Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sean Taylor has died

Saving the World One Signature at a Time! Valerie's Avatar
    Somewhere on a Beach sipping something strong
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Sean Taylor has died

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzlingr
    Last I read, nothing was taken either time.
    Which makes me think he was targeted. And I don't think they meant to kill him either. Just f him up so he couldn't play anymore. IMO

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
    Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
    The only answer I found for all this hurt
    Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie
    Which makes me think he was targeted. And I don't think they meant to kill him either. Just f him up so he couldn't play anymore. IMO
    Sounds like something a Dallas Cowboy would do
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzlingr
    where was tank johnson last night?
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by NE39
    I can't believe all the speculation in here. You people didn't know the guy yet you are passing judgement?

Taylor wasn't raised in the ghetto. His father is a Chief of Police in a town down there.

Taylor did have some troubles in the past, but characterizing him as a thug is dumb. He wasn't a former gang-banger or anything. He had a couple run-ins, but nothing as severe as what Andy Reids kids have done. He may have had trouble with some people, but it probably had more to do with is being a professional athlete (and thus a target for some) than anything in his past.

As for his being targeted, there is no evidence of it being anything other than a robbery. He may have known his assailant or not. He heard someone breaking into his house and grabbed a machete' to protect his family. When confronted, the intruder fired on him twice, the first one missing while the second shot hit him in the leg.

That is all we know. Anybody trying to make assumptions based on his perceived past is out-of-line.
    thank you.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie
    My co-worker and I were saying the same thing today. After the first break in and the knife left on his bed, you would've thought he'd either upgrade his security or get some if he didn't have any.

I agree, Devin, some people here are very cold. A young man lost his life, in his home, leaving behind a child. It's very sad. People should show a little more respect. It's all they're talking about down here. It's shocking and very upsetting.
    remember that ST was on probation and him carrying a gun or w.e will be a violation for him. That was another example that Sean really turned his life around, damn....

R.I.P Sean Taylor , the good die young. One of my fav players ever, the closes thing to Ronnie Lott..

Ashton Youbotys #1 fan! reppin Liberia
    GET WELL SOON KEVIN EVERETT!

the EPITOMY of PATHETIC im4bflo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

RIP

HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Unhappy Re: Sean Taylor has died

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....html?bcnn=yes

I apologize if I jumped to conclusion. There have been so many senseless killings when athletes wants to go clubbing or hanging out with the wrong people that one would think that Sean was like that. Again, I'm sorry.

Last edited by blackonyx89; 11-28-2007 at 12:38 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by blackonyx89
    I apologize if I jumped to conclusion. There have been so many senseless killings when athletes wants to go clubbing or hanging out with the wrong people that one would think that Sean, was like that. Again I'm sorry.
    I understand where you are coming from. In an odd way Taylor was an example, because he hung around with some bad dudes, and perhaps that led to this. Or perhaps not.

However, Taylor didn't grow up in a ghetto. He was the middle-class son of a cop, who attended an elite private school (Gulliver Preparatory) before going to Miami. He was a bright kid and a good student.

At Miami, Taylor did get involved with some bad people. If you are a star athlete at Miami, those types glom onto you like leaches. He was reportedly a wild guy (Clinton Portis said he was one of the craziest Hurricanes), seemingly doing things to an extreme to make up for not coming from a hard upbringing. He did get into some trouble and developed a reputation.

Taylor was supposedly maturing and getting his life together. In the end, he died tragically. Whether this was due to some of past issues or not is speculation, but calling him a thug is just plain wrong. It is generalizing based on how you think he was, but you don't know.

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

very sad news indeed

two points:

1. no more sad then when you hear it happens to someone a few towns over from you. remember that next time you watch the news

2. just speculating but im gonna guess he got shot trying to be a macho hero. being a man is knowing when to hide (you and your family) in a closet. please remember that if you ever find yourself in a similiar situation
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Guy who shot him busted his bedroom door down??

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by LtFinFan66
    Guy who shot him busted his bedroom door down??
    I read that last night. He locked himself and the family in the bedroom, and they busted in and shot him.

They were after him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I just read this, and it is stunning:

Sliding Doors II: Not long ago, Taylor used to have pit bulls at his Miami residence. But after the Michael Vick saga, Taylor -– along with many other players -– got rid of the pit bulls that some used for protection. Without protection from his pets, Taylor was left more vulnerable.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I hope they catch who did this a.s.a.p. It's so horrible for all of them.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes

TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) -- Still in disbelief of his childhood friend's shooting death, Arizona Cardinals cornerback Antrel Rolle vowed Wednesday to make sure Sean Taylor is remembered.
    He added he did not believe the killing was part of a burglary gone sour, and that Taylor had many enemies on the streets of Miami.
    "This was not the first incident," Rolle said. "They've been targeting him for three years now."
    Rolle said many former "friends" had it in for Taylor, who was trying to build a more stable life.
    "He really didn't say too much," Rolle said, "but I know he lived his life pretty much scared every day of his life when he was down in Miami because those people were targeting him. At least, he's got peace now."
    Rolle and Taylor, whose fathers were policemen in Homestead, Fla., started playing football together when they were 6 years old. They went on to become University of Miami teammates and NFL first-round draft picks. Both wore No. 21, Rolle for the Cardinals, Taylor for the Washington Redskins.
    Rolle said he hadn't talked to Taylor in a while, and that the Redskin had withdrawn from the crowd he hung around with to build a new life with his girlfriend and young daughter.
    "There was so much surrounding him," Rolle said. "Everyone was talking about him bad, so he just had to distance himself from everyone and live a life of his own. ... Within the last year, I've never seen anyone make such a dramatic change,"
    Withdrawing from a bad crowd isn't easy, though, Rolle said.
    "They say it was a burglary. It absolutely was not a burglary," he said. "Down South, where we're from, there were many people targeting Sean, a lot of jealousy, a lot of angry people.

Visually stunning but camera-shy. Cntrygal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,593 Times in 4,537 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by njsue
    He was shot in front of his family during a robbery to his house.

God Bless

Let me tell you the Redskins will be playing with heavy hearts on sunday as they face the Bills.

YIKES
    Quote Originally Posted by gunzlingr
    It wasn't a robbery, and good one, almost made me laugh.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Looks like they already have detained 3 suspects:

LINK

Miami-Dade detectives have detained two teenagers and a man in his 20s in Lee County for questioning in the death of Washington Redskins football star Sean Taylor.

Investigators believe the young men learned of Taylor's house through someone who unwittingly set up the burglary by bragging about the football star's wealth.

The suspects include 17- and 19-year-olds and a 21-year-old. All hail from the Fort Myers area.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Just heard that Andy Garcia is his girlfriend's Uncle.