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral
    Don't feel bad. There is more to life than this stuff. There are TONS of Sim leagues on web that people can join, and because of you, I'd say at least 3 leagues were created. If you hadn't have brought us into it, we wouldn't have known about it.

thanks, man!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer
    I should beat you just for showing up in this thread. Get lost.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Looks like we may be going w/ a whole new crew of owners or mostly new. We'll get started w/ the offseason activities once the new player rankings are released.

I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats. BlackMetalNinja's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I would potentially be interested in this if somebody would be willing to fill me in some more on details and how much of a time investment on average we're talking about!

Dude's Little Ignorant Crony RockStar36's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Like I said before, I'm very interested. I figure I devote quite a bit of time to my Madden franchise and this would be potentially more rewarding/more fun since I'd be playing with actual people.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMetalNinja
    I would potentially be interested in this if somebody would be willing to fill me in some more on details and how much of a time investment on average we're talking about!
    Feel free to peruse this forum to see what it all entails. I'm hoping to avoid redoing all of the rosters, as that would be very time consuming. To stock all the teams, the draft is 'bout 55 rounds. Most teams are pretty much even, so if everyone agrees, we can all keep what we have to date. If not, we'll set up a brand new stocking draft. Other than the free agent and rookie drafts, there's not a whole lot for the owners to do, other than anything they'd like to do in the way of trades or other moves. It can be time consuming, especially @ the start, but it's also a lot of fun.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by R. Rich
    Feel free to peruse this forum to see what it all entails. I'm hoping to avoid redoing all of the rosters, as that would be very time consuming. To stock all the teams, the draft is 'bout 55 rounds. Most teams are pretty much even, so if everyone agrees, we can all keep what we have to date. If not, we'll set up a brand new stocking draft. Other than the free agent and rookie drafts, there's not a whole lot for the owners to do, other than anything they'd like to do in the way of trades or other moves. It can be time consuming, especially @ the start, but it's also a lot of fun.
    personally, the stocking draft is a blast.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm definitely interested in this again. I was just looking at many of my players that I drafted in the rookie draft and FA draft and my team would have done pretty good this year.