Power to Give Rep

Re: Sean Taylor has died

That really sucks. RIP Sean Taylor.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

RIP Sean Taylor

thoughts and prayers to your teammates and loved ones.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi
    Pretty bad assassin to shoot him in the leg though. If yer putting a hit on someone you generally aim for the head or chest.
    No one said "assassin". He had been in trouble before with bad characters and may have had someone deciding to do a little revenge on him when was down and recovering. Hopefully cops will find a trace.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Saving the World One Signature at a Time! Valerie's Avatar
    Somewhere on a Beach sipping something strong
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think Sean was meant to die. I think because he was shot in the leg, he was supposed to be injured, not dead. According to some of the early reports someone broke into his house about a week before and left a knife on his bed. I think this was a planned attack and they knew he would be there this weekend for the game. Very sad. I really hope they catch the bastards who did this. Even if Sean was a bad ass, he wasn't doing anything illegal when he was shot. He was in bed with his girlfriend with his 1 year old daughter in another room. He turned his life around. No one deserves this.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
    Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
    The only answer I found for all this hurt
    Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sounds like someone was sending Mr. Taylor a message.

Live like a thug, die like a thug I guess.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzlingr
    Sounds like someone was sending Mr. Taylor a message.

Live like a thug, die like a thug I guess.
    Oh great I'm gonna die boring in yuppie suburbia.

HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Unhappy Re: Sean Taylor has died

What's the point of professional black athletes getting millions and they drag the ghetto with them to suburbia? You have to weed out the bad ones. Tragic that he died and it wasn't a random act. Someone had a vendetta!

There's a saying,"You can take the guy or girl out of the ghetto, but you you can't take the ghetto out of him or her". This is the case of many (not all) black celebrities.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I can't believe all the speculation in here. You people didn't know the guy yet you are passing judgement?

Taylor wasn't raised in the ghetto. His father is a Chief of Police in a town down there.

Taylor did have some troubles in the past, but characterizing him as a thug is dumb. He wasn't a former gang-banger or anything. He had a couple run-ins, but nothing as severe as what Andy Reids kids have done. He may have had trouble with some people, but it probably had more to do with is being a professional athlete (and thus a target for some) than anything in his past.

As for his being targeted, there is no evidence of it being anything other than a robbery. He may have known his assailant or not. He heard someone breaking into his house and grabbed a machete' to protect his family. When confronted, the intruder fired on him twice, the first one missing while the second shot hit him in the leg.

That is all we know. Anybody trying to make assumptions based on his perceived past is out-of-line.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Am I the only one that thinks it's it a bit odd to have a machete in your bedroom?

Thanks
    Thanked 24,441 Times in 14,158 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by NE39
    I can't believe all the speculation in here. You people didn't know the guy yet you are passing judgement?

Taylor wasn't raised in the ghetto. His father is a Chief of Police in a town down there.

Taylor did have some troubles in the past, but characterizing him as a thug is dumb. He wasn't a former gang-banger or anything. He had a couple run-ins, but nothing as severe as what Andy Reids kids have done. He may have had trouble with some people, but it probably had more to do with is being a professional athlete (and thus a target for some) than anything in his past.

As for his being targeted, there is no evidence of it being anything other than a robbery. He may have known his assailant or not. He heard someone breaking into his house and grabbed a machete' to protect his family. When confronted, the intruder fired on him twice, the first one missing while the second shot hit him in the leg.

That is all we know. Anybody trying to make assumptions based on his perceived past is out-of-line.
    We also know that nothing was taken or out of place during the second invasion and that his phone lines were cut prior to forced entry. That is all we know.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Sabres Zone
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Was there anything taken from his home? If not I can bet it was a hit man. It was first said that he was shot in the groin, now its the leg?

Rest in peace Sean!
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Unhappy Re: Sean Taylor has died

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    We also know that nothing was taken or out of place during the second invasion and that his phone lines were cut prior to forced entry. That is all we know.
    He was probably hanging out with the wrong people.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Wow. Just wow. We suddenly have a bunch of experts here, but givin this forum and the specific comments its pretty much expected.

RIP Sean Taylor. Only 24 years old, leaving behind a young child and by all account maturing as a young man. You will be missed.

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

My only beef with this whole thing is after a break-in a guy with all the money in the world did nothing to protect the life of his infant daughter.No upgrades in security no getting her out of the house. The family is truely lucky they are only mourning the loss of Taylor.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I hope he had a good life insurance policy left behind for his widow and child.

Saving the World One Signature at a Time! Valerie's Avatar
    Somewhere on a Beach sipping something strong
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MBBedard
    My only beef with this whole thing is after a break-in a guy with all the money in the world did nothing to protect the life of his infant daughter.No upgrades in security no getting her out of the house. The family is truely lucky they are only mourning the loss of Taylor.
    My co-worker and I were saying the same thing today. After the first break in and the knife left on his bed, you would've thought he'd either upgrade his security or get some if he didn't have any.

I agree, Devin, some people here are very cold. A young man lost his life, in his home, leaving behind a child. It's very sad. People should show a little more respect. It's all they're talking about down here. It's shocking and very upsetting.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JD SabreFan
    Was there anything taken from his home? If not I can bet it was a hit man. It was first said that he was shot in the groin, now its the leg?

Rest in peace Sean!
    Last I read, nothing was taken either time.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie
    My co-worker and I were saying the same thing today. After the first break in and the knife left on his bed, you would've thought he'd either upgrade his security or get some if he didn't have any.

I agree, Devin, some people here are very cold. A young man lost his life, in his home, leaving behind a child. It's very sad. People should show a little more respect.
    Yea thats the only thing. In a few days I am sure we will know if it was a matter of being gun down or just a by stander in a break in.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He got shot in the femoral artery. Right where your groing meets your leg.