• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Derek Anderson vs AJ Feely

i figure with JP's last three games, we are probably talking about new QB options. Yes Trent is a legitimate starter option for next year. His one legit knock was that he is injury prone (not that he has a weak arm. go look it up on predraft sites). So with that as a legit concern, and the fact everyone hates that JP was handed the job, the bills front office is going to have to go find some new Craig Nall's and perhaps a legit competitor.

That being said The two names above become options. And my opinion is this. If Anderson can be had relatively cheap, go for it. and stay away from feeley. he's good in good systems. the bills proved they don't have a system for weak talent. They need amazing talent to pull off their Offensive scheme. They've gotten away with it on defense though.

I just know feeley's name is going to be bandied about because of last night, but we saw him Miami. He was terrible. I think only reid understands him and he only played one good game this season. Anderson on the other hand has performed well for almost 2 seasons with not a lot of talent.

Opinions?
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Derek Anderson vs AJ Feely

If they (The Bills brass) truly don't believe that Losman nor Edwards are the guy, then I'd seriously consider going after Anderson. The guy is still young, and makes mistakes, but he also makes some very good plays when the game is on the line. I think he's going to be a good QB in the NFL, and Cleveland would be stupid to let him go, IMO.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Definite no on Feeley.

Anderson's an option but he's used to throwing to big WR's and TE's, so we'd need at least one big receiver and preferably a taller TE for him to be effective. He's worth it if we commit to bringing him the tools.

Regardless, I'd like to see an Edwards vs TBD FA QB competition in camp next year.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Guys, Drek Anderson will not be available. Nice try.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

it really isnt going to matter who the qb is without some WR help and a f'n Tight end that can run better than a 5.0 40 yard dash
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• RockStar36
            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
            • Sep 2004

If the Bills had Braylon Edwards or KEII than maybe Anderson would be an option and a good one.

But this will most likely me TE's team for a few years.

D & S Sports

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
              it really isnt going to matter who the qb is without some WR help and a f'n Tight end that can run better than a 5.0 40 yard dash
              Does it matter how fast the TE is when he's standing there wide open and your QB throws into double coverage?

Yes, the Bill need some WR help but the game yesterday was winnable and the only one to blame was the QB.

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

"go find some new Craig Nall's"

I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• don137
                  • Jul 2002

If the Browns feel Quinn is ready they may keep Anderson around next year just as an insurance policy. My hunch is the lowest he will be had for once the Browns are ready to go with Quinn is a second rounder. I can't see the Browns letting Anderson go this off-season.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Why dont they give Edwards the rest of the games to see if he can cut it before we talk about bringing in another starter.

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

They won't necessarily be a starter, but someone has to at least replace JP.
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

JP isn't going to play another year here knowing he's not the starter or have a chance at it. so the bills have to bring someone in. whether its a token washed up vet to help trent along or some young underrated talent or one big name free agent to create some competition.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                          They won't necessarily be a starter, but someone has to at least replace JP.
                          I don't think Anderson will want to leave his situation to be a backup. Feeley stinks.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                            Why dont they give Edwards the rest of the games to see if he can cut it before we talk about bringing in another starter.
                            Yeah, we agree. Five games should give us a pretty good idea where Edwards stands.

Anderson isn't coming here to be a backup so Edwards would need to be pretty bad and I just don't see that happening.

I think he'll end up proving that he's worthy of the starting QB position.

I actually think Feeley makes sense as a backup but I thought he was signed long term in Philly.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                              Yeah, we agree. Five games should give us a pretty good idea where Edwards stands.

Anderson isn't coming here to be a backup so Edwards would need to be pretty bad and I just don't see that happening.

I think he'll end up proving that he's worthy of the starting QB position.

I actually think Feeley makes sense as a backup but I thought he was signed long term in Philly.

And if Edwards stinks the joint up bring in Anderson to compete for starter.

Comment

Working...
                              X