X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Re: Sean Taylor has died

Sounds like someone was sending Mr. Taylor a message.

Live like a thug, die like a thug I guess.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
      Sounds like someone was sending Mr. Taylor a message.

Live like a thug, die like a thug I guess.
      Oh great I'm gonna die boring in yuppie suburbia.

Comment

• blackonyx89
        HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
        • Mar 2005

What's the point of professional black athletes getting millions and they drag the ghetto with them to suburbia? You have to weed out the bad ones. Tragic that he died and it wasn't a random act. Someone had a vendetta!

There's a saying,"You can take the guy or girl out of the ghetto, but you you can't take the ghetto out of him or her". This is the case of many (not all) black celebrities.
        Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
          • Jul 2003

I can't believe all the speculation in here. You people didn't know the guy yet you are passing judgement?

Taylor wasn't raised in the ghetto. His father is a Chief of Police in a town down there.

Taylor did have some troubles in the past, but characterizing him as a thug is dumb. He wasn't a former gang-banger or anything. He had a couple run-ins, but nothing as severe as what Andy Reids kids have done. He may have had trouble with some people, but it probably had more to do with is being a professional athlete (and thus a target for some) than anything in his past.

As for his being targeted, there is no evidence of it being anything other than a robbery. He may have known his assailant or not. He heard someone breaking into his house and grabbed a machete' to protect his family. When confronted, the intruder fired on him twice, the first one missing while the second shot hit him in the leg.

That is all we know. Anybody trying to make assumptions based on his perceived past is out-of-line.

Comment

• Drev8
            • Aug 2004

Am I the only one that thinks it's it a bit odd to have a machete in your bedroom?

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
              I can't believe all the speculation in here. You people didn't know the guy yet you are passing judgement?

Taylor wasn't raised in the ghetto. His father is a Chief of Police in a town down there.

Taylor did have some troubles in the past, but characterizing him as a thug is dumb. He wasn't a former gang-banger or anything. He had a couple run-ins, but nothing as severe as what Andy Reids kids have done. He may have had trouble with some people, but it probably had more to do with is being a professional athlete (and thus a target for some) than anything in his past.

As for his being targeted, there is no evidence of it being anything other than a robbery. He may have known his assailant or not. He heard someone breaking into his house and grabbed a machete' to protect his family. When confronted, the intruder fired on him twice, the first one missing while the second shot hit him in the leg.

That is all we know. Anybody trying to make assumptions based on his perceived past is out-of-line.
              We also know that nothing was taken or out of place during the second invasion and that his phone lines were cut prior to forced entry. That is all we know.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• JD
                Sabres Zone
                • Sep 2003

Was there anything taken from his home? If not I can bet it was a hit man. It was first said that he was shot in the groin, now its the leg?

Rest in peace Sean!
                “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• blackonyx89
                  HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  We also know that nothing was taken or out of place during the second invasion and that his phone lines were cut prior to forced entry. That is all we know.
                  He was probably hanging out with the wrong people.
                  Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• Devin
                    The Octagon
                    • Apr 2003

Wow. Just wow. We suddenly have a bunch of experts here, but givin this forum and the specific comments its pretty much expected.

RIP Sean Taylor. Only 24 years old, leaving behind a young child and by all account maturing as a young man. You will be missed.
                    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• The King
                      Without me it's just Awe so
                      • Jun 2004

My only beef with this whole thing is after a break-in a guy with all the money in the world did nothing to protect the life of his infant daughter.No upgrades in security no getting her out of the house. The family is truely lucky they are only mourning the loss of Taylor.
                      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                      It was all
                      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

I hope he had a good life insurance policy left behind for his widow and child.

Comment

• Valerie
                          Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
                          My only beef with this whole thing is after a break-in a guy with all the money in the world did nothing to protect the life of his infant daughter.No upgrades in security no getting her out of the house. The family is truely lucky they are only mourning the loss of Taylor.
                          My co-worker and I were saying the same thing today. After the first break in and the knife left on his bed, you would've thought he'd either upgrade his security or get some if he didn't have any.

I agree, Devin, some people here are very cold. A young man lost his life, in his home, leaving behind a child. It's very sad. People should show a little more respect. It's all they're talking about down here. It's shocking and very upsetting.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
                          Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
                          The only answer I found for all this hurt
                          Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                            Was there anything taken from his home? If not I can bet it was a hit man. It was first said that he was shot in the groin, now its the leg?

Rest in peace Sean!
                            Last I read, nothing was taken either time.
                            You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• The King
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Valerie
                              My co-worker and I were saying the same thing today. After the first break in and the knife left on his bed, you would've thought he'd either upgrade his security or get some if he didn't have any.

I agree, Devin, some people here are very cold. A young man lost his life, in his home, leaving behind a child. It's very sad. People should show a little more respect.
                              Yea thats the only thing. In a few days I am sure we will know if it was a matter of being gun down or just a by stander in a break in.
                              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                              It was all
                              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• The King
                                • Jun 2004

He got shot in the femoral artery. Right where your groing meets your leg.
                                It was all

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍