Do you think our run blocking would be better...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MarshawnIsDaMan
    • Nov 2007

Do you think our run blocking would be better...

I have watched our run blocking this year quite a bit and couldn't figure out why our Big, gianormous line gets penetrated on. I have seen Melvin Fowler get pushed consistently in the backfield. I played WR so I don't know about blocking inside the trenches but I have been told by people who do know that it starts with the center in run blocking. I don't know. So if we get a adequate center in the offseason, do you think we improve drastically? Is Fowler the big problem? What are your thoughts.
    The Bills havent made the playoffs since I graduated high school. Lets please make it before Im 30.

This is the next superstar RB
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Do you think our run blocking would be better...

he's definitely a problem and probably the weakest link in our current line.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
      he's definitely a problem and probably the weakest link in our current line.
      No doubt, I almost think drafting a good center early is as big a need as WR now, fowler is a walking goner.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

I've stated this since we signed the guy. I remember how useless he was as a member of the Browns.

Unfortunately the FA class at C isn't that great. Wiegmann, Newberry and maybe Faine and Wade. Faine and Wade are believed to have an opt out if they want.

Faine would be a good upgrade. The other three? eh, who knows.

I've also heard the draft is weak at the C position.

The same problem Lynch can't run well is the same reason Willis couldn't and it starts in the middle.

Comment

• The Answer
          The Plagiarist
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by MarshawnIsDaMan
          I have watched our run blocking this year quite a bit and couldn't figure out why our Big, gianormous line gets penetrated on. I have seen Melvin Fowler get pushed consistently in the backfield. I played WR so I don't know about blocking inside the trenches but I have been told by people who do know that it starts with the center in run blocking. I don't know. So if we get a adequate center in the offseason, do you think we improve drastically? Is Fowler the big problem? What are your thoughts.
          We haven't had a dominant center since the days of Kent Hull - yet another reason our oline has been terrible or average at best the last 10 years.

~The Answer

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

imagine our line with a dominant Center making the line calls....ooh how sweet it would be

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I'm with Op...Fowler is the weak link of the line and I would consider the center position a bigger off-season priority than DT or DE.

Mel just gets pushed around too much.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
              X