Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those of you that need to place blame...

I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats. BlackMetalNinja's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

For those of you that need to place blame...

Sure, JP deserves some, those turnovers were back breakers... but don't neglect the rest of the team.

How about the defense that couldn't stop a 3rd and long all day long?

Or what about the special teams that couldn't return anything for more than 15 yards, or who committed some extremely stupid and costly penalties?

Or the coaching staff with some of the same old predictable play calling over and over?

This was a total team effort in terms of not getting the job done, no one person should be getting all the blame this time.

We got beat by the better team and yet again hung in there for most of the game despite our best efforts to play like crap.

I have to say, I love the effort and the ability to play over their heads for some of our young guys that have come out of virtually no where this year, but we still desperately need some good veteran leaders in some key positions (QB first and foremost, I don't believe Edwards is our answer there either), as well as some coaches that have some guts to change things up once in a while.

Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE patmoran2006's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: For those of you that need to place blame...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMetalNinja
    Sure, JP deserves some, those turnovers were back breakers... but don't neglect the rest of the team.

Or what about the special teams that couldn't return anything for more than 15 yards, or who committed some extremely stupid and costly penalties?

Or the coaching staff with some of the same old predictable play calling over and over?

This was a total team effort in terms of not getting the job done, no one person should be getting all the blame this time.

We got beat by the better team and yet again hung in there for most of the game despite our best efforts to play like crap.

I have to say, I love the effort and the ability to play over their heads for some of our young guys that have come out of virtually no where this year, but we still desperately need some good veteran leaders in some key positions (QB first and foremost, I don't believe Edwards is our answer there either), as well as some coaches that have some guts to change things up once in a while.
    Good post.

JP blows and I'm near positive he's FINISHED as a starter, but there is PLENTY of wrong with this team besides him.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Excellent post!!!

I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats. BlackMetalNinja's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks guys, but this will get buried in the JPHATEFEST 07 that will take place this week. Everybody wants the easy scapegoat.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I've calculated that JP deserves 62.7801 percent of the blame.

Better than his passer rating in it.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Philagape
    I've calculated that JP deserves 62.7801 percent of the blame.

Better than his passer rating in it.
    Definitely more than 50%. Great points about the D and special teams though.

Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE patmoran2006's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks guys, but this will get buried in the JPHATEFEST 07 that will take place this week. Everybody wants the easy scapegoat.
    He's no scapegoat. He had three turnovers, all TERRIBLE turnovers, and he missed open WR's all day long.

He DESERVES the bashing; what you're right about is that plenty of other players sucked as well today.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

JP deserves a great measure of the blame... because...

he is the offensive leader, his decisions direct affect the team. Turning over a ball to a home team, "in the hunt" team, a good rushing team -- that churns out yards, keeps your guys on defense gasping for air -- absolutely deflates morale...

plus that fact a difference maker like Lynch is out, more responsiblility was put on JP's shoulders -- and it turns out that not only can he press that weight, he drops the bar. Very disappointing coming from a guy with a "C" on his chest.....

Lead or be lead.
    Don't cry for me, I'm already dead.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,382 Times in 13,776 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

JP deserves blame, as does the D, the OL, Reed, Evans, etc.... there is plenty to go around.

However, JP is in a unique position as far as evaluation is concerned. We're trying to evaluate him as our future QB. So of course his mistakes are going to be discussed ad nauseum- it doesn't mean we're letting the rest of the team off the hook.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    it doesn't mean we're letting the rest of the team off the hook.
    Thank you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This was a winnable game. JP cost us the game. Yeah special teams were horrible and the D can always play better but the game was winnable.

I am convinced that had Trent started we could have won this game.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE
    This was a winnable game. JP cost us the game. Yeah special teams were horrible and the D can always play better but the game was winnable.

Coaches say a lot that nothing decides games like turnovers.

Trent hasn't had a multiple-turnover game yet.

Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We wouldnt of won with Edwards either. JP blows yes but Edwards isnt a damn savior

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Philagape
    Coaches say a lot that nothing decides games like turnovers.

Trent hasn't had a multiple-turnover game yet.
    thats like saying his crap stinks less.

don't try and justify his INT's and make it look they weren't so bad because they weren't mutiple times in a game . Most of them were thrown when the game is on the line. I'd rather still have Flutie over Robosack. Flutie had multiple ints in a game but during crunch time, you know you still had a chance.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsIN05
    We wouldnt of won with Edwards either. JP blows yes but Edwards isnt a damn savior
    EXACTLY!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE

My sig is wrong...FACE IT!
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan
    thats like saying his crap stinks less.
    don't try and justify his INT's and make it look they weren't so bad because they weren't mutiple times in a game . Most of them were thrown when the game is on the line.
    Two of them. Two out of five is not most.

If we had just one TO in this game, we have a good chance to win. It's the multiple turnovers that cost it.

So yes, Trent's crap stinks less. We should have taken the chance. JP had zero, just like I said last week, because when a guy is in his third year playing and still looks like a rookie, then you know what you have in him. At least the actual rookie has a chance to get better. Unknown is better than zero.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

the oline looked like a different unit today.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i don't understand how some of you can insist that if Edwards had played at QB, we wouldn't have lost the game.

i agree wholeheartedly with BMN and Pat. Losman is to blame for this loss. He was awful today, in every aspect, and made very costly turnovers. But, to some degree, every player who stepped foot on the field today is also to blame for the loss.
    You can't rationally blame it all on JP.